Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blind back to 2min, Cloak down to 1 min

What do you guys think of the new changes on the PTR
    - Blind: 2 min
    - Cloak of shadows: 1 min
    - Preparation does not reset Cloak of shadows

I think these are good changes overall - blind ready before trinket was never intended but rather an attempted band aid for 5.1 pvp viability. Preparation resetting cloak allowed for some huge uptime on casters: 5 sec cloak + 4 sec garrote + 5 sec cloak again + 2 sec garrote, well that was never intended either.

Now with Cloak on 1 min CD we'll have a more reliable cooldown overall - it will be more like AMS.

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I was a little upset about the prep change, but with a 1 min CD it's not that big a deal.
    Overall I'm ok with these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    I agree that the short Blind cd was just a bandaid for 5.1, and all and all I'm ok with these changes. It will take some getting used to with CloS not being on Prep, but I'm sure that'll go fast.

Deleted
    Seems alright. Somewhat invalidates Prep in PvE as having double cloak was one of its strongest points. On the flip side, I can now cloak twice as often, which is a substantial help for my healers, and potentially allows me to take on more roles in raids.

Blind is a very good CC, a nerf isn't bad - especially with the other PvP buffs.

CoS on 60 seconds cd is extremely good. Better reliance and in addition more usability in PvE.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I've become quite addicted to the Cloak of Shadows glyph in PvE, I absolutely love this change.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

about time CoS becoming 1 minute CD
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

So, If I'm reading this right...

Shuriken Toss no longer starts Auto-Attack anymore?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    So, If I'm reading this right...

Shuriken Toss no longer starts Auto-Attack anymore?
    its cryptical to me too idk what to think of this

No, ST has been modified to make you throw shurikens for 10 seconds instead of autoattacking (with all the yadda yadda about number-crunching).

Anyway the moment you go in melee range normal autoatacks will override this, so no reason to use it if you're in melee, nor it's worth to gon in and out to make use of it. it will stay a good PvP tool (even if it won't proc crippling anymore).

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Honestly, as long as CoS stays on a 1min cd, its happy days...really!!!

Wow, the amount of raid mechanics rogues are allowed to trump with this buff...

No trumping but this is exactly what means being rogue - break the rules.

It is fun when you can top dps because not of op damaging moves but thanks to abilities that let you maximize your uptime. Being able to stand in the big deadly aoe while every other melee has to flee is priceless.

Deleted
    So how about the rest of things? Cos ok its a thing but survival issues? what changes in that?

Clos 1 min CD is sexy :>

CoS got removed from prep in order to compensate CoS got buffed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    CoS got removed from prep in order to compensate CoS got buffed
    CoS getting removed from prep was needed. It support bad play and does not reward good play.
    This solution is hell of a good and I think that should apply to snap cold and rediness as well.
    It is about time bad players stopped getting catered and rewarded simply for being bad
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Cold Snap, Readiness, and Prep all reset their targets primary defensive tricks: Iceblock, Deflection, and Vanish. That's honestly their primary purpose, though each has some offensive use as well.

I'm fine with cloak being off of prep. For most of the game, it has been, and while 10 seconds of cloak was actually something I really liked this patch, I would easily trade such a dumb trick for being an actually viable class, which 5.2 seems likely to give us. Going back to old school cloak cooldown will help us SO MUCH, especially against caster teams that literally just cast at the rogue whenever he's in LoS the whole match. I thought 90 seconds was a nice buff, but taking us back to 60 is going to actually be fun.

No, ST has been modified to make you throw shurikens for 10 seconds instead of autoattacking (with all the yadda yadda about number-crunching).
    My understanding is that it works JUST LIKE LIVE with the following additions:
    1- The active yellow "throw" no longer procs non-lethals.
    2- As on live, if the enemy is farther than 10 yards away, it does double damage- but now if that condition is met, it triggers passive yellow "shurikens" that replace your autoattacks. Each one is considered a yellow hit, does physical damage, and will proc lethal, but NOT non-lethal, poisons. You can maintain this 10 second buff by redoing the active yellow energy costing "throw". The shurikens deal 75% of normal damage, which maths out to be a bit worse in pve and a bit better in pvp, but is overall close to the normal white cycle.

I'm not sure when the shurikens get cancelled exactly, as it's been different behavior in patches. One thing that is interesting is that a mage at 8 yards seems to be proof against turning this ability on, giving us a 5-10 window to be careful of.
    Last edited by Verain; 2013-01-31 at 05:18 PM.

Just add like ~50% DMG to Mutilate and give Backstab 25% to crit and we'll be fine...

CoS 60 sec CD is kinda op for me(yes, I play rogue).
    Shuriken Toss is going to be another useless talent.
    Blind with 2 minutes Cd? I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachtobi View Post
    Seems alright. Somewhat invalidates Prep in PvE as having double cloak was one of its strongest points. On the flip side, I can now cloak twice as often, which is a substantial help for my healers, and potentially allows me to take on more roles in raids.
    What the hell are you talking about? Prep in PVE was benefitial for the Vanish refresh. Cloaks CD is fine and with Rogues talented into Feint, we are (should) be lowest in damage taken on nearly every encounter ...