Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Lei Shen Speaks on the Zandalar, Mogu, and one of his close friends.

Thanks to Leviathon on Scrolls of Lore for the pics.

Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting stuff. So the mogu have genuine respect for the troll races, or at least Lei Shen does.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2013-01-31 at 06:45 AM.

Lei Shen seems like such a great king.

I feel like we should be embracing Lei Shen as a potential friend instead of an enemy. I like this guy.

Deleted
    Yay for a non pure evil/crazy/corrupt enemy.

I suspect a plot twist to come with the Mogu; a titan-created race who misunderstood their role, the maintenance of order, but still fulfilled their purpose; the maintenance of order, albeit it through cruelty and slavery. It's also likely that they can't be blamed, much as they might revel in their inhumane ways; not least with the Titans tending to be fond of creating races and then leaving them with little clue of what to do once afflicted with the Curse of Flesh and indeed, often trying to destroy them by that point.

Chances are that it was through these extreme measures that they kept the Sha at bay, and with their fall shall come the rise of the Sha; not least this elusive 7th that has yet to be seen. Sha of Death perhaps, or maybe Sha of Chaos. Who knows.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2013-01-31 at 08:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I suspect a plot twist to come with the Mogu; a titan-created race who misunderstood their role, the maintenance of order, but still fulfilled their purpose; the maintenance of order, albeit it through cruelty and slavery. It's also likely that they can't be blamed, much as they might revel in their inhumane ways; not least with the Titans tending to be fond of creating races and then leaving them with little clue of what to do once afflicted with the Curse of Flesh and indeed, often trying to destroy them by that point.
    That sounds pretty much exactly like the way I see them. They were afflicted, they cured themselves, they saw the Curse of Flesh is a bad thing, they overzealosly started doing what they were supposed to do in the first place.

Let's not forget that the titans are far from the do-gooders of the universe. The create armies of mindless slaves to reshape everything, including life on a planet, whether it wants them to or not. They're pure Order, they do what they believe is right, no matter the cost others have to pay.

I think it's a really awesome direction in which they're taking the ancient conflict with the Old Gods. Look at the Klaxxi: they're far from mindless. They're far from bad guys, at that. They're simply culturally different. And yet they served the Old Gods, more than that; it's implied their choice was either to ally with Y'shaarj or be destroyed by the titans. Food for thought.

Here's the lore from other graves and the lorewalker objects I posted last build as well over on SoL.

These are very interesting. The idea that the Thunder King is not evil, while the Klaxxi have already told us they will war with us when the time comes, makes me think we are helping, and fighting, the wrong sides.

After reading those entries, I'm saddened to think that such an interesting people and their leader will perish in this patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    dis guy

hes a freakin bad ass

Could it be a return to moral ambiguity!? NOWAI!
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    So these make it seem as though the Zandalari may be split, with some following Zul and some remaining in a ruined and precarious Zandalar with Rastakhan.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

THIS is why I love MoP so much! Much better than Arthas "I make my armies weaker by being in charge" Menethil.

I'd rather join forces with the Mogu and wipe out the panderan at this point

10+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shen > Arthas (come @ me)

...I can't even hate Lei Shen now.

He believes what he's doing is RIGHT.

God.

Makes you really think what is right and what is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post

God.

Well the methods he is useing are not correct, he wants to prosper or better his people but hes doing it the wrong way, much like Garrosh. Exacly the same thing.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-31 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post

God.

read the last 2 pages, he saw potential in them so he had them killed so they couldn't learn everything destroyed.....what...that is not right in any way, he started the war with the pandaren trying to literally control them. well big mistake now the pandaren's allies the horde and the alliance are going to kill him for his bad choices.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Hah the Zandalari... "They have experience fighting the Horde and Alliance".... Yeah, experiences getting whooped....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann