Page 1 of 3
LastLast

5.2 shadow concern.

Due to the shadow nerfs. I hope people can't just train a shadow and win. With melee as they are, they can just train and win. If they tunnel me next patch, and they lock me out. I can just die. It causes concern to myself. We will have very little to even get away but with the moblity that every melee class has. It might be impossible .

the fade talent prolly was a good idea for a nerf. That was just one of the things i could use to get a cast off before they get on me. Due to the Ms glyph nerf, this might affect shadow alot. This will make me have to use the Mind blast talent and take the new shadow word: insanity talent. It's as if blizzard is making it more cookie cutter for the talents.

also, are they making us into UA locks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mallicce View Post
    Due to the shadow nerfs. I hope people can't just train a shadow and win. With melee as they are, they can just train and win. If they tunnel me next patch, and they lock me out. I can just die. It causes concern to myself. We will have very little to even get away but with the moblity that every melee class has. It might be impossible .
    At least one other spec is already in the same position though.

i cant see these going live as they in their current state. Hopefully it will be downgraded in severity, with some not going live, when the time comes. And they're just testing the data with these changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    At least one other spec is already in the same position though.
    Unrelated, but your paladin has really nice gear.

And yeah I think the shadow nerfs are too much.

Deleted
    If you thought shadowpriests were the strongest caster, well, look again. With these nerfs to like...everything... the spec will be shit if these comes live. Very susceptible for melee training to death....

Please don't whine on priests no more, this was not needed and will make several poor priests reroll if it goes live.

Healing nerfed 3 times
    psyfiend nerfed
    root hp nerfed
    dispersion nerfed
    phantasm nerfed
    glyph of mind spoke nerfed
    DP nerfed
    Insanity still shit(for pvp)

What has been buffed? If i remember correctly, think only mind sear was buffed 2x times.
    Last edited by mmocdd0538594c; 2013-01-31 at 11:01 AM.

also, are they making us into UA locks?
    I would be happy if they made UA locks into UA locks

10+ Year Old Account
    The dispersion nerf was not warranted and i think the phantasm nerf is iffy and could of been done differently. Life swap could be removed for shadow and phantasm and dispersion changed back and I think it would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    If you thought shadowpriests were the strongest caster, well, look again. With these nerfs to like...everything... the spec will be shit if these comes live. Very susceptible for melee training to death....

Please don't whine on priests no more, this was not needed and will make several poor priests reroll if it goes live.

Healing nerfed 3 times
    psyfiend nerfed
    root hp nerfed
    dispersion nerfed
    phantasm nerfed
    DP nerfed

What has been buffed? If i remember correctly, think only mind sear was buffed 2x times.
    this is correct

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post

Healing nerfed 3 times
    psyfiend nerfed
    root hp nerfed
    dispersion nerfed
    phantasm nerfed
    DP nerfed

Void shift was also nerfed.

Deleted
    there is reason to consern, shadow priest are hit very hard, But most of it is because there is a reason. They are to strong.
    AND yes i know, mages are just as OP, but as we all know the 10 unbreakeabel rules of blizzard. Rule number 1 : one shall never neff mages

stop crying.
    Shadow priests are still the best caster out there, the utility they bring to any comp is just broken, the other casters cant even compete.

Deleted
    only change i care about is that Halo will no longer hit my rogue while stealthed!! yay!

I'm not gonna reroll. I don't plan on it. If people reroll because of a nerf, they are just retarded and should die.

Just my main concern is how melee will just train me and win in 5.2. I am a dps, not a healer. If i have a small amount of heals to assist my healer, that is fine. They just need to make it so, I have a get away tool. Freedom atm is too much and melee have to much untility. This makes my root unless most of the time and a decent amount of classes can just break my fear. This causes them to mongo.

The halo change was needed. Divine star is better anyway.

I'm not gonna reroll. I don't plan on it. If people reroll because of a nerf, they are just retarded and should die.
    Try the plural form of that, as it's not just one nerf. It's many: they are gutting the spec for the most part. You'll still be able to play a few comps, I'm sure, and you might even be able to go against some of the comps in 5.2, but as you said, Melee will screw you over. And there's going to be a lot more melee coming back in 5.2. If the current nerfs make it live, then the spec will be lacking and they'll either be forced to buff them back up, or let the spec stay borderline dead.

Also, "they are just retarded and should die," is a bit silly. They're not retarded for rerolling from a spec that's getting gutted. Not everybody likes being overnerfed. And nobody should die simply because they don't feel like playing a spec anymore in a video game. That's a really idiotic statement. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    stop crying.
    Shadow priests are still the best caster out there, the utility they bring to any comp is just broken, the other casters cant even compete.
    Currently.

In 5.2? No, not with how they're nerfing them.
    Last edited by Syh; 2013-02-01 at 05:34 AM.

This is not about 1v1, you need other classes to peel for you, this is why SP group with Frost mages

Giving a tanky dps caster with offheals the ability to be slippery is the worst thing you can do for PVP balance, something had to give to balance SP
    Last edited by Oopsmezedya; 2013-02-01 at 06:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    This is not about 1v1, you need other classes to peel for you, this is why SP group with Frost mages

Giving a tanky dps caster with offheals the ability to be slippery is the worst thing you can do for PVP balance, something had to give to balance SP
    So they said Shadow Priests NEED a nerf...

Maybe that's true nerf... not brake the class completely.

They give us mind flay damage increase.... 33% per orb... thanks....

O wait if you fight a top notch team in RBG you will be locked down and unable to cast all game due to way to many CC options being thrown about by the enemy team.

I for one will be re-rolling or quitting if this becomes live we struggle against warriors as it is for survivability and they go and nuke everything we have to stay alive?

Shadow Priests without team mates who peel - Free Honor.

Shadow is not a noob friendly spec therefore a lot of you will feel that your class has been unfairly treated with these recent changes. Shadow only becomes extremely good at the hands of an extraordinary player when there is synergy involved, primerally with good grips, life swaps and burst set ups with 3 orbs and procs. Most of you probably grip ur partner whenever u feel like it and then he gets charged/gripped and die coz u haven't forced charge/grip earlier. You probably fear everything and have the Shaman using termor coz you didn't silence him. But just watch Zaddo, Khryl, Skoe, Talbadar and other high rated Priests play and you will see what I mean. Alone Priests are not very good, unlike DK's that get to destroy the world by themselves. Speaking of DK's, even thought Shadowcleave will be better, DK/Priest/Healer will still be really good.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2013-02-01 at 03:48 PM.

The only downside to Spriest is that they can't do a ton of frontload damage. Every, and I mean EVERY, other spec in the game can pop all their dps cooldowns on the first few GCD's and do a ton of upfront damage. Sure shadow can shadowfiend which hits very hard but to do their full damage they have to get 3 mindblasts off.

The healing nerf does hurt but I don't think the phantasm change is going to be too bad. The not target-able function of the spell is used to counter casters and spriests aren't easily trained by casters. Their weakness is melee training them into the ground.

They still have amazing utility that lets their team play terrible and still survive. Life grip, void shift, and friendly MD. Mass Dispelling CC off their healer is particularly annoying. Doesn't punish a healer who gets CCd for poor positioning, have to blanket the spriest when you sheep the healer.

Ugh silence fears are the worst for shams now ><

Luckily the priests in bgs aren't that smart. Get shut down hard :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post

True. But not frost mages. Never frost mages. They take from you everything, and give nothing back.

(I'm leveling my frost mage on the other screen)
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter