Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In no particular order, Russian River's Pliny the Elder, The Alchemist's Heady Topper, Founders' Kentucky Breakfast Stout, Russian River's Supplication, and Goose Island's Bourbon County stout.

There's plenty of good imports, but American craft beer is where it's at (when in the States, anyway).
    Last edited by Spectral; 2013-01-31 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Guinness, but ONLY from Europe. I don't know why, but something goes.... funny when its shipped overseas to the states, which I'm quite sad about.
    See a lot of people liking Guinness. Outside of Ireland it tastes really terrible. Go to a pub near St. James's Gate and have a pint of Guinness, it's gorgeous, go further into even Dublin and it starts to change taste. It tastes different in every part of Ireland but it really doesn't travel well, outside of Ireland I won't touch it.
    Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.

I'm a big Sam Adams fan...but I recently had my first Guinness. Not sure why I waited so long, but it's become my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Guinness, but ONLY from Europe. I don't know why, but something goes.... funny when its shipped overseas to the states, which I'm quite sad about.
    I'm under the impression that they ship slightly different formulations to different export markets. The traditional Guinness Draught has the nitro-carb, but I personally find it too light bodied and dry. If you want a great beer from Guinness while you're in the states, I recommend Guinness Foreign Extra Stout - http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/209/752

Deleted
    Finnish Beer -> Karhu. (Tho most finnish beers are sh*te nowadays) Mexican Sol is excellent "summer beer".. Waiting for winter to end.

Deleted
    Kriek. I'm not a fan of beer in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Kriek. I'm not a fan of beer in general.
    Ah, good memories. Kriek tastes gooood... Cherries, sour and sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love loads of beers and ales.

At my local I drink Hobgoblin for sessions and Old Empire for a treat (Marston beers basically).

However, I often go on 'beer adventures' to try out real ales all over the place.

Amongst many others, I am also fond of Duval, Chime, Anchor Steam, Golden Sheep, etc etc.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 02:18 PM ----------

I am also fond of my hometown's beer:

http://www.ossett-brewery.co.uk/

They have won many CAMRA awards and have opened some cracking pubs, best chain they have is called 'The Hop' - Wakefield, Leeds, Sheffield with more coming in the future. Nicely done interiors and they host bands/comedy acts/spoken word (I saw Howard Marks there twice, was hillarious and insightful).

http://www.thehopwakefield.com/
    http://www.thehop-leeds.co.uk/
    http://www.thehop-sheffield.com/

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Chuck;20054132]I got TONS of them That's why I use this awesome new app for android They have like 160k or smth different beers for 200 countries, so you can save your oppinion pretty much on every beer you've tasted. Got to go to google play and type "Beers - Worlds beer logbook" or something like that.

EDIT: Thanks for reminding me, 3 posts above, about that beer you've drank. Forgot to add it to app Also loved that one.. a bit too "sweet" imho but still liked it.

EDIT: found a link for that beer app

Meh, never liked Guiness! :/ But I DO love that app you posted...

I really like Kaiserdom Weisebeer or how it's properly called. Haven't had a chance to drink any good IPA's but I'm sure I'd like one. Fisherdog one's in USA might be good, anyone knows? Will dig some wishlist from Beers app and post it here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell's_Brewery

Bell's may not be the absolute best beer I have ever had, but their brewery has a great selection and produces a great taste in their beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun33 View Post
    Bell's may not be the absolute best beer I have ever had, but their brewery has a great selection and produces a great taste in their beer.
    Hopslam is pretty damned good. So are Third Coast and Two Hearted. Bell's is a delight.

I like a lot of different beers, my local systembolaget(state owned liqour chain) got 798 different kinds stocked at the moment so it's easy to run down and buy something new if you are in the mood for that. As far as mainstream brands goes though I usually make sure to have a couple of bottles of Kronenbourg 1664 at home, it's a pretty good allround beer, works for when you are having dinner or just chilling infront of the telly/computer. It's french I believe, a pale lager. I think most of you are familiar with it, at least European posters.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-01-31 at 02:51 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    I like a lot of different beers, my local systembolaget(state owned liqour chain) got 798 different kinds stocked so it's easy to run down and buy something new if you are in the mood for that. As far as mainstream brands goes though I usually make sure to have a couple of bottles of Kronenbourg 1664 at home, it's a pretty good allround beer, works for when you are having dinner or just chilling infront of the telly/computer. It's french I believe, a pale lager. I think most of you are familiar with it, at least European posters.
    Yep, French. It's pretty readily available stateside as well, apparently $8.49 for a six pack at my local Total Wine (great beer/wine chain here).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Personally mine is Fosters. Its got that premium Australian taste.
    I heard Australians don't like Fosters. Any aussies chime in.
    My favorite beer is Murphy's.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite beer at this moment is:

This is one of the better beers I've had in my life. It's aged in oak barrels that previously contained rum. It is incredibly smooth, and has a pretty nice kick to it. 7% alcohol can't hurt either.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

A cold one

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    any lager that is ice-cold

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 03:07 PM ----------

Deadvolcanos...that is a good beer for sure. But so darn expensive

I don't really drink much, but when I do I either try to have something from Stone Brewery or Firestone Brewery. Just love the fresh, strong California IPA style.

http://www.stonebrew.com/ipa/

My go-to nectar of gods.

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA is one of them, and Tröegs Java Head Stout. I love Fat Tire as well, but sadly, I can't seem to get it here without paying exorbitant shipping costs.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    This thread has got me thinking. I drink a lot of beer and I always choose the same shitty old brand. From this day forth I will buy one beer of everyone's favorite along with my usual shitty selection.

Thanks guys.