Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can't say I have a specific beer that I can label as favorite. I think Three Floyds: Pride and Joy might be right about perfect for me, though.

Favorite styles of beer: IPA, Strong Ale, Imperials (though, I know, it's not necessarily a specific style).

Kromacher or Heineken.

If I feel funny: Švyturys, great Lithuanian beer!

Dont like Irish Beer at all tbh the selection is awful strange here. Bavaria and Dutch Gold is high demand here after Guinness.
    Last edited by Samanth; 2013-01-31 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Winterhook, by Red Hook.

Deleted
    Gösser.

/10 chars

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEss View Post
    Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA is one of them, and Tröegs Java Head Stout. I love Fat Tire as well, but sadly, I can't seem to get it here without paying exorbitant shipping costs.
    I found the Javahead to be nearly undrinkable. Yuck. Not a fan of that brewery.

Deleted
    Karhu in finland Karhu means bear in finnish which is hilarious since its so close to Beer

10+ Year Old Account
    I am quite partial to ginger beer and root beer.

St. Bernardus Abt 12, great belgian beer. My favourite pilsner is Hertog Jan (from limburg).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    rolling rock

spotted cow its a Wisconsin only microbrew
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

Deleted
    I hate Beer.
    I hate Wine.
    I hate Champagne.
    I hate Brandy.

I love mostly anything else.
    But then again im gluten intolerant so beer also makes me vomit

Sam adams octoberfest, Sam adams holiday porter and guiness black lager are tasty if you like dark.

I drink busch out of a pilsner glass, its cheap and after a few hours it doesnt matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Of any beer I've tried, probably Samuel Smith's Oatmeal stout. However, I mostly drink Guinness -- which I also like quite a lot -- because it is common and easy to find and probably the only stout you can say that about.

I pretty much exclusively like stouts and porters. I'm picky in that way, but I'm not a beer snob (obviously, since my picks aren't some obscure kind). It isn't real common to find a variety of stouts to try out since it's not a very popular type, so I've probably tasted very few brands over the years.

I will say that I think I am the only imperial stout fan who hates Old Rasputin, though. It's a very popular beer, but the chocolate smell is too strong for me. My brain does not like when it smells chocolate cake then tastes a bitter brew. The need to avoid brain disorientation overrides flavour. :P

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    My go-to beer is Newcastle Brown but it depends on my mood.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Don't drink that much, beer or anything else, but when I do go out for a drink or w/e I usually buy Kokanee

10+ Year Old Account
    What are some good foreign beers (outside the United States) that you recommend that I try? All the US brands kinda taste like crap (besides Sam Adams)

10+ Year Old Account
    In the U.S. try Dogfish Head Burton Baton. For non-U.S., I just tried Rochefort Trappist 8 and 10, both were excellent if you like Belgians.
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suf-fer-ing. Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What are some good foreign beers (outside the United States) that you recommend that I try? All the US brands kinda taste like crap (besides Sam Adams)
    If you most 'US brands' taste like crap, you probably won't like stuff out of any place else, either.

If you're referring solely of Anheuser Busch and/or Miller+Coors, then yeah possibly. However, the Craft Brew industry is booming and coming out with new interesting stuff every day that you may enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    If you most 'US brands' taste like crap, you probably won't like stuff out of any place else, either.

If you're referring solely of Anheuser Busch and/or Miller+Coors, then yeah possibly. However, the Craft Brew industry is booming and coming out with new interesting stuff every day that you may enjoy.
    Indeed. Most big export brands from the US are pretty terrible, but you shouldn't have any troubles finding good microbrews as a US citizen Jaylock. Needless to say they're not overly common in Sweden, but I've had one (Californian, I think) called Scrimshaw, and that was delish. Just keep your eyes open for renowned local beers.

10+ Year Old Account

Best beer ever. Brewed in my home town, it actually has a pretty wide US distribution now..unfortunately I can't find it anywhere around NJ.