Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Honestly, I love Red Stripe, from the tap it's godly.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    A single Dogfish Head 120 is enough to put me on my ass. It's also about all I can afford to drink if I can even get my hands on one (note: Dogfish doesn't ship to Indiana anymore).
    Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA is great stuff. I do have to admit I love a Negro Modello if I'm eating spicy food, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    None, it's all gross.

Kronenbourg on tap

Old polish beer called E.B, which I can no longer find.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    This.

I used to be a long time drinker, but then gave it up in favor of something that actually elicited some flavor. Of the root beers available in the US, I prefer Barqs. A&W is ok, but doesn't have the same kick that Barq's does.

I would. however, LOVE to actually try a REAL sarsaparilla, if for no other reason than to compare it to the current root beers. They seem to be intertwined after all.
    Have you tried a Henry Reinhard's Root Beer? best i've tried so far.

OT though, im a huge fan of a Belgian What, Hoegaarden, Blue Moon, Shocktop and Alaskan. Blue Moon's quality seems to have suffered the last year or so, i've seen.

Had that Blue Moon Grand Cru, it was pretty good as well. very cloudy, unfiltered yeasty goodness.

I haven't tried an IPA i've liked so far, and i feel people drink them just to show off that they can drink carbonated water filtered through Potpourri, lol

I enjoy a good Sam Adam's Oktoberfest or Boston Lager. Leinenkugel Honey Weiss is a favorite of mine too. Honestly I'm not too adventurous with my choices though

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite beer?

A Martini.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    None, it's all gross.
    I'm sorry you lack the taste for beer.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Belgian dark and strong ales are my forte. Dubbels, Tripels, Quadrupels, Trappist, etc.

My favorite is Gulden Draak. Others with strong mention are:

Brooklyn Local #2
    Westmalle
    Rochefort
    Chimay Blue

Tripel karmeliet , Gouden carolus tripel , st Bernardus abt 12 , Chimay blue ... a good kriek or hoegaarden in the summer , so many damn fine beers in Belgium it's hard to make a list.

Deleted
    Chimay Bleu

Deleted
    Sadly I don't like beer.

Last year's spring IPAs from San Diego's Ballest Point were basically the best thing ever. But then somebody dumped an entire extra bag into the tank over the summer and the entire fall line of IPAs was ruined.

So that said, I love Hobgoblin. If I'm going for a cheaper beer, Newcastle or Stella.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    1)Free Good Beer
    2)Any Free Beer 3)Snow Day Seasonal from New Belgium brewery 4)Surly beers, except for the coffee one. 5)Corona, w/lime but only when in Mexico lounging poolside.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Grolsch!

Grolsch! The true beer of the Dutch! If you ever get to the Netherlands get one of those fancy ladies in the big green bottle.(A 'beugel')

Screw that fancy Heineken, it taste like lemonade and drinks like Lemonade!

And if you go for the real beer, I think I will take a Belgian Duvel <3 Nom nom!

Deleted
    Don't like beer

i've been drinking a lot of the pink elephant lately (delirium tremens)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah a topic on something very near and dear to my heart; beer!

When it comes to styles of beer I am usually open to trying them all. Of the styles I've sampled I am a fan of most American IPAs, porters, some stouts, most ESBs, and most Belgian styles (dubbels, tripels, Belgian IPAs) Normally there isn't a beer I won't like but I have come across a few that I just cannot finish. Saisons are a little too barnyard funky for me. Some barleywines and imperial stouts are too strong in flavor to finish. For example, I cannot put my finger on it but there are some imp. stouts that have an almost "soy sauce" taste to them and I find that unpalatable in a beer.

I always try new beer, whether it is a new style of beer or a new brewery's take on a familiar style.

That all being said I do have some local go-to brews. Pyramid's Outburst Imperial IPA, Ninkasi's Total Domination IPA, New Belgium's Ranger IPA, Sierra Nevada's Torpedo IPA, and Elysian's; The Immortal IPA, Prometheus IPA, Mens Room Red

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    European posters have an advantage because most liquor stores near me think the only thing anyone drinks in the EU is Guinness so it's all they ever really have for "imports."

One store used to get a good selection in but now it's run by a local supermarket instead and they sell nothing but shit.
    When I last went to New York, I went in a bar and cried when I saw the imported beers were Stella Artois and Carling >.<

I did, however, find a few nice bars in the Bronx after I went to fall asleep watching the New York Yankees play.