25 62.50%
  • Undecided

7 17.50%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

quiting wow because of movie

Hi everyone,

im sure i'm not alone when I say im very dissapointed in the announcement of the wow movie.

I'm not sure how this could actually be GOOD, blizzard missed their opportunity for it back when the game was popular in 2007.

it will probably be written really badly with storyline that will filter into the game and make it even worse than the storyline currently is IMHO. i dont really have any faith after cataclysm and all the crappy stuff with thrall having babies (its WARcraft not SETTLEDOWNANDHAVEAFAMILYcraft)

who else is seriously thinking of quitting to send blizzard a message on this issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what to say. Every day people think of new reasons to quit WoW. If you don't mind me asking, what does a WoW movie have to do with the game? You don't have to watch it if you think it's bad, and in the off chance that it does turn out to be good, you can still decide to watch it. It's a win-win situation.

What a silly reason to quit.

Well the movie just might be bad but im still gonna give it a try, nor will i quit playing the game if its bad , i didnt quit playing mortal kombat cuze the second movie sucked.

Why would making a movie force you to quit the game? Also, is it just me or is this poll 90 percent biased?

your poll is very loaded in its options.

its either yes i am quitting, no I am not quitting but I am thinking of doing so or undecided but may quit in the future?

it should be

Yes - unhappy
    No - but unhappy with the movie
    No - I like the idea of the movie

etc etc give real options not the same one 3 times with slightly different spin.

for the record, I have been waiting for a wow movie for a long time

Deleted
    The poll is totally one sided, I don't see an option for 'No, I'm not quitting because of the movie.'

Who knows what the state of the game will be in 2015 when the movie is scheduled to be released. Not sure even if I will still be subbed as after playing since 2005, this expansion is seriously burning me out.
    I do think that the movie should have come out around the WoLK time period and could have detailed the life of Arthas and his impact on the factions/races. That would have been timely and presented an epic movie experience.
    Not sure where they would even go with the story line at this point.
    I guess we wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    Hi everyone,

im sure i'm not alone when I say im very dissapointed in the announcement of the wow movie.

I'm not sure how this could actually be GOOD, blizzard missed their opportunity for it back when the game was popular in 2007.

it will probably be written really badly with storyline that will filter into the game and make it even worse than the storyline currently is IMHO. i dont really have any faith after cataclysm and all the crappy stuff with thrall having babies (its WARcraft not SETTLEDOWNANDHAVEAFAMILYcraft)

who else is seriously thinking of quitting to send blizzard a message on this issue?
    In what way will the movie have an effect on your gameplay?

And then: "it will be probably written badly".. wow what a stupid assumption is this.

Even if it is the worst movie ever... it still won't affect your game.

news of a movie released almost a decade ago.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    This poll doesn't seem biased at all /sarcasm
    I don't see how a movie could influence your decision to quit the game, as the only way they're related is the setting (possibly, I don't know much about the movie or what it'll entail). But, to each their own I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Crap... talk about a biased poll.

You should have been honest and just said:

I'm looking for a silly reason to quit the game:

1. the movie is bad
    2. the movie is good
    3. bah, i may just quit anyway.

What on earth has the movie got to do with playing the game???
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-01-31 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    Idiocy of some WoW players amuses me.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol.... This thread is going places... Without doubt the dumbest reason to quit a game..
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    i think that u r the only one. That said, no real gamer would even care about wow movie, story in those have to be meet the std of a movie, keeping viewer in interest. There r already tons of books and novels about wow, how many ppl care about them? 10% of players or less? Movie is just another story, like a book, doubt it would have much impact on the game.

i heard that quitters quit at 1st chance they have, even if its trivial. Even the "i hate dailies" would have been less trivial then this. Not to mention that ur nick says u r into space movies/games more then fantasy, so do u even play wow or r u just trolling?

10+ Year Old Account
    who the hell cares

the movie is probably going to be shit anyway

and disney is going to sue them

Why the hell would you quit because of a movie??? the movie has NO IMPACT on the game at all. You think it looks crap? cool. DON'T WATCH IT. But to quit the game because you think the movie is going to be crap? that's... beyond stupid. Just quit because you're tired of the game. Don't use some pathetic excuse like "ohh they are making a potentially crappy movie. I must stop playing out of protest"

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

I have a million questions, but let's keep it simple.

1. If you are so disappointed in everything since Cataclysm, why are you still playing?
    2. Because they didn't make the movie back in 2007 when they first talked about it, it will now automatically be bad? How do you get to that conclusion?

I'm sure you're not alone, but I don't think it will be a big impact if all 5 of you quit wow...

This poll is so biased, where is the option "i think the movie is awesome"

Im really looking forward to this, i just dont understand why people would be against it.

Its not taking away resources from the WoW devellopment team anyway, if you dont like it, dont go and see it.

How is unsubbing a message of discontent of a WoW movie being made.

Your assumption that the story willbe bad is based on what ? If they make the movie about the wc3 game or the current game, im still really going to like it.

Deleted
    Poll is biased crap, learn to make a correct poll or dont make one at all, thats ridicolous.

You don't know how this movie will be, stop making assumptions and be patient, no I won't quit because of it. And I dare say, everyone who does is an idiot in the first place.

You act like this fuckin movie is changing your game experience. downright hilarious.