Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Dunno why you don't lock this thread tbh, it pretty much consists of two groups: those that think NQ deserve a ban for their behavior and those that think it's Trions fault and are accusing the former of white knighting for Trion, despite no evidence what so ever. I could measure the usefulness and respect of this thread in a thimble.
    Well, then there is me who simply thinks they need to have achieves and gear removed and not be allowed shard firsts for this particular raid anymore. I do still think that a ban, while within Trion's rights, is merely going to give them more of the attention that they are trying to garner through these actions and would simply be counter productive. They did exploit, they were in the wrong, they more than likely knew they were but Trion does have some blame here as well. Yes, 3 wrongs make even less of a right than 2, and a ban would be a little heavy handed IMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I may get in trouble for this, but I ask again, who is not accepting Trion made a mistake. They did. They clearly did and have basically admitted as much. The thing is, when someone makes a mistake, someone else taking advantage of it is plain wrong.

I do not see any of the people saying the guild should be punished, with varying degrees of punishment ranging from perma-bans to simply taking away rewards achieved in this manner, saying Trion did not make a mistake. Just people saying that while Trion did in fact make a mistake, NQ took advantage of the mistake in an inappropriate way.
    So far the only thing Trion has said is if it looks like an exploit, it probably is which would infer they believe it be an exploit. That's a clear indication that they believe the player was purely at fault.

Now if they said this was clearly not intended to work this way and will be fixed. That would indicate that they aren't happy with what happened but they admit fault and will prevent it in the future. It's about the context of their wording.

If you take the time to read the whole thread again (I wouldn't bother though) you'll see people calling for NQ's heads, bans, suspensions, etc. After reading this gargantuan thread I can agree the Matriach exploit is a suspendable offense, but the Regulos kill is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    There was no external testing of Regulos, so that wouldn't have been reported, and there are plenty of other Alpha testers confirming they saw NQ members in Alpha, so.... you're wrong on both counts.
    Incorrect on that. I was in a guild (not my current guild) that tested FT and EE (specifically Reg.) There were other guilds that tested Regulos. Also the person you replied to has been in NQ for quite some time.
    Rift Scene - Still the best Rift fansite.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcaek View Post
    Incorrect on that. I was in a guild (not my current guild) that tested FT and EE (specifically Reg.) There were other guilds that tested Regulos. Also the person you replied to has been in NQ for quite some time.
    *looks at guild tag, disregards everything said*

And it looks like we're talking in circles now, so I'm closing this down.