Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If Thrall has something to do with Siege of Org, will Rexxar help?

At the end of the bonus campaign on WC3FT, Rexxar tells Thrall before he leaves "I'll always be here if you need me at anytime". Something along those words.

I haven't heard anyone mention Rexxar, and maybe he'll finally do something in the game besides stand on a little hill with Misha.

What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so. I'd like to see Rexxar have a bigger role in WoW.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh they'll need to re-introduce his lore a bit. Most people playing WoW don't even know who he is, and he hasn't done anything really since TBC (except the Cata world event).

Deleted
    I think rexxar will take up the demanding and challenging role of stable master in the next xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    rexxar = tirion fordring 2.0, he will "assemble" great heros who he thinks are worthy to face down young hellscream, and at the end of teh battle will break free from some kind of trap effect and smite the bastard with a well placed bonk on the head, or something along those lines i suspect.

Deleted
    I think he'd be a welcome ally to the horde. The little I know about rexxar he sounds like one hell of an orc/ogre and the way most are expecting the next expansion to go (with the burning legion being involved in some way) it would give cause for him to stick around after the siege of orgrimmar and seems the most likely of scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    rexxar = tirion fordring 2.0, he will "assemble" great heros who he thinks are worthy to face down young hellscream, and at the end of teh battle will break free from some kind of trap effect and smite the bastard with a well placed bonk on the head, or something along those lines i suspect.
    Would love to see this.

But truthfully I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remains to be seen.

however, given how much blizzard has changes of our beloved warchief heroes in the last 7 years, I have massive doubts about Rexxar appearing. I mean people wanted Saurfang to show, but he's had nothing going on since wrath. To thrust such lore characters suddenly into the story without any lead up would just mean there expendable characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Remains to be seen.

however, given how much blizzard has changes of our beloved warchief heroes in the last 7 years, I have massive doubts about Rexxar appearing. I mean people wanted Saurfang to show, but he's had nothing going on since wrath. To thrust such lore characters suddenly into the story without any lead up would just mean there expendable characters.
    Ya, it's unfortunate. Rexxar is one of my favorite characters and they just left him to rot in WoW.

That's why I'm crossing my fingers for this to happen, highly doubtful though.

Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    Ya, it's unfortunate. Rexxar is one of my favorite characters and they just left him to rot in WoW.

That's why I'm crossing my fingers for this to happen, highly doubtful though.
    Rexxar is bad-ass and I love him as much as the next person on here...

But there's so much fawning over him here on the boards that I'm considering changing my opinion on him just to play devil's advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Rexxar is bad-ass and I love him as much as the next person on here...

But there's so much fawning over him here on the boards that I'm considering changing my opinion on him just to play devil's advocate.
    Don't you dare.

Has rexxar even had any sort of role in WoW at all?

I ask cause I've been alliance ever since I started playing so I have no clue about the story on the other side.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Has rexxar even had any sort of role in WoW at all?

I ask cause I've been alliance ever since I started playing so I have no clue about the story on the other side.
    Hes just a questgiver

10+ Year Old Account
    With the amount of people calling for sourfang to have a bigger place in the story of the horde (which face it is more people then people that want Rexxar) and blizzard not hinting at doing anything with him at all. Then I don't expect to ever seen Rexxar do anything again. In fact I bet they remove him from outlands when they revamp it.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Hope Rexxar does as being Champion of the Horde seems to be an easy as hell job.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Hes just a questgiver
    Well that kinda sucks for such an awesome character.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    I hope Rexxar does help, Garrosh that is! Would love to see him as a raid boss.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    Hope Rexxar does as being Champion of the Horde seems to be an easy as hell job.
    [Insert reference to "Hollywood" Hogan during the nWo era of pro wrestling here.]

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Hes just a questgiver
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Well that kinda sucks for such an awesome character.
    in my opinion, he was more than just a questgiver. for the people who started playing wow when it was released, he was THE idol for all of the orc warrior/hunter players, and a strong and cool ally to the horde. his lore was woven into questlines quite nicely, even if i wished they'd given him more "lore space".

this wiki entry summarizes most of the lore behind rexxar: http://www.wowwiki.com/Rexxar

it's worth a read! :-)

on topic:
    i hope we will see rexxar being involved into the fate of azeroth again!
    Last edited by brirrspliff; 2013-02-02 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We still have lots to go, so its possible.