[Guardian] T14 4P bonus worthless?

My bear tank told me the T14 4P bonus is worthless and he's not going to use it because the stats from the two 496 crafted pieces (chest/hands) outweigh the benefits of the 4P bonus (2 pieces he has are normal tier, the other two would be 483 LFR pieces).

I find this hard to believe and I've looked and looked, but could not find any threads or theorycrafting which supports his statement. I would think if something as big as his claims are true then there would be droves of bears complaining that the 4P is unusable, but yet I see no complaint threads.

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Your bear tank is bad and should feel bad. The answer starts on page 5 of the Guardian tanking sticky at the top of this forum.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...al-Guide/page5

That said, what type of progression is your raid facing?

Is your bear tank using an RPS build or an avoidance build?
    Last edited by Kioga; 2013-01-31 at 04:44 PM.

druid-t14-guardian-4p-bonus
    I'm afraid your bear tank is incorrect and the 4p is definately worth using (even with 2x483 LFR pieces, 2x496 Pieces).

All stats are roughly equal imo, so i dont see what hes trying to hint at, but the 4piece guardian bonus is beyond amazing. 5% more dodge on savage defense means youll go from 60% dodge to 65% dodge, so going from 40% of hits taken to 35% of hits taken means you take 12.5% less hits. Gets more amazing the more dodge you have too.. Also its helpful to have more frenzied regen healing.

I am looking at it exactly the same way as you have all described. I couldn't fathom what he was referring to unless it was the FR glyph not working well with the 4P bonus? But that is even a stretch.

We're 16/16N, 1/16H but most of our battle res' are used on him and I couldn't nail down if it was a healer issue or a tank issue. He doesn't use Savage Defense much at all for most fights (10% uptime on Windlord is the most I've seen if he even uses it) and I can hardly find any logs where he used FR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMetatron View Post
    I am looking at it exactly the same way as you have all described. I couldn't fathom what he was referring to unless it was the FR glyph not working well with the 4P bonus? But that is even a stretch.

We're 16/16N, 1/16H but most of our battle res' are used on him and I couldn't nail down if it was a healer issue or a tank issue. He doesn't use Savage Defense much at all for most fights and I can hardly find any logs where he used FR.
    That last sentence is depressing a bit, lol. Bears can do (and should be dang it) a ton of self healing with FR and Savage Defense should be kept up as well. Granted, some fights favor one over the other but generally speaking both should be used a lot. You keep having to rez him because he's not using some of the most important tools in his kit to stay alive.

We're 16/16N, 1/16H but most of our battle res' are used on him and I couldn't nail down if it was a healer issue or a tank issue. He doesn't use Savage Defense much at all for most fights (10% uptime on Windlord is the most I've seen if he even uses it) and I can hardly find any logs where he used FR.
    100% Guarantee you that almost any tank death, is a tank issue in some way or another.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    Your bear tank is bad and should feel bad. The answer starts on page 5 of the Guardian tanking sticky at the top of this forum.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...al-Guide/page5

That said, what type of progression is your raid facing?

Is your bear tank using an RPS build or an avoidance build?
    His build is - Gem Stamina, Reforge all to Haste > Crit. Is that RPS?
    Last edited by DarthMetatron; 2013-01-31 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMetatron View Post
    ---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 01:57 PM ----------
    His build is - Gem Stamina, Reforge all to Haste > Crit. Is that RPS?
    From what I've read about your tank, he doesn't know how to play his class very well and he should be encouraged to read up on guides and such or replace him imo.

MMO-Champion guide: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Survival-Guide

Savage defense should be spammed the hell out of it in most cases... ESPECIALLY on windlord, get him to read a guardian guide, the one stickied at the top of this druid forum works.

t14 4piece ist really worth it having 42 seconds 60% or 65% dodge is a huge difference. And haste is the worst stat for RPS build

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    t14 4piece ist really worth it having 42 seconds 60% or 65% dodge is a huge difference. And haste is the worst stat for RPS build
    Technically mastery is worse than haste for generating rage, since it does not help you generate reage at all :P

But OP, would you mind posting a log, or just his armory? Really sounds like he is doing something terribly wrong, if what you are saying is true, I am amazed you even managed to kill a heroic boss with him tanking!

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    And haste is the worst stat for RPS build
    Incorrect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste beats Crit for generating rage after a certain crit lvl. Can't remember what the crit lvl is.

As for the 4p bonus, no, its not worthless. Its equivalent to a bit over 3% dodge over an entire fight, or 5% more "burst" dodge if you are counting whenever you have SD up. So, on a fight with nothing but dodgable damage, its a 3% less damage taken decrease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Haste beats Crit for generating rage after a certain crit lvl. Can't remember what the crit lvl is.
    79% on your character sheet (aka 76% vs bosses).

Although if you stack all Crit and no haste they'll get close as well. But nobody does that anyway so nothing to worry about there.