Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What is your favorite Arthas ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wut?

Well I guess if he does appear in the movie we could toss in just any generic tall blonde dude and it would do.

Hell, even Ashton Kutcher could probably be Arthas, such a bland character...

Chris Hemsworth would be a great Arthas, he's already a great Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Hell, even Ashton Kutcher could probably be Arthas, such a bland character...
    Arthas is only the most interesting Warcraft character, thats all..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

That's like, your opinion, dude.

Imho, he was just some angry kid that got a toy and then got angrier. Shallow character development with little motivation, no surprising twists and died leaving a bunch of loose ends (Sylvanas or Mal'Ganis didn't get their revenge, Jaina didn't get to confront him, Muradin or Saurfang didn't get to see him after all that Lootship nonsense etc).

I honestly hope the movie isn't about him.

Chris Hemsworth if anything, though I doubt and hope it won't be about Arthas, we're done with his story by now.

Meh! Both actors are too old.

Arthas should really be a lot younger, early 20s ish imo. Part of the character is that he is still very young, not really seen battle and got something to prove.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Meh! Both actors are too old.

Arthas should really be a lot younger, early 20s ish imo. Part of the character is that he is still very young, not really seen battle and got something to prove.
    Chris Hemsworth would be perfect imo. And having an actor in his early 20s play Arthas would just be wierd, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    Chris Hemsworth would be perfect imo. And having an actor in his early 20s play Arthas would just be wierd, imo.
    Why he was just a kid himself.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Not even remotely close. He's basically Anakin Skywalker with a dash of King Arthur-Gone-Evil and a pinch of generic Dark Lord ala Sauron.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Its a snowball's chance in Hell any of these guys would resign themselves to a Video Game based movie, but...

Chris Helmsworth. (AKA Thor)

While its true Arthas began as a bland heroic and out-to-prove-himself "Once a future King" Paladin. Even had a male role model that was twice as "Wholesome" as he was. He was also cocky, arrogant and liked to take matters into his own hands. That my friends is the same character bio as the Thor from the Marvel movie.

Now picture a character like Thor in Stratholme watching families be burned alive locked inside their homes never knowing what they did to deserve it. Imagine his face twisted with rage toward Mal'ganis for making him do this to his people and the look of betrayal on their faces for their knight in shining armor commiting mass murder. Now picture Thor fully taken by Obsession, Hate, and disregard for any of his failed lessons of nobility, honor and loyalty standing above his loving father Terenas right before he "succeeded" him.

The rise and fall from hero to villian needs a character like Chris Helmsworth to give a powerful performance from the good Arthas to the Lich King. If he's good enough to Wield Mjolnir he good enough to wield Frostmourne.

They can either go and show the whole WARCRAFT Universe in few parts ( Trilogy) and show us all that wow has to offer till now or they could just concentrate on one person and narrates the story of this young prince
    Personally i'd love to watch Arthas's story and see how connected it is to Warcraft universe but hey that's a long shot , in fact , lots of people would love to see Illidan and that war of the ancient thing
    Good thing Arthas had some business with Illidan so no matter the outcome, we may get to see Arthas ^^
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, too bad they ruined the character at the end of TFT and in WotLK.

That is something to be proud of?

Visually speaking, the second guy is more of an Arthas.

It'd be funny if Chris Hemsworth was cast as Muradin XD

Deleted
    No, it'll just be an one-sided movie focused on Humans in their fight against Orcs. Probably set up right befor the first war.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 07:08 PM ----------

Yeah... no.

Sylvannas is more interesting. But you probably couldnt tell her story without Arthas.

Deleted
    Is it confirmed the movie is going to be about Arthas? In that case I have missed something.

Anyway, I think both actors are too old to be Arthas. Arthas was barely an adult. Of course, some make up could get them very close, but there are probably better choices out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    That's like, your opinion, dude.

Imho, he was just some angry kid that got a toy and then got angrier. Shallow character development with little motivation, no surprising twists and died leaving a bunch of loose ends (Sylvanas or Mal'Ganis didn't get their revenge, Jaina didn't get to confront him, Muradin or Saurfang didn't get to see him after all that Lootship nonsense etc).

I honestly hope the movie isn't about him.
    And this is like, your opinion, dude. I personally like a story with loose ends. I have this thing called an imagination and loose ends allow for it to run rampant.

On-Topic:
    If Arthas is in the movie, Hemsworth would be a great Arthas.

15+ Year Old Account
    None of those pictures on Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's IMDB page really show why he'd make a good Arthas (him dressed as Jaime Lannister). Not sure he'd make a great Arthas, but he'd be a million times better than Hemsworth.

Deleted
    Connan Farrell in Alexander would've been a great Arthas. :P