Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Long hair dark flowing hair, and a beard to match my manly Physique! *cough cough* But yeah.. I has facial growth! No moustache though, They make me look like a French rapist.

Deleted
    Damn right I do.
    I've gone through pretty much every variation, but full beard is still my favourite. Oh and I don't consider that five o' clock shadow that's apparently "hip" to be a beard, it's a stubble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Also with the question of have you grown a beard or mustache, the next question is, have you shaved using a safety razor before? Good manly stuff there.
    I've only grown a beard/mustache because I was too lazy to shave. I've never done it on purpose because I don't like how it looks and feels. I'm fine with stubble though, but maybe that's because I wouldn't want to shave every day. And I can't, because if I do that I really cut myself easily.

And yeah, I shave with razors all the time. Disposable ones though, and strangely enough I can use them for months and months without noticing any problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    And yeah, I shave with razors all the time. Disposable ones though, and strangely enough I can use them for months and months without noticing any problems.
    It's all up to the what sort of hair you shave, the coarser your beard, the sharper blade it takes to cut it down, and the faster it deteriorates the blade.

I had a trimmed/clean look beard thing for about two years, every time I tried to let my beard grow out it just got so damn itchy (seen many others have the same problem here). However, about 2 months ago I just bit the bullet, said this time I don't care and I want a beard at the very least just to try and see how it fits me.

So now two months down the line... no more itching! It went away about a month in or something, itching doesn't help so just leave it if you have the willpower, wash it regularly (just use normal shampoo or whatever) and it helps, did for me at least. Now I'm keeping it down to about about 0.7-1cm, but keeping the mussie shorter for the GF who feels like it attacks her otherwise xD

The GF loves the beard! I had considered shaving it off but I don't mind it, think I need some 'clippers' to keep it trimmed without taking too much time but otherwise I've had no problems with it. If you want a beard, go for it, if it itches, wait it out ladies it goes away after a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navoan View Post
    The GF loves the beard! I had considered shaving it off but I don't mind it, think I need some 'clippers' to keep it trimmed without taking too much time but otherwise I've had no problems with it. If you want a beard, go for it, if it itches, wait it out ladies it goes away after a while.
    I've found about 5cm bladed thin straight extremely sharp scissors to be the best trimming tool, highly recommend.
    And yea the itching goes away after about 0,5cm for me personally.

I always have a "beard" that looks about 2 weeks old (so it's more like stubble extreme), keep it nicely trimmed all the time, suits my face ^^
    I can't imagine not having a beard :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I've have a full beard and mustache for a few years now. I'm always undecided about keeping the mustache though, the GF likes it but since I have a scar on my upper lip near the middle so it looks a little strange from up close.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

I don't know if there's even a name for my beard. A well-trimmed line running along the jawline from chin-to-ear. Although the level of trimming kinda varies. Sometimes it's a neat line, sometimes it's more along the lines of.. dunno, Adam Jensen from Deus Ex.

Anyway I like it and have been sporting it ever since I got out of military.

Chinstrap! I actually found a name.

Also apparently the first google hit for "Chinstrap" is "Facial hairstyle don'ts". That makes me feel all sorts of good.

Deleted
    For about 6 years I've had at least a beard, on my wedding day I was told I looked like a highwayman...

I keep 1 because I don't have much of a chin feature wise and I have bushy eyebrows so it evens out

Deleted

This was taken Dec 2012. Not shaved since and am enjoying the beard especially on these windy days ^_^

Facial hair is lame. I shave 1-2 times a day.

Deleted
    Yes I used to have beard and mustache but I grew up and got rid of them (work related reason).

10+ Year Old Account
    I have in the past. I try to get away with a short (but defined) "chinstrap" at work but alas we are not allowed to have facial hair at my hotel.

Beards are for homeless people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawew View Post
    Yes I used to have beard and mustache but I grew up and got rid of them (work related reason).
    I think you're confusing "growing up" with "giving up". In the civilized world you can have a beard in any position.

Deleted
    I don't really shave with a razor unless it's something special. Otherwise I just use a machine so at "best" I have like a 2-3 day beard / mustache. And I usually only trim my facial hair once every 2-3 weeks, unless it's required to be done more often by someone else. So it usually varies between 2-3 mm and 2-3 cm.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    I think you're confusing "growing up" with "giving up". In the civilized world you can have a beard in any position.
    Usually if you work within something that has to do with food you either need to have it very wellgroomed or not have one at all, hair in the food is baaad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    Usually if you work within something that has to do with food you either need to have it very wellgroomed or not have one at all, hair in the food is baaad.
    Surgical mask ftw :P Been there, done that. But that's in the processing line, understandably waiters for example need to be shortgroomed at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    Aren't there like beard nets or something available.

full beard for almost three years, loud and proud!