Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Men: Have you grown a beard or mustache?

I grew a full on beard for November, and I had a beard growing for the Diableard challenge, but when I realized the developers of Diablo 3 were idiots and took a lot longer to give us the game, i quickly shaved it off.

Also with the question of have you grown a beard or mustache, the next question is, have you shaved using a safety razor before? Good manly stuff there.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I grew a full on beard for November, and I had a beard growing for the Diableard challenge, but when I realized the developers of Diablo 3 were idiots and took a lot longer to give us the game, i quickly shaved it off.

Also with the question of have you grown a beard or mustache, the next question is, have you shaved using a safety razor before? Good manly stuff there.
    Almost wrote a whole line before spewing bias and anger.... O well, getting closer I guess....

To answer you question; Yes.

Currently rocking a Scott Ian'esque goattee.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I have grown my face hairs out for Movember, but most of the time I use a safety razor because the cartridge razors are way too expensive and electrics dont work that well. Specifically I use a Merkur Model 180 and Merkur platinum blades which can be found for as little as five cents when purchased in bulk.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2013-01-31 at 05:43 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Yes. I've been maintaining a full beard for about 6 months now. It's not huge/long or anything. I purposefully keep it about ~6-7mm (with a bit more grooming for the mustache so it doesn't stab my wife as much when I kiss her).

Deleted
    Yes I grow a santa beard for Christmas every year, then after Christmas I shave it off and let it grow back for next Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I not shaved off my goattee and mustache since I started military service about 8 years ago (because it's easier to maintain a clean goattee/mustache than shaving everything everyday). Growing it to a full beard if I'm not working a few days, but only because I'm too lazy to shave then and it doesn't look horrible.

I grew a beard for Nov. in the senior year of high school. Since my facial hair grows at an unprecedented rate, but the end of the month it was about 1 cm long and I was getting stared at in the hallways.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was able to maintain a beard from April 2001 until last summer, when my luck with jobs that tolerate beards ran out and had to get rid of it. If I ever end up somewhere that doesn't care again, it'll come back.

I've done a mustache, and a goatee, currently clean-shaven. I have yet to try a full beard however, it just seems uncomfortable. My face gets ichy enough as it is when I dont shave for a week or so.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Yeah, before Christmas I had an OK goatee and mustache. I wanted to go with just the mustache so I shaved the goatee. HORRIBLE mistake. I looked like a child molester so I quickly shaved the mustache. Now I am in the process of growing them both back together.

Neither one is really good on me. Not really think and the hair is pretty pail so it's kind of hard to see. If I COULD grow a full beard I would do it in a heartbeat.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Mustache is where it's at. You'll creep out a LOT of people which is quite fun. They double take at you like "wow is he serious." Still want to experiment with a safety blade.. I hate the razors from the stores. I literally get ONE use out of them. Even then, they still cause razor bumps sometimes if I'm not super-vigilant about exfoliating. Just unlucky I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by gneugen View Post
    Mustache is where it's at. You'll creep out a LOT of people which is quite fun. They double take at you like "wow is he serious." Still want to experiment with a safety blade.. I hate the razors from the stores. I literally get ONE use out of them. Even then, they still cause razor bumps sometimes if I'm not super-vigilant about exfoliating. Just unlucky I guess.
    If you really want looks, don't shave for about a week, and then shave only one side of your face.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. I love my beard.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I grew a full beard while I was playing football in high school. Just one of those things you do (the guys said it made me look scary).

Never again. I hate all that facial hair. Scratchy and messy. I just do the goatee now, and I keep that fairly trimmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never go for the full beard or mustache. I rock the 5 o'clock shadow look intentionally lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, full beard. You'll want a nice thick insulating beard too when the windchill is dropping below -40.

I hate shaving. Fucking. Hate. It.
    Unfortunately for me, though, it gets itchy. And I hate that also. So, 90% of the year I have a good amount of facial hair. Usually a full beard. Even in the summer time. Never used a safety razor. How does it compare, in terms of quality shaving experience, to a disposable? I can't use electric shavers...it's got to be a blade for me.

Deleted
    I haven't reached the stage where I have facial hair that grows out fully or evenly, instead I tend to develop a large moustache and a goatee, and bumfluff everywhere else. It looks ridiculous.

I'm always sporting a mustache and a beard.

I shave myself once a week. So I have a "little" beard(it really grows up fast for me).

I didn't shave one time for 3 weeks and then I had a problem with my razor, my beard was too big.