Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Why do people hate MoP?

So as the title says there are plenty of people whining over mop and saying that they quitted wow just because of mop.
    To be honest mop is so far best wow expansion,you've got something to do all the time,art design of panderia is outstanding,raid bosses are actually hard even on raid finder difficulty and so many other things that makes mop awesome!
    so where does all the hate come from? why do people keep bashing mop?
    p.s:before haters start asking,no i'm not being sarcastic

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Comes from the innate need people have to find something wrong with something new.

Deleted
    I love MoP. Sure, the amount of dailies could be annoying sometimes, but I'm happy to do it since the rewards are great in my opinion. Then there's the raid; despite the fact that I've only done them on LFR difficulty, I think they're great. Haven't experienced that quality of design since T11.
    The zones are amazing aswell. Oh my god, I feel like it's wotlk all over again; Getting amazed by the nature is best feeling I can get in wow.

because the forums are the place were complainers come to complain

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP being a piece of horrid shit at the moment is my major complaint otherwise I like MoP.
    Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn

Deleted
    Of all the crying I've heard, it's mostly about:

Pandaren
    dalies
    LFR too hard...
    did I mention dalies yet?

Honestly, people kept complaining in Cata that there was too little to do and it just chatered to "elites".
    Now that there finally IS more to do for EVERYBODY, people are complaining that it's TOO MUCH.
    But mostly because after 4 years of wotlk and Cata, they can't get off rep tabards design; since most of the rep can now only be gained from dalies (which they will fix in comming patch anyway with LFG), people have just become too lazy to put some effort in their work.

They should just as well make the game play by itself for them.
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2013-01-31 at 06:52 PM.

I personally agree with you.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it.

Hell if most of the whiny bitches could differentiate between why THEY play a game and why OTHERS play the game, I think we might find more people actually enjoy playing than they themselves realize.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I don't hate MOP. I think its a damn good improvement over cata. My biggest complaint has to do with what cata did to wow overall. I essentially lost my guild and my friends found other things to do while cata was going on. I quit for 6 months. I came back and tried MoP and found I like the changes. I am enjoying the story and the daily grind was irritating but not game breaking. But I also had to server change to find an active population. I had to guild hop to find someplace that I fit in, and now 6 months later, I am in a comfortable spot. The rep grinding is done, I have a guild, and I am basically doing what I like to do in game.

The bashing comes from those who aren't going to satisfied with the game in what ever form its in. Its too easy or too hard, it takes too long or its too short, it has easy bosses or hard bosses. In the end haters hate. Players play. Haters don't play, and players don't hate.

I think it's just a function of people not being able to admit that they're just done with WoW. Personally, the move from 25 to 10 killed our guild in Cataclysm and I never was able to feel enthusiastic about it again, but I think Blizzard did a great job with Mists.

Essentially, if I'm not happy then nobody gets to be happy. :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedTerror View Post
    PvP being a piece of horrid shit at the moment is my major complaint otherwise I like MoP.
    Agreed, its Hard out here for a pimp Especially a Pimp Warlock ; ;

Do we really need another one of these topics? Just go look on any post where someone is bitching and you will figure out why some people hate mop and its only some people. By saying why do people hate mop you are asserting that we all hate mop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're begging the question. Certainly there are people unhappy with this expansion, as there are people who are unhappy with every expansion.

I think the feedback has been largely positive, though.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson View Post
    I think it's just a function of people not being able to admit that they're just done with WoW. Personally, the move from 25 to 10 killed our guild in Cataclysm and I never was able to feel enthusiastic about it again, but I think Blizzard did a great job with Mists.

Essentially, if I'm not happy then nobody gets to be happy. :P
    Head hits nail. Some people are playing wow who are done with wow. Mentally they want to move on, but can't find it within themselves to get up from the computer and find some other game to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Woeful View Post
    I don't hate MOP. I think its a damn good improvement over cata. My biggest complaint has to do with what cata did to wow overall. I essentially lost my guild and my friends found other things to do while cata was going on. I quit for 6 months. I came back and tried MoP and found I like the changes. I am enjoying the story and the daily grind was irritating but not game breaking. But I also had to server change to find an active population. I had to guild hop to find someplace that I fit in, and now 6 months later, I am in a comfortable spot. The rep grinding is done, I have a guild, and I am basically doing what I like to do in game.

The bashing comes from those who aren't going to satisfied with the game in what ever form its in. Its too easy or too hard, it takes too long or its too short, it has easy bosses or hard bosses. In the end haters hate. Players play. Haters don't play, and players don't hate.
    This is similar for me. I didn't lose my guild, but I lost my server. MoP is great, the ghost town that my server became in Cata is not.

People hate mop. Mostly cause of pvp i reckon. Gear gap is insane, gameplay is retarded... If u have been "endgame" rated, u know what im talking about...
    Ive done close to 0 pve in cata-mop so far. so this game for me is just about PVP.
    And well blizzard makes constant bad choices in that regard. Hense so many people hate it.
    Fx. Adding baseline resilience, then adding pvp power that completely nullified it?...
    People getting to many Conquest points, Np add gear upgrade to both honor and conquest...
    Np with the 2 billion bots thats been coming since mop.
    Atleast thats my take on it.

As a player who quit in start cataclysm and tried out mop abit while it was free.
    LFR (this was a cata problem and was a shitty concept)
    For pvp I feel like it peaked in bc and after that took a kick to the nuts with each expansion where it almost recovered before the next expansion.
    10man and 25man raids being the same (yet again cataclysm problem)
    pandas (never been a huge lore fan but this is where I draw the line on my rpgs atleast go and do somth unique instead of taking a real world animal and turn it dirrectly into a race)
    pet battles (at first when I hated on it I was joking but after trying it I was amazed HOW MUCH of a rip off of pokemon it was. Wow isn't facebook there don't need to be minigames in it)
    And beside that I think the overarcing problem is the game is old and need a fresh start. Been so many good things that was in the game but got removed and they can't revert. Not saying there aren't new good things but the game is old and it's really starting to show

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not as in to WoW as I used to be, but MoP > Cata any day

Pacing is bad. It's slow and grindy and boring as hell. Question is do you really need threads like this? Theirs plenty of critical threads already existing. My suspicion is that this thread is in reality just a veiled attempt to chearlead the game. I'll put it this way. If you guys were that sure of how awesome MoP was, you wouldn't need to ask why we hated it. It wouldn't matter one bit. Me thinks the lady doth protest to much...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    Agreed, its Hard out here for a pimp Especially a Pimp Warlock ; ;
    Try being a pimp Rogue ;3
    Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn