Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    Except now you no longer need to grind the original reps. At most you'll only need to grind 1 or 2 reps with each patch and you'll have weeks and weeks and weeks to complete them.

If you still want the reps from the original factions for the mounts then suck it up and work for it, however remember that you have at least another year to work on those reps, so likely you could use the new system and still have all reps at exalted long before we get a new expansion.
    Again, it doesnt fix anything.

People will always choose the path of less resistance, this is a proven fact in WoW, even if that path invovles doing something they dont like.

Giving this stupid amount of rep to only one faction wouldnt mean anything and wont fix a thing. In order to make a real alternative, you need to get close to the amount of rep you get in dailies in closely the same time.

About having all the reps before we get the new expansion, that is debatable, since the only thing Blizzard has launch every patch in World of Dailycraft are dailies and rep up untill now. So you probably cant reach exalted with all of them with this new system (some of them need 42k of rep to exalted since they start at neutral, at 750 a week is a long journey, and with new ones added every patch...).

And it doesnt change the fact that daileis still give you an obsene amount of gold, charms that give you double loot on the 3 bosses you choose to and access to other things (like JC pets) that are not tied to rep but are tied to dailies.

Its an insult to the oens asking for alternatives to this daily crap. The problem is that daileis are cheap content, and if Blizzard can keep fools happy with cheap content, they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    To be honest mop is so far best wow expansion,you've got something to do all the time
    right... the big wow problem solved!god bless dailies. You know I also have something to do all the time, but not wow dailies...I play some other games instead, go out with friends e.t.c. If nowdays the best gaming expansion is something that eat player's gametime with dailies then I am afraid my time in MMOs are going to an end..

You know, back then we always had something to do and we didn't had dailies or daily controled content...but of course this is the big difference between a themepark and a sandbox MMO. Themeparks are aimed for people who need to be told what to do in game every second or else they stay stunned and don't know what to do while sandbox is aimed for people who always "chose" to do something they find interest (with no need to reward some shiny epics).
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

I think some people dislike panda because when they asked for more content, they actually had the audacity to hope for more content. But, Blizzard was not going to magically hire several more teams of people to make more dungeons and raids than normal however. So instead they just created the "same" amount of content, but halved the rate at which you gain justice points and valors. So now you get to run the same content as before, but twice as much as before, thus keeping you busy longer.

Players wanted more content, but Blizzard was already cranking out content at full capacity with the manpower they had. So they just upped the grind instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    dailies were a bit annoying but i'm pleased with the rest, having a lot of fun in pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    You ever hear a guy complain about his love life around other male friends? Suddenly, according to them, women are all evil, backstabbing, cold hearted and manipulative. Every last one of them. Now, ask them to explain why and they look like a lost herd of cattle staring into the headlights of an oncoming vehicle. They don't have logic for you, they just need a rage target for their blind hate. They're not going to stop dating, they're just mindlessly upset.

Now, take this logic and example and apply it to MoP. They don't hate the game, they just need a target for their rage. They're not going to stop playing, hell no, they log in every day. They don't want to back up claims of failure with logic and example, hell no, they just want something to bitch about.

At this point, the complaints are getting a little weird. They don't seem to have a purpose or explanation. It's as if everyone whining was hoping that every expansion since 2006 was going to reach out of the monitor and give them a handy. Like it was just going to be the answer to all of their problems in life, game related or not. It's really creepy the way some people refer to blizzard as if they owe us a damn thing.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Hate it ... hmm dunno what to say If I hate it or not, I think it'S positif, if compare to cata

but those dailies grind ... fun factor = 0

Price- $40 for an expansion to such an old game? Nope. $15 a month for such an old game? Nuh uh.
    Character models- The older models need an overhaul. Each new expansion, you just keep seeing how aged the original models are. Covering them with armor doesn't work anymore.
    Story- I don't care about Horde vs Alliance since I know the Burning Legion and the Scourge are the main villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    You ever hear a guy complain about his love life around other male friends? Suddenly, according to them, women are all evil, backstabbing, cold hearted and manipulative. Every last one of them. Now, ask them to explain why and they look like a lost herd of cattle staring into the headlights of an oncoming vehicle. They don't have logic for you, they just need a rage target for their blind hate. They're not going to stop dating, they're just mindlessly upset.

Now, take this logic and example and apply it to MoP. They don't hate the game, they just need a target for their rage. They're not going to stop playing, hell no, they log in every day. They don't want to back up claims of failure with logic and example, hell no, they just want something to bitch about.

At this point, the complaints are getting a little weird. They don't seem to have a purpose or explanation. It's as if everyone whining was hoping that every expansion since 2006 was going to reach out of the monitor and give them a handy. Like it was just going to be the answer to all of their problems in life, game related or not. It's really creepy the way some people refer to blizzard as if they owe us a damn thing.
    You are so delusional it's insane. I quit playing WoW a few months ago, and I quit because the game is a pile of shit. Want some reasons why? No problem.

Dailies are not content. They're grinds in which to waste your time on. They should have completely revamped the daily system to something less repetitive and boring, seeing as that's their main way of giving us content now.

Art style is way overused. Everywhere you go is the same general aesthetic. In ALL of the previous expansions, every zone had a unique feel with ever-changing people and places. Making an expansion revolving around an isolated island was a bad idea.

Pandas don't fit in Warcraft. A few stray ones here and there were interesting, but the entire race is childish and, for lack of a better word, squishy.

Reputations are overabundant. There's no need for them to create several reputations with the intention of rewarding the player with a small amount of loot at the end. It's a clear-cut content gate. I know they do content gating all the time, but it was painfully obvious this time around.

Those are just a few reasons why I stopped giving Blizzard my $15 a month.

I quit sometime in mid November. My reasons were these:

1) ALTS: Got mage, lock, hpally, and priest to 90 and then felt really cornered into only playing one in order to stay raid-relevant. I don't want 4 well-geared mains, but I like being able to play alts that do not feel hopelessly behind the curve and permanently irrelevant.

2) WORLD: Pandaria does not feel like fantasy to me. It feels like Alice in Chinaland, and doesn't feel like it fits with the rest of my WoW experience.

3) BALANCE: Really tired of this Holy v. Disc tug of war. I'm tired of ham-handed fixes. I'm tired of seeing pages of theorycrafted feedback by respected priests ignored and then poorly hotfixed after long term issues go live. I'm tired of my Guardian Spirit just letting people die with no acknowledgment from Blizz. It's really ridiculous, and I wish they'd end this cycle that happens with priests every expansion.

4) CHARACTER: When I can play looking like http://tera-online.cc/gallery/highel...elf_f_h21.html, why the fuck would I tolerate looking like http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Felclot...Female.png?c=1? I mean really. The character models and the armor skins in WoW are too out of date to enjoy. At this point they range from godawful to tolerable. The only rational reason you could love how your character looks is ignorance or fanboyism. There really is no other excuse.

5) 10 VS 25: Still not happy that Blizz killed 25s and took my long-time guild with it.

1. Grinding dailies just so I can spend my valor points is a terrible design.
    2. The lesser charm loot system is not fun at all. The old loot system gave us an increased chance to get gear as time went on since less people would be rolling on pieces you needed. Plus it was an easy way to get off-spec gear. Now there is no way to get off-spec gear and the chance to get a piece of gear is exactly the same every single week. All in all this leads up to a smaller pool of raiders to fill.
    3. Dungeons leveling from 85-90 does not have nearly enough dungeons to run. For the first 2 levels there are only 2 dungeons to run. Leaving me with nothing but quest grinding. Again this leads to fewer level 90 players so fewer raiders.
    4. Quest loot rewards being bound to my spec really sucks. Having to switch specs every time I want to get an off-spec quest reward sucks.
    5. I still think raids are too difficult for new raiders. For experienced raiders they are fine. But for players new tor aiding there still a bit too difficult. Having LFR as a solution for entry level raid content sucks. During WOTLK we could bring in scrub raiders and they would have a blast while learning to raid. Easy 10-man content was soo much better than LFR. Because LFR is not raiding.

Deleted
    if you hate WoW at the moment your part of the cool kid team, and everyone wants to be on the cool kids team.

Deleted
    I believe it is because the special snowflake feeling is completely gone. People need to feel special in order to be rewarded for their efforts. The strength or power of the rewards has never been what people wanted. People want their gear/mounts/titles to be close to inaccessible by any normal player. They want these players to worship them and treat them as if they were Gods. Just like they did during vanilla/tbc and wrath. None does that anymore. Why? Because there is nothing that is inaccessible to anyone anymore.

Remember 70 twinking in Wrath? I had a full BiS geared prot warrior with 42k HP. None dared to touch me in Bg's, people begged me /paid me to come tank a dungeon for them. 80 warriors from pretty well established guilds went to ME to ask for advice on warriors and jealous people made countless threads every week in my honor just to QQ about how OP my UA/Revenge spec was and how stupid and mean I was for killing them. You got so much recognition for the extra time and effort you were willing to put down to be on top that it made the game 1000x more appealing than it really was at that time. Nowadays people don't even bother to look at my portrait because everything I have fought, farmed and bleed for is accessible to them for 0,1% of the effort I put into getting it.

There is nothing wrong with the content provided in cataclysm or MoP, only that it is too accessible to "scrubs/newbies". I'm not hating! WoW has always been a game aimed towards casuals, how it is now is how it always should have been. But once you give the hand you can't take it away.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-02-01 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halabaloo View Post
    Unfortunately alot of people just complain for the sake of complaining. It's in thier nature to do so. I'm usually one of those that mostly adapt to the changes which allows me to enjoy the new things instead of focusing on the bad thing. Try it, your experience will be better.
    Yeah, I see how that works:

"Amg archeology got implemented. Woohoo, new stuff, lets grind that!!"

Bollocks. New =/= quality.

Neither is old, btw.

I'm not a fan of the leveling zones. In fact, I don't like any leveling zones besides vanilla and TBC. Aside from the leveling zones I don't really hate that much about MoP.

There have been tons of well written explanation about why the current daily system sucks and how is a bad thing for the game. PLanty.

Except certain population that will back Blizzard up even if they give them a stone and tell them its a game will refuse to listen to them.

Many people have already quitted, others just log to raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    [...] Nowadays people don't even bother to look at my portrait because everything I have fought, farmed and bleed for is accessible to them for 0,1% of the effort I put into getting it. [...]
    That's the thing. You grind your ass off, you put a lot of effort into getting something, new patch all useless cause of reset. Your 70 twink also slowly but surely got useless with release of new expansions. People do not mind working hard for something, its when they worked hard, and other people get it for free on a silver plate. Its a reason why the grinds are silly.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 05:19 PM ----------

Yeah, really nice post, how long did it take you to come up with this grand scheme of yours which I can sum up in one sentence for ya:

"People who dislike MoP don't have solid arguments"

Your analogy is completely flawed as well. The "women" refer to "MMORPGs" or "games". If someone parted with WoW / MoP (their girlfriend) and they hate all women for no reason whatsoever (which is actually a kind of trauma, but OK) then that is much more than merely WoW / MoP (their girlfriend) alone. Its more akin to, like I said, "MMORPGs" or "games".

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like that there is no clear villain, especially with alot of them still running around.

I don't like that the person who slew 2 Old Gods, The Lich King, Deathwing and Illidan is running around running around trying to keep a farm clear of vermin for people.

I also don't like the Pandaren, it feels like they didn't quite know what to do with the next expansion so they made one based on an Easter egg of all things.

I also don't find the raids even remotely interesting lorewise, i do like where the Garrosh story line is going, but it would be atleast AS good if it was done in a differently themed expansion.

Various reasons; many dislike the art direction and believe it's too singularly inspired by Asia. Many dislike the comic relief and increased pop culture referencing found in the game and cinematic. Many feel pvp has become a terrible chore with no drive anymore, and also less balanced than ever before. Many feel the raids are boring and uninteresting. Many feel class mechanics have become overly simplified and homogenized, and that their personal choice has been lowered by new talents that only affect utility. Overall people who dislike it feel it no longer offers them what it used to and that it now appeals to a different crowd, namely younger people, more casual players and/or stupid players. As for the actual HATE people spew is sometimes out of ignorance, and sometimes out of disappointment and frustration.

There's also the fact that the RPG elements of this MMO"RPG" are dead and gone; oh and it still demands a sub fee, even though newer, more advanced MMO's do not, some willingly..some forced.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2013-02-01 at 04:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    That's the thing. You grind your ass off, you put a lot of effort into getting something, new patch all useless cause of reset. Your 70 twink also slowly but surely got useless with release of new expansions. People do not mind working hard for something, its when they worked hard, and other people get it for free on a silver plate. Its a reason why the grinds are silly.
    We don't even have the option to work hard for things anymore, lol. Well, the definition of hard is very subjective in WoW but in my opinion it's ridicolously easy to come over BiS gear, rare mounts and sought after titles. It's that ease that makes those items/titles feel less special and rewarding. I even disenchant current raid gear because the worth of the shard is greater in value than the piece I disenchanted, that says a lot of difficulty and accessibility in my opinion.

Because...
    IN WOTLK, BC and even Cata. when you travel to different zones they are completely different architecturally and culturally.
    All other expansions does not revolve around one particular race but multiple.
    No break from seeing pandas in every zone except when you meet the Klaxi, but that's just it. i reached lvl 90 at the end of KunLai Summit so i had to go through Townlong quest line to meet the Klaxxi in dread wastes
    hated the reputation grind system.
    hated the POP culture references, it seems that Blizzard couldn't come up with its own.