Thread: overpriced ?

10+ Year Old Account

overpriced ?

i decided to buy a computer for gaming. the computer shop guy built it for me.

motherboard: asrock b75-pro3
    procesor: i5 3470
    ram: 8gb (2x4) adata 2000mhz
    graphic card: asus gtx 660
    harddrive: 1 tera
    disc rom or w/e: dvd/rw
    adaptor: atx 600 watt
    system: win7 64bit
    monitor: iiyama 23.6

i paid for it 4200zl(about 1050 euro) together with the monitor, windows7 and keyboard and mouse(both i took the cheapest)
    what do u think ?

i would say you did, but i dont know about over seas pricing

Deleted
    well he did cheap out on the mobo and the cpu. (ram is actually overkill with 2000Mhz speed)
    any more details on what kind of PSU? (brand?)
    im thinking there could have been some better parts in there for that price. (also details on the hdd?)

Depends on your country, but generally speaking, that is very overpriced.

Deleted
    Dunno much about pcs, but about harddrive - what is the speed of it, you should have 7200+ but 10k would be more optional. 8gb of ram is nice for current gaming requirements, but if you want to use this pc for longer time, then more would be better, however you can always buy more easily. Adaptor 600w, this is bit risky. The more the better, i would suggest 750, cuz overloading of electricity is a bitch. About the price. The price level of hardware/software is relatively same in EU/US, but there is nothing easier then google the cheapest one in your region. The differences are big. In my country there is an e-shop which is 10-20% more expensive, but does most of sales cuz advertisement.

PS: maybe you should have asked before you bought it

Quote Originally Posted by Kvitko View Post
    Dunno much about pcs, but about harddrive - what is the speed of it, you should have 7200+ but 10k would be more optional. 8gb of ram is nice for current gaming requirements, but if you want to use this pc for longer time, then more would be better, however you can always buy more easily. Adaptor 600w, this is bit risky. The more the better, i would suggest 750, cuz overloading of electricity is a bitch. About the price. The price level of hardware/software is relatively same in EU/US, but there is nothing easier then google the cheapest one in your region. The differences are big. In my country there is an e-shop which is 10-20% more expensive, but does most of sales cuz advertisement.

PS: maybe you should have asked before you bought it
    750W PSU for a computer that use about 300W at full load?
    10k RPM drives have no place in a modern consumer computer when you can just get a SSD instead.
    8GB of RAM is more than plenty for gaming and unless most of the games all of sudden start utilizing 64bit coding then that won't change in the near future.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

i see these poSts of pre built pcs often and prices are usually high though, you are also paying for labour.
    if you can build your own its going to be cheaper and better. thinking about a thread on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's really not too bad. Considering 60-80 for labor. This system with pretty much the same specs comes out to about $900

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 01:40 PM ----------

10k would be more optional.
    wut?
    8gb of ram is nice for current gaming requirements, but if you want to use this pc for longer time, then more would be better,
    Wut?
    600w, this is bit risky. The more the better, i would suggest 750,
    WUT?!

Yeah, no. All of those suggestions would be a waste of money. You dont need a 10k drive. You dont need 16gb ram. You definitely dont need 750w.