Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I see a lot of people saying that the MBA Student is talking nonsense. But at the same time I see a lot of fan boys not explaining why he is wrong.

Also, he is pretty right when he said "many players have bought MOP with the intention of playing it for a couple of months, and as of today they have already quitted or will quit within a couple of months". Just came back to WoW in january, I'm pretty sure I'll quit again in the middle of february, when I upgrade my PC and buy better games. And I know about 5 (of 6) friends who ALREADY quit MoP
    Last edited by Drakesong; 2013-02-02 at 12:56 PM.

Funny article.
    I liked his source. Just another hater

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Well he has some credibility than vs a random person on the internet.
    uhm.. he IS a random person on the internet as well.
    And as his pic proves, he barely left adolescence. he still carries the pimples in his face from it.. And in large parts his articles reflect that still rather immature behavior.

As for the sub numbers.... Those were announced - after the Q3 report was released - by Moorhaime to be above 10 mio again.
    Might want to google it, if someone wants to find the source. I know that there was a blue post stating the 10 mio subs.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    I see a lot of people saying that the MBA Student is talking nonsense. But at the same time I see a lot of fan boys not explaining why he is wrong.
    The thread has 11 pages so far. Within those pages plenty of explanation and even proof was given as to why he's just talking out of his ass as a hater.. One doesn't need to be a fan boy to point that out. And once one person delivered evidence, it's not needed for the next 10 guys to re-post the evidence over and over again. It's sufficient that it's delivered once.
    Anyone newly entering the thread may not have read all pages, that's okay. hence why I like to point it out, it's there.

As for quitting... Well your evaluation is rather anecdotal. I have the same to offer, with friends who just returned to the game since they took a break in WoTLK and are now back in full force, loving the game again as much as they did before. And no, I ain't lying, it's true. 4 buddies of mine returned to the game just within the last couple weeks.
    Yet we both are just that, an anecdote with rather zero value to the overall.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-02-02 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    Food for tought:
    Asians pay much less.
    Wether subs rise or sink doesnt matter unless you know where it happens.
    IF subs are stable but there is a shift in % of players from west ->asian market then its essentially still a loss since more people pay less.
    IF subs overall sink but the ammount of western players rises it still can be a increase in cash. Same if the subs don't change but asians play less/more in
    a month since they pay per hour.

tldr: sub number alone tells you jackshit about income change for the company.

im just going to say this. anyone who thinks that once titan comes out all 10 million wow players are going to jump ship and anyone who thinks titan is going to play anything like wow is an idiot.

also anyone who thinks wow will end when titans comes out because blizzard planned it that way is an idiot.

companies dont kill their golden cow just for the lols.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    uhm.. he IS a random person on the internet as well.
    And as his pic proves, he barely left adolescence. he still carries the pimples in his face from it.. And in large parts his articles reflect that still rather immature behavior.

As for the sub numbers.... Those were announced - after the Q3 report was released - by Moorhaime to be above 10 mio again.
    Might want to google it, if someone wants to find the source. I know that there was a blue post stating the 10 mio subs.

[/COLOR]The thread has 11 pages so far. Within those pages plenty of explanation and even proof was given as to why he's just talking out of his ass as a hater.. One doesn't need to be a fan boy to point that out. And once one person delivered evidence, it's not needed for the next 10 guys to re-post the evidence over and over again. It's sufficient that it's delivered once.
    Anyone newly entering the thread may not have read all pages, that's okay. hence why I like to point it out, it's there.

As for quitting... Well your evaluation is rather anecdotal. I have the same to offer, with friends who just returned to the game since they took a break in WoTLK and are now back in full force, loving the game again as much as they did before. And no, I ain't lying, it's true. 4 buddies of mine returned to the game just within the last couple weeks.
    Yet we both are just that, an anecdote with rather zero value to the overall.
    Why is this article immature? Why do you feel that it is reasonable to insult him about pimples on his face?

There has been absolutely no proof as to why he is talking out of his hater ass, perhaps you could provide some. Do you think that WOW is going to gain subs over the next couple of years? If so what do you think that Blizzard is going to do to reverse the trend of the past couple of years?

Do you not think it is rather ironic that you call him immature whilst resorting to insulting him? There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with the article, however the amount of insults directed towards the guy for writing an article is appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Why is this article immature? Why do you feel that it is reasonable to insult him about pimples on his face?

There has been absolutely no proof as to why he is talking out of his hater ass, perhaps you could provide some. Do you think that WOW is going to gain subs over the next couple of years? If so what do you think that Blizzard is going to do to reverse the trend of the past couple of years?

Do you not think it is rather ironic that you call him immature whilst resorting to insulting him? There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with the article, however the amount of insults directed towards the guy for writing an article is appalling.
    "titan is assumed to come out in 2014 i expect the majority of wow players to jump ship for this new game"

he also estimated that wow would already be down to about 6 million subs. which is idiotic. if wow goes past 8 million subs this early id eat my hat

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 10:51 AM ----------

also this hwole "wow is declining" NO! MMOS ARE DECLINING! when will people get it through there head that pretty much every mmo on the market is seeing player activity going down its not just wow people its the entire market. its reverting back to the niche everquest days when average people dont give a shit about them
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophelos View Post
    Never pay attention to these stupid stock markets. The main reason being is that blizzard has an will always have 100% control over it's own products.
    Wow, I have this nice bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Wow, I have this nice bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you
    its true that blizzard has full control. it was part of the agreement vivendi made with blizzard before they merged them with activision that basically, they couldnt come in and start messing with any of their ips unless they let them

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "titan is assumed to come out in 2014 i expect the majority of wow players to jump ship for this new game"

he also estimated that wow would already be down to about 6 million subs. which is idiotic. if wow goes past 8 million subs this early id eat my hat

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 10:51 AM ----------

also this hwole "wow is declining" NO! MMOS ARE DECLINING! when will people get it through there head that pretty much every mmo on the market is seeing player activity going down its not just wow people its the entire market. its reverting back to the niche everquest days when average people dont give a shit about them
    There is most definitely going to be some cannibalisation of WOW subscribers when Titan launches and most people will not have time to play both. I think he is overly pessimistic about the sub numbers, however there is every chance that by Q2 2014 we will be in the middle of another year long period of no content between expansions.

The article is not about gaming it is about ATVI and their future financial performance considering the large part of their income that WOW accounts for a decline in sub numbers and therefore profit is relevant. It does not matter if the whole genre is in decline it only matters, for the purpose of this article, whether WOW is going to decline or not. If you want to read about MMO performance in general then you are looking in the wrong place.

This article is about whether or not ATVI represent a good investment, it is a series guesses based on past events and what we know is going to happen in future, some analysts, like this one, will be cautious when advising others to invest money in a companies. I would not write off ATVI but at present I would not put my money into them.

There is most definitely going to be some cannibalisation of WOW subscribers when Titan launches and most people will not have time to play both. I think he is overly pessimistic about the sub numbers, however there is every chance that by Q2 2014 we will be in the middle of another year long period of no content between expansions.
    some maybe but theres no reason to assume that titan will be anything like wow also all signs point to it being free to play with ingame ads.

also it would only be about wow if he didnt claim one of his reasons for stating wow will continue to go down to 6 million is an old article where he pretty much says "guild wars 2 is gonna kill wow guys" hes also been wrong multiple times if you go back and look at his other posts where he tries to estimate where wow subs will be.

at the end of the day hes just a hater trying to hide behind a small amount of evidence that really means nothing about the quality of the game which is where his basis comes from "why would anyone want to play an old game for money when people could play guild wars 2 which is better in pretty much everyway and is free"

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Benbos has already pointed out why the article shouldn't be taken seriously.

ATVI-stock won't grow and might decline, but the reasoning and his article can still be highly biased and full of nonsense.
    No he didn't.

Right so you agree with the article but it is biased and full of nonsense?!?

No he didn't.

Right so you agree with the article but it is biased and full of nonsense?!?
    A broken clock still shows the right time twice a day. That doesn't make it useful.

Damn Pann, you have so much patience to deal with these people. They have been throwing insults at the guy, posting that person's picture for others to judge on his appearance, and then ignoring the questions that would show everyone else how full of shit they are compared to guy who wrote the article.

Good luck dude, here's to hoping you actually get a decent debate.

WoW's subs are going to keep declining, i dont think we are going to see another boom until the next expansion comes out and this is because there are soo many MMO's that just got released and even more underdevelopment that are going to make subbers question weither or not they still want to pay for the game. Then you have ppl that just naturally stop playing MMO's and move on with their lives. Also is the new generation of kids growing up really paying attention to WoW? I was a person that was introduced to blizzard games in 5th grade. Starcraft and Diablo 2 got released which my friends introduced to me and i ended up playing those. Then i played Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3 etc etc. But the new generation, my little brother for example, he's a higherschooler now but in elementary school i got him to play a little maplestory, in middle school he started playing runescape, and some other F2p games. And i think alot of younger ppl play LoL and moba type games. Also younger ppl are into shooters as my little brother who is now in highschool plays battlefield and CoD when ever he's over at my dads house.

He thinks WoW and GW2 are crap games. I think the playerbase will keep declining slowly and will prolly see a burst when the next expansion comes out and then keep declining again. The market is too saturated with the product. One game cant keep pulling in all the potential new players.

Through my research, I never read a single comment from a player who had re-found his love for the game, and/or believes the game is superior to Guild Wars 2.
    Why pay money for an old game when you can play a superior game (Guild Wars 2) for free, or have fun with the casual-friendly Leagues of Legends?

When a "stock-analyst" starts with nonsense like that, people should stop taking him seriously.
    His article had as much depth as the average forumpost: None.
    An analyst should be objective and leave his own opinion out of the article, but he is unable to do that.

I believe that the stock will suffer and that subscription-numbers will decline.
    That doesn't mean that the article isn't biased or is making any sense.
    Well why would a new player pick WOW over cheaper, newer alternatives? If you're going to focus on one quote in order to try and rubbish the article please back it up. I have played WOW since the release of TBC and for the most part I have enjoyed that time but I had not played WOW and I was looking for a new online game to play I would not pick it. Why would anyone spend in the region of £80 plus a monthly sub to play an eight year old game when they could pick up GW2 for less than half the price without a monthly sub? It has nothing to do with the relative quality of each title but the price for a new player is a massive stumbling block therefore his statement is not nonsense.

So again you agree with the overall message of the article but it does not make sense and is biased?!?

When a "stock-analyst" starts with nonsense like that, people should stop taking him seriously.
    His article had as much depth as the average forumpost: None.
    An analyst should be objective and leave his own opinion out of the article, but he is unable to do that.
    I believe that the stock will suffer and that subscription-numbers will decline.
    That doesn't mean that the article isn't biased or is making any sense.
    Thank you for the common sense.

The site in question is just a place where anyone can free register and post opinion pieces. If the site owners review an article and think it will generate hits, they publish it. Content farm sites are a dime a dozen.
    The author is a student who likes video games and writes articles on what he thinks about their companies. And a few other topics, too, none of them with much depth. Unlike a professional analyst, he is not contacting inside sources, conducting polling, or doing any of the activities that give analysts their very rare strokes of insight.

Do I think he's right or wrong? I don't care.

He's just another opinion, and this site has a million of them. Hell, as a kid interested in MMOs, he's probably a poster on MMO-C, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was in this thread. The fact that situations like this can generate 10+ pages of responses is symptomatic of a world where people are willing to grant credibility to anything just because it's on the Internet.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Well why would a new player pick WOW over cheaper, newer alternatives? If you're going to focus on one quote in order to try and rubbish the article please back it up. I have played WOW since the release of TBC and for the most part I have enjoyed that time but I had not played WOW and I was looking for a new online game to play I would not pick it. Why would anyone spend in the region of £80 plus a monthly sub to play an eight year old game when they could pick up GW2 for less than half the price without a monthly sub? It has nothing to do with the relative quality of each title but the price for a new player is a massive stumbling block therefore his statement is not nonsense.

So again you agree with the overall message of the article but it does not make sense and is biased?!?
    one, it has little to do with cost what he quoted was almost entirely about quality.

he was trying to say that hes never met a single person who has quit wow who ever liked the game again or said it was better than guild wars 2. which is complete and utter bollocks.

you're also assuming that a new player would even know about guild wars 2. which idk if youve ever met anyone but the average person doesnt know about any mmo and barely knows anything about wow.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    A broken clock still shows the right time twice a day. That doesn't make it useful.
    Sig'd. Love wisdom like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please stay on topic and knock off the name-calling and insults simply because you disagree with someone. If you have a case to make, make it while remaining civil.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."