Thread: Book of you.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Book of you.

If some one walked up to you handed you a book and you began to read it
    and a short while after realize it's a book about your entire life past and future,
    Would you read it until the end?

Can't say I would even though everything that happens to you in your lifetime was meant to happen then and there and in no other way.

I.E: You save some ones life, but in reality they weren't meant to die then and there @ all, they're meant to die when they die.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I wouldn't want to ruin the ending. If it was a bad ending, I'd rather not know so that I could remain optimistic about the future. If it was a good ending, I wouldn't want to know so that I could be pleasantly surprised.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I would imagine there would be a very hazy period somewhere between the chapters that cover my life from ages 16 to 19.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Maybe if I could find a short sparknotes summary of it lol but who gets handed a book and starts reading it in the day and age.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    This book would frighten me to death. Would the book be in the horror section?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fwish View Post
    If some one walked up to you handed you a book and you began to read it
    and a short while after realize it's a book about your entire life past and future,
    Would you read it until the end?

Can't say I would even though everything that happens to you in your lifetime was meant to happen then and there and in no other way.

I.E: You save some ones life, but in reality they weren't meant to die then and there @ all, they're meant to die when they die.
    If i started reading my future in such a way would not all the pages tell that i was reading that page and then a lot of bs about happenings all around me while i am reading until my inevitable but sudden death from starvation?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would read it, I'de like to know if life gets better

Deleted
    I would throw it away I think.

Or burn it.

Deleted
    No i wouldn't continue, i don't like spoilers.

15+ Year Old Account
    I typically don't mind spoilers, but I probably wouldn't go all the way to the end, just a few chapters ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    This book would frighten me to death. Would the book be in the horror section?
    Not sure about horror, but certainly a thriller.

The book of my life would have popup pictures and shit. Best book ever.

What if you read the book
    and you're at the point in the book where you're reading it
    and there are not much pages left

I'd read it. Rate things are going I already know how my 'book' ends and it's so meh.

I'd read it if it was written by Michael Crichton, Cormac McCarthy, or Kinoko Nasu.

I guess what I'm saying is that if my story doesn't have dinosaurs, space bacteria, psychopaths or magic in it, then it's too boring and I wouldn't want to read it. Unless it was a detective novel. I would read that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Lethee View Post
    What if you read the book
    and you're at the point in the book where you're reading it
    and there are not much pages left
    Sequel imo.

Deleted
    I'm somewhat of a determinist. I believe that, because of the nature and nurture of humans and other animals, their interactions with one another and the fact that we live on an inhabitable but still hazardous planet, whatever is going to happen to each of us is an inevitability (It's not fate, but it's something like it. As the Oracle in The Matrix says, "you've already made the choice. Now you have to understand it.".). Anyway, because I think reading this book would not enable me to change the future I see displayed in its pages, I would not want to read it. I think that, when it comes to the matter of death, ignorance to one's own expiration date is quite probably bliss.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2013-01-31 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    Do I really want to be reminded of why I hate the world of double standards, injustice and my mental torture as a kid? No, I do not.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-01-31 at 09:53 PM.

I don't much like the idea of not being in control of my own future (to the degree that I am, at any rate). If I read it, I imagine I'd just either feel the need to follow it for no apparent reason or end up creating some sort of a horrible time-vortex capable of swallowing the world.

I wouldn't read further than my present, that way I could go back and remember stuff still.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Would the part where the guy gives you the book about your life be outlined in the book?