Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garlorik View Post
    Israel gave up large amounts of land to try to satisfy the Palestinians. It didn't work. They want "The Israeli's to be pushed out and into the water" (im ad-libbing but that is basically the gist of what has actually been said)
    actually they want East Jaerusalem as they should have gotten from the initial divide.

How is this propaganda? Its the truth. Propaganda is when false information is used. Such as when they claim that Israel is purposely killing innocent civilians yet the only reason they are being killed is because they are being used as human shield and the terrorists are making sure to hide out in populated areas. Also all the videos of "innocent civilians" who have "died or been injured" making a miraculous recovery 5 minutes later when they reappear in the video. Or a "corpse" in a funeral procession climbing back on to the stretcher.
    There are numerous reports of them killing people who were not involved with any terrorist group. For example, a reknowned palestinian doctor had his family killed in an raid. the Israeli military said that there were terrorists in his house... yet he had cameras in there against burglars and could show this was not true. Just an example, plenty others.

Israel has never attacked Turkey or Oman (i dont know about jordan so i wont talk about them) and there is a good reason for it. They are not run by a tyrannical leader who will gladly use nuclear weapons against hundreds of thousands of people if they had the chance. The real wars have been waged in Iraq, Iran, Syria, and Afganistan. All countries know to have ties to terrorist organizations. Also to clarify when i say arab it is by no means a blanket statement and i apologize if it seem like i meant it in that manner. I was referring to the specific arabs who are terrorists using the religion as an excuse to kill thousands of people. I am sure there are many muslims and arabs that want peace as well yet they have leaders that disagree and that is the problem. Your leaders represent you. (with the countries that have tyrannical leaders it is a big issue because standing up to them means death. its a very difficult situation.)
    I gave them as examples because people say all muslims hate Israel. Oman is a muslim country, is it not? And Turkey sent boats with UN aid to Gaza strip, and they were fired upon by Israeli water patrol.
    Plus, the arab people showed that they will stand out to dictators... this is what the Arab Spring was about! In Syria they failed, but only because Russia put their tail in there.

Israel does get the most aid from america annually at almost 3.1 billion every year but let not forget that Israel and America are very closely allied and Israel has never harbored terrorists.

Lets look at other states that get aid from the U.S.

2) Afghanistan - $2.3 billion
    3) Pakistan - $2.1 billion
    4) Iraq - $1.7 billion

All countries known to have ties with terrorism yet the U.S pumps 2 times the amount into those 3 countries than it does into Israel. In addition most of the money in Iraq has gone toward corrupt contracts. I would say these are no less of a waste then giving money to Israel.

(I tried linking where i got the information from but it would not allow me to do so says i dont have enough posts yet)
    Yet there's a bunch of other countries who are less tyrannical in the region that could use the help.
    Now, before I continue, Afghanistan and Iraq get help because USA is there and if they just left them a mess it would destroy the public image... and it's not really working still because, as you said, they're just giving it to corrupt companies.
    As for Pakistan, that probablly changed over time as Pakistan is no longer so friendly.

But let's see, USA needs nice countries in the Middle East to be their buddies. Turkey, Jordan, Oman... heck, Jordan is like next to Israel and they're nice enough. They could work on their connections with Egypt too and Ethiophia a bit south. In the eastern part, India is just waiting for more investments. In the north there's a bunch of former soviet republics, which, some actually have a large muslim minority that would welcome US investment and friendship.
    But no, they put their investments in countries like Israel, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan etc, countries which are run by dictators or are acting dictatorial to others. And then they wonder why their image goes worse and worse in the world? This is why!
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2013-02-01 at 04:29 PM.

You mean like Iran, Egypt, Iraq, Turkey, and all the other countries that are a part of the Arab League?!
    Turkey and Iran are not in Arab League.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-02-01 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    A few days ago, Israel snubbed the United Nations Human Rights Council Review, a mandatory review as part of membership in the UN, with Foreign Ministry Spokesman Yigal Palmor stating, "After a series of votes and statements and incidents we have decided to suspend our working relations with that body." This is an unprecedented move in the history of the UN given that only one nation has refused attendance prior, that being Haiti after the 2010 earthquake that decimated the country. This story can be found here.

Two days later, the UN released it's findings that the illegal settlement building violates both the rights of Palestinians and the Geneva Convention. In response the Israeli Foreign Ministry called the report "counterproductive" and that it in some way hampers the peace process. The Foreign Ministry then went on to state that "The Human Rights Council has sadly distinguished itself by its systematically one-sided and biased approach towards Israel. This latest report is yet another unfortunate reminder of that." They went on to reaffirm that they feel only Israel can be involved in the peace process. This story is here.

Thoughts?
    Just goes to show that so long as the current faction controls Israel, it will continue to act like a rogue state, refusing to heed any agreements they have entered into, and disregarding entirely the international community.

Sadly, decades of unquestioning US support has lead to this stance being maintainable due to the impossibillity involved with enacting actual UN sanctions against them while the US blocks any such sanctions.