Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

No LFR mode in Thunder King Raid???!

Would you as a player be okay with this if blizzard were to make the thunder king raid only for Normal and Heroic difficulty? How would it affect their playerbase if they choose to only allow it to be accessed via Normal / Heroic mode, seeing as how LFR is beginning to be an imbedded part of WoW these days..?

It would probably be still good for the LFR people because they could form 25 man raids and farm the trash for the epic trash upgrades like they did in Sunwell, (at least thats what many of the less skilled guilds on our server did during TBC)

A lot of people would stop raiding entirely.

I myself am taking this tier off for personal matters and have used LFR as a means to stay relatively geared for the next tier (which I plan on running realm first progression), as well as just a way to check out the raids in general.

LFR won't go away as it is far more of a benefit to the game than a detriment.

Inb4 non-sensible counter argument because you're a well known and dead set MoP/WoW hater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why must you start these topics where you already know the answer trying to get a rouse out of people? Stop trolling. Mod should close this pointless thread.

The people who use lfr as their sole means of seeing endgame probably will not be organizing 25m trash runs. Do we even know how much farmable trash the new raid has, or if there are enough trash drops to make it worthwhile?

Trash runs are also mind numbingly boring. I doubt any of them would want to. Sounds pretty detrimental to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Why must you start these topics where you already know the answer trying to get a rouse out of people? Stop trolling. Mod should close this pointless thread.
    This and well as I'm sure you know most "raiders" are now LFR raiders. There would be a huge outcry.

I'd be pretty bothered by it since I'm excited to see the dungeon through LFR. (No time for Normal/Heroic)
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    And how is LFR affecting serious raiders in any negative kind of way?

These threads are really getting old. LFR is part of the game, get over it.

They won't. I wouldn't really care either way, LFR has been a fun thing for alts or an afterthought for me, but they definitely won't, as the system as a whole has been a huge success.

Deleted
    comeon jaylock its been 8 minutes and 8 posts let the spleen venting commence ^_^

I personally LOVE this guy if you dont take it seriously he is so much fun

Is there any way I can block threads from a specific user? Because I'd like that.

Here's a counter question for you Jaylock: What if Blizzard decided to save money and development time by making the Thunder King raid LFR only? After all, the number of players who do LFR only is many times the size of those who do 10/25 N/H raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    CLAP CLAP CLAP
    Take my hat off for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    comeon jaylock its been 8 minutes and 8 posts let the spleen venting commence ^_^

I personally LOVE this guy if you dont take it seriously he is so much fun
    Sorry if some people actually care about these forums and are tired of the shock-jock/troll threads created by a certain user.

Deleted
    Oh, it's Jaylock again.

Nothing to see here guys, move along.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It might be a timed lock, to give players who are doing LFR still time to clear the current tier of content before moving onto the next raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Here's a counter question for you Jaylock: What if Blizzard decided to save money and development time by making the Thunder King raid LFR only? After all, the number of players who do LFR only is many times the size of those who do 10/25 N/H raids.
    Wouldn't it take the same development costs to make it LFR only?

I am not saying I dont like LFR, there is a purpose to it, i get it. I am only asking how the casual community would react? Would there be a drop in subs as a result?

Also, im safe to assume that most of the posters on a MMO fansite aren't really casual players if they care so much to post on a forum website about the game of their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

I am not saying I dont like LFR, there is a purpose to it, i get it. I am only asking how the casual community would react? Would there be a drop in subs as a result?

Also, im safe to assume that most of the posters on a MMO fansite aren't really casual players if they care so much to post on a forum website about the game of their choice.
    After art and models, every mode of a dungeon or raid takes resources to balance. So cutting LFR/10N/10H/25N/25H down to just LFR would cut the resources spent by 80%.

And yes, I would unsubscribe and go play Minecraft or whatever until the next expansion without LFR, since future patches would add only inaccessible content.

Edit: As an example, in Cata, since I knew I wouldn't be raiding, I didn't even subscribe until the expansion was almost over. That way I could just enjoy the finished expansion without waiting for patches then unsub again. Without LFR, I would have done the same thing in MoP.
    Last edited by Darmalus; 2013-01-31 at 11:13 PM.

Taking out LFR would take out 50% of this game for me. If I didn't PVP it would literally take out everything I liked to do in this game. I enjoy seeing the content and seeing if I can improve my gameplay but I don't have a set schedule that I can stick to so LFR is the only reliable way for me to make sure I can raid every week. (No, pugs are NOT reliable on every server)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't step foot inside the raid at all. LFR is my end game at the moment, and having it removed for the next tier would effectively kill my end game. No, I wouldn't feel inclined to do trash runs for reputation. No, I wouldn't feel inspired to try normal mode because I don't have LFR. I just wouldn't step foot in there.

I also don't understand why you would wonder such a thing, considering you're a LFR only raider too.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-01-31 at 11:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

You are gonna believe that it will cost the same if 4 other modes were cut and Blizzard only focused on one? I would love for you to explain how you got to this conclusion.