Poll: As a man, do you get put off any physical contact with another man?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Everyone wants everyone to conform to their perceived norms; it's where the term 'normative' comes from. Not sure what point you were trying to make here.
    People may wish everyone conformed to their norms. The problem starts when it breeds dislike, discrimination, even hate. The point I am making is people should tolerate and cherish diversity instead of becoming hateful monsters.

If one dislikes all people who don't conform to his norm, then that will be lot of people hating one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhany View Post
    homosexuals hating other homosexuals?! sad. hating special kinds of homosexual men? sad as well. some are really cute. let everyone be like he/she wants to be.
    Can you blame him? It's not uncommon to dislike people that are members of the same group as you are because you think they perpetuate stereotypes. He doesn't like being stereotyped as a limp-wristed high-pitched flamboyant person, so he doesn't like people that further reinforce that stereotype.

If you were a part of a particular race, lifestyle, or culture, would you want members of that group to create a stereotype that all of you are stupid? I certainly wouldn't, and disliking those people is a perfectly reasonable feeling.

The homophobia in this thread is off the chart. The only people who have an issue with this sort of contact are the ones insecure in their sexuality or of the extremely homophobic variety.

I don't have a problem with hugging another man. That being said, it would not be common for me to be the one to initiate the hug, unless it's with family. Like, I'm not gonna go up to one of my friends and try to hug them, they'd be like, "WTF dude?" but if one of my friends tried to hug me it wouldn't bother me.

I'm generally pretty easy going though, and I can understand how a hug could make someone uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    The homophobia in this thread is off the chart. The only people who have an issue with this sort of contact are the ones insecure in their sexuality or of the extremely homophobic variety.
    How do you know they're insecure with their sexuality? Maybe they just don't like it. It really can be that simple.

I'm comfortable with my sexuality, so the answer is no.

I do have a small personal space issue (in rare situations) with people I don't know but generally I am a very easy going person.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    The assuming in this thread is off the charts as well. You know the saying about assuming.

But I have to be either homophobic or insecure about my sexuality to not want to touch other men. I surely can't just not like touching other men because I don't like to.

I put sometimes because it depends on the situation. If I'm playing a sport, or doing something that will have me making physical contact I really don't care. For example, I wouldn't be put off wrestling someone just because I'm going to be making physical contact. Now, when I gotta hug uncle Bob I'll be uncomfortable. I'm just not a hugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    The assuming in this thread is off the charts as well. You know the saying about assuming.

But I have to be either homophobic or insecure about my sexuality to not want to touch other men. I surely can't just not like touching other men because I don't like to.
    Of course not! As evident in this thread, anyone who dislikes it is obviously a closet gay trying to fight it...

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    So arm punches are normal but hugs are 'primitive acts'.

I see.
    No, primitive acts as in a constant barrage of insults among other things. Hugs aren't primitive lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    No, primitive acts as in a constant barrage of insults among other things. Hugs aren't primitive lol
    Of course hugs are primitive. A barrage of insults, requiring a constructed language, is quite modern and sophisticated. A hug, which requires instincts and a social nature, is rather primitive. Every animal capable of love hugs, after all. Not many crack 'yo momma'-jokes.

Deleted
    You are asking the wrong crowd tbh, half the people here have probably never seen daylight.

It's only sexual if you intend it to be. Making assumptions that someone is "coming onto you" because they want to give you a hug is ridiculous.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always there for a bro that needs a hug! Or a handshake and shoulderbump.

I actually kissed a male friend at a party once. Ofcourse, I did that so I could get a kiss from the girl that wanted us to do that and I was drunk beyond reason. But it's all bromance!

I'm secure in my sexuality and I have no trouble with non-intimate touching from anyone I know. If it's strangers however, or people I don't know well enough, then no-one no matter what gender, gets to touch me.

The idea about men not touching or hugging is more of a Western nation thing. In India, grown men can actually walk around holding hands. Why? They're like brothers to each other, it's about respect. Other countries have the kiss on the cheek.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2013-02-04 at 04:08 AM.

Deleted
    It depends. I don't mind things like hugs, handshakes, pats, though those feel odd, but it depends really.

But I don't do it really, it can came out the wrong way and I don't want that with anyone, so I just avoid doing that to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Shoulder rubs, neck rubs, thigh rubs, hugs, touching hands, etc. I'm comfortable enough in my sexuality to do that.
    OK everything was maybe OK until you tossed in thigh rubs - seriously? Who in the world lets you rub their thigh and doesn't find that gay? Sorry, but it just is.

In cultures around the world for example United States they usually greet each other with a hand shake. In places like middle east they do not touch at it. There is no one answer that is correct. It depends on your personality and the person and the situation you are in. If you mean being touched in general it depends why. Talking a pat on the back or what..it's very vague. Sneaking feeling it was intended to be that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    OK everything was maybe OK until you tossed in thigh rubs - seriously? Who in the world lets you rub their thigh and doesn't find that gay? Sorry, but it just is.
    Nothing wrong with doing "gay" stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gay. So nope. ;D

Yes. Unless it's in a non sexual manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Not pOO flinger View Post
    I'm comfortable with my sexuality, so the answer is no.

I do have a small personal space issue (in rare situations) with people I don't know but generally I am a very easy going person.
    This. I have a couple of friends who are huggers every once in a while. One friend of mine gave me a big hug at his wedding. Hugging another guy doesn't make you gay.