New level 90 Talent for 5.2

Replace rushing jade wind with....

<Insert name here>
    Passive
    Adds additional effects to your level 30 talents.

Chi Wave
    If no enemy is in range, Chi Wave will bounce on a friendly targets.

Zen Sphere
    Increase detonation range by x yards.

Chi Burst
    Allies hit by your Chi Burst gain x%(10-20) damage reduction for x seconds. Enemies hit take x%(10) extra damage for x seconds.

With the increased cool-downs on these spells I think giving them a bit of extra utility would make them feel like less of a waste if used improperly or if someone moves last second. Say you were to send a 30 second chi wave on someone in melee who has to run out of melee range on a boss fight and then there is nothing for your chi wave to bounce off of and it expires with only one bounce. I would feel pretty cheated...

As for chi burst monks don't bring any group damage reduction buffs and I think a minor buff to chi burst will give monks a bit more raid viability.

Zen sphere ya know... more dmg and more healing. ez

A level 90 talent that offers effects to the level of glyphs to mid tier talent? Why would anyone take that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulstrum View Post
    who uses RJW?
    Whenever you need heavy AoE.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone doesn't.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Also, you mentioned that monks have no raid utility, while brewmasters have probably some of the best with the statue and avert harm. There are many dps that don't have raid utility, such as mages for example. Maybe WW don't use RJW, but Brewmaster can is some situations, and MW I cannot speak for personally. While there may be an opportunity to build on one of those talents, with a replacement like that of Sanctified Wrath for pallys, it would need some serious rethinking, and personally I think it's not needed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Artaius View Post
    Also, you mentioned that monks have no raid utility
    I meant no raid dmg reduction cd's which are pretty tight in higher up raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Whenever you need heavy AoE.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone doesn't.
    Except the fact that using 3 Chi Torpedos generally outweighs the increase in SCK healing for no cost... It's not even a flavor thing, it fills the exact same niche as Chi Torpedo except the latter does it better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Except the fact that using 3 Chi Torpedos generally outweighs the increase in SCK healing for no cost... It's not even a flavor thing, it fills the exact same niche as Chi Torpedo except the latter does it better.
    Not everyone's a Mistweaver.

RJW beats Chi Torpedo and Xuen for mass AoE (ie not just cleave) for both WW's and BrM's. It's also phenominal for BrM's in Challenge modes and fights like Wind Lord because it's basically a heavier-hitting AoE BoK.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

chi torpedo doesnt do dmg anymore?

RJW beats Chi Torpedo and Xuen for mass AoE (ie not just cleave) for both WW's and BrM's. It's also phenominal for BrM's in Challenge modes and fights like Wind Lord because it's basically a heavier-hitting AoE BoK.
    For meters at least RJW isn't better than Xuen for any raid boss fight including Windlord for either BrM or WW. Despite the superiority of RJW for aoe the fact that Xuen can cleave reduces the loss on the aoe part and it's made up for by the damage of Xuen on the single target part of the fight. If you check WoL you can see that the top BrM's and WW's in both normal and heroic windlord use Xuen.

I actually think that RJW becomes effective (relative to Xuen) at a smaller # of targets threshold for WW than BrM since BrM spend a lot of energy on keg smash instead of SCK and Xuen benefits from vengeance. On the other hand, for BrM Xuen can taunt things and get killed.

Don't remove RJW if you can't think of any uses for it Ill name one right off the top of my head, Heroic Feng. For Mistweavers, Blade Lord there are a ton of different scenarios where you should use RJW

I just wish they would make Xuen base line for all and actually put a talent in there so there that offers a choice.
    Right now as BrM and WW you hardly ever take anything else anyway.

I was hoping that each spec would get it's celestial as an ability. Ox for BrM, Serpent for Mist, and Tiger for WW, then the Crane would be the talent.

Or they could move Chi Torpedo to the first tier, drop Tiger's Lust and make it baseline. Because while there might be a choice there for PVE, in PVP tiger's Lust is the only choice. Then drop RJW, and replace those 2 talents with the Ox and Serpent, and give the crane a baseline summon.

Then for level 90 you can choose the Ox for aoe. Tiger for single. Serpent for healing.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-02-01 at 12:07 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.