Page 2 of 106 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    I hope they keep the 6axis/dualshock, i have big hands and it fits me perfectly, apart from if im needing to use all 4 trigger buttons at once. Though so long as they keep it symetrical i guess i wouldnt mind, couldnt stand the xbox controllers.
    I think they could drop Sixaxis, it never added anything to any game I played (even games that used it have an option to turn it off >.>). Dualshock support though needs to be there, and I think they realize this since the eventually added it in the ps3 controller, even though they them selves said it couldn't co-exist with Sixaxis.

And I have fairly large hands and have to agree that the pad fits comfortably, though do wish that it was stretched horizontally a little bit.

Deleted
    vita announcements.. will be amazed if they announce anything before microsoft. E3 for ps4 and it wont be out till end of 2014 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    vita announcements.. will be amazed if they announce anything before microsoft. E3 for ps4 and it wont be out till end of 2014 anyway.
    Wall Street Journal confirmed through their sources that it's a PS4 announcement btw, so that lends some additional credibility.

I hardly think they'd go through all this trouble for the Vita, which is still selling like shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Wall Street Journal confirmed through their sources that it's a PS4 announcement btw, so that lends some additional credibility.

I hardly think they'd go through all this trouble for the Vita, which is still selling like shit.
    thats why they need announcements for the vita.. but interested in what exclusives itll ship and all the hilarious reactions that follow

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    thats why they need announcements for the vita.. but interested in what exclusives itll ship and all the hilarious reactions that follow
    Unless it's a price drop, or one of the sickest games ever made, I don't think there's gonna be much that helps the Vita right now.

They should name it Playstation Orbis, 'cause that sounds awesome.

Deleted
    Unless it's a price drop, or one of the sickest games ever made, I don't think there's gonna be much that helps the Vita right now.
    it needs something like that and if its a ps4 announcement it will used as the controller or an alternative.

Not to derail this thread but I heard the Killzone on the Vita was pretty awesome, like best game on Vita awesome.

10+ Year Old Account

I personally think handheld gaming died years ago but lets not write off the Vita just yet. The PS3 started with crappy sales figures too. The Vita needs a good marketing push, they should subsidize it and push its cross play/controller capabilites more to rival the Wii U. They already offer a bunch of free good Vita games on PS+.

I'd be very disappointed in Sony if the PS4 doesn't use the Vita as a selling point because its just too easy to exploit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they something new and cool the the games industry, like nintendo with the Wii (Wii controler) and the Wii U, it may not have been that great but it bringed new ways to play and others type of gamers to the game comunity.

I think their main tech will be something that links it directly to the Vita for portable play and a comparison control system to the Wii U. The Vita's dead in the water and isn't gaining much support at this point. If it was possible to link it up to the PS4 and use it as another controller or such (an optional one of course), it could reinvigorate its sales severely.

I just now got a PS3 this black Friday. I was really happy about it too. (Finally I thought) I can join the elite few that have these systems and play these elite games I didn't play for years. The system was a special deal. (Great I thought) only to discover this same year they're coming out with a new system with a likely price tag of least 500 dollars or more. (Remember when xbox360 came out. They sold for almost a thousand dollars when they ran out of stock)

Oh well at least I can play the last of us when it comes out later this year. Since most of the upcoming PS3 games are still due out later this year. I don't think the actual system will come out till next year but they will reveal the details about this system later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I just now got a PS3 this black Friday. I was really happy about it too. (Finally I thought) I can join the elite few that have these systems and play these elite games I didn't play for years. The system was a special deal. (Great I thought) only to discover this same year they're coming out with a new system with a likely price tag of least 500 dollars or more. (Remember when xbox360 came out. They sold for almost a thousand dollars when they ran out of stock)

Oh well at least I can play the last of us when it comes out later this year. Since most of the upcoming PS3 games are still due out later this year. I don't think the actual system will come out till next year but they will reveal the details about this system later this month.
    I doubt that the ps4 or new Xbox will be priced more then the Wii U. There wont be this huge jump in graphics or hardware like we have had with this previous generation, and with people still recovering form the poor economy it would be financial suicide to price there systems at $500-$600 cause every one is just gonna get the Wii U which is affordable (at the moment its about $350).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    I doubt that the ps4 or new Xbox will be priced more then the Wii U. There wont be this huge jump in graphics or hardware like we have had with this previous generation, and with people still recovering form the poor economy it would be financial suicide to price there systems at $500-$600 cause every one is just gonna get the Wii U which is affordable (at the moment its about $350).
    I don't have the same confidence in that. They are still selling PS3 with 60 GB of Hard Drive for 300 dollars. The price sky rockets on there based on the amount of storage and games. If they're selling a system that's likely to go outdated in a year for 300. What's to stop them from selling it at 500. Corporations want to make as much money as possible (Bill Gates Stock holders etc) but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I don't have the same confidence in that. They are still selling PS3 with 60 GB of Hard Drive for 300 dollars. The price sky rockets on there based on the amount of storage and games. If they're selling a system that's likely to go outdated in a year for 300. What's to stop them from selling it at 500. Corporations want to make as much money as possible (Bill Gates Stock holders etc) but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    i got my PS3 Super Slim with 500 GB (and one of several Game Pack (Uncharted 3 + GT5 , Move Starter Pack, AC3, FIFA13,...) ... i took AC3) for 295€ in November 2012 ... but it seems like those packs are sold out, at least on AmazonDE

15+ Year Old Account
    A little bit of info about the controller redesign, let's hope it holds true. Personally I just hope that the new changes haven't changed it too much to not be a DualShock.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.edge-online.com/news/playstation-4-revealed/
    New DualShock
    - New pad redesign, same size.
    - Touchpad in the center. Forget the Select, PS and Start buttons.
    - Touchpad created with the same technology that the rear Vita’s touchpad.
    - Share button: Allows the player to take screenshots or videos. Save them in your HDD or share online.
    - Save each 15 min. The system will save your progress each 15 min. No processing penalty according the source.

The Launch
    - Christmas launch for USA and Japan. Europe early 2014.
    - Improve PS Eye, PS Move compatible.

10+ Year Old Account
    the durango.............makes me think it some sort of truck therefore it will be mega size? i thought consoles were supposed to be getting smaller. orbis just sounds wierd. im curious as to how they go about naming consoles. also waiting for news about the next xbox console. hoping the rumors about it arent true.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    the durango.............makes me think it some sort of truck therefore it will be mega size? i thought consoles were supposed to be getting smaller. orbis just sounds wierd. im curious as to how they go about naming consoles. also waiting for news about the next xbox console. hoping the rumors about it arent true.
    Orbis is just a codename as of right now, its possible it won't stick (Like the Wii's dev name Revolution) And the rumors about the Xbox and PS4's specs are likely true or close, like I said in an earlier post there wont be a huge leap in graphics over the ending generation, they will play games in 1080p at 30-60 fps which is still better but not huge.

and @FussMassed, the fact of the matter is that its not about what the current consoles are selling for, there price will be cut down to nothing when the new systems are released, (the PS3 may stay higher only because i doubt the PS4 will be back-words compatible due to the Cell processor having in a odd architecture compared to what is likely to be in the ps4).

What the current consoles are going to be priced for is what people can afford, the reason the 3ds (at least at launch) and vita sold so poorly was because they were far to expensive for what they were. If they try to sell a console at $500 base price with at most a marginal improvement over the WiiU they will price themselves out of the market.

Incidentally I wonder how many people will end up going PC over console this gen. As it stands right now I will likely get my multi-paltform games on my PC since the hardware is better then what the WiiU has and what the Ps4/Xbox are rumored to have. But a budget gaming pc right now can be as cheap as 600 dollars and get better then current console quality, and the price of PC games being cheap on average and have more utility then a console. I personally think this coming Generation is going to be interesting.
    Last edited by Kaosbringer; 2013-02-03 at 07:26 AM.

I do hope they move the analogs. Iv never liked the analog sticks so close together, anyone above the age of 10 has hands that are to big for it. A refined online would be nice as PSN in its current form is a giant pain. I remember having to around 3 logins just to get shit dled for MGS4.

No matter what i think no BC is a bad idea. I didnt like the ps3 of this last gen so heres to hoping the ps4 fixs the mistakes that the ps3 made,.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    No matter what i think no BC is a bad idea. I didnt like the ps3 of this last gen so heres to hoping the ps4 fixs the mistakes that the ps3 made,.
    Gotta remember that PS3 originally had backwards compatibility with PS1 and PS2 because they kept the PS2's CPU and GPU chips in the PS3. It was because of it the price was astronomical, so they removed it to cut costs on production so they could lower the price of the PS3s. Granted, we lost backwards compatibility in the process, it still beats paying $599.99 for the 1st gen PS3s that had it.

As much as I would love to see a backwards compatibility option in the PS4, I doubt they'd like to repeat the same fiasco. If we're lucky, we'll get software emulation like the Wii/WiiU's virtual console.