Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blood DK Tanking H Lei Shi

Hey guys couldn't find a solid answer on this anywhere. My guild has started doing Heroic Lei Shi this week and I've found that I am taking a lot of damage right around 15 stacks with IBF used at around 13 stacks. It just seems that my health is dropping 90% each time I take a spray. I pool runes to DS for this point so that I can get some heals in but it never seems to be enough.

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...onomy/advanced

Playing since '04

Quote Originally Posted by Astrobandaid View Post
    Hey guys couldn't find a solid answer on this anywhere. My guild has started doing Heroic Lei Shi this week and I've found that I am taking a lot of damage right around 15 stacks with IBF used at around 13 stacks. It just seems that my health is dropping 90% each time I take a spray. I pool runes to DS for this point so that I can get some heals in but it never seems to be enough.

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...onomy/advanced
    I don't see any mention of AMS. You have got to be using it, but just checking. Have you been using it?

Also consider going blood tap, you can pool a lot of charges and death strike a whole bunch when you take the most damage. More useful than RC imo.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah been using AMS for sure. Should I be stacking stam instead of mastery for this?

Playing since '04

Yeah been using AMS for sure. Should I be stacking stam instead of mastery for this?
    yes, that would be my advice. my guild run switchedtanks to stamina for this fight works great since avoidance and DK mastery is useless from Lei Shi herself.
    and since mastery is unused for Spray, youll get a little bit more direct usable healing from DS with stamina stacking.
    Last edited by Neave; 2013-02-01 at 05:51 AM.

Considering you're progressing on it and are having trouble, yes, I'd advise you to get as much stamina as possible. Also, don't forget Rune of Spellshattering or the metagem.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-02-01 at 06:28 AM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you use a mastery/run speed meta instead of the spell reflect meta gem?
    Also, why do you have Pandaren step aswell? You realize they don't stack? + the mastery is worthless for this fight.
    There are more mastery enchants you should get rid of aswell, but Im sure you realize it by now.

Why do you gem mastery? There is zero physical damage in this fight...

While I don't know the details regarding tanking, I would guess that you would be better off reforging to something else than mastery aswell.

2 mastery trinkets aswell. I see a LOT of wasted stats on your armory for this fight. You might aswell be ilvl 470 and be in the correct reforging/gearing.

On a side note, why do you have glyph of Pestilence and Roiling Blood specced at same time? :s

Common dude :P
    Last edited by Celar; 2013-02-01 at 06:19 AM.
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celar View Post
    Why don't you use the spell reflect meta gem?

While I don't know the details regarding tanking, I would guess that you would be better off reforging to something else than mastery aswell.

I doubt you can reflect splash damage spell.

Also, why do you have Pandaren step aswell? You realize they don't stack? + the mastery is worthless for this fight.

2 mastery trinkets aswell. I see a LOT of wasted stats on your armory for this fight. You might aswell be ilvl 470 and be in the correct reforging/gearing.

give her (or him) a break. Lei Shi is like no other fight in terms of gems and stats.

and mastery and stamina are by far the best stats for Blood DK overall, too

10+ Year Old Account
    The spell meta works since its magic. It doesen't reflect it, but it reduces damage.

@Neave

I was just helping. Want me to lie?
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

As others have said:

Rune of Spellshattering on Weapon
    Effulgent Meta

Yes gemming Stam will give you more survivability. Our first kill our DK tank was using full Stam gems, 1 stam trinket and had like 720K HP.

Why are you taking so many stacks though? You should be swapping at around 10 stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    As others have said:

Rune of Spellshattering on Weapon
    Effulgent Meta

Yes gemming Stam will give you more survivability. Our first kill our DK tank was using full Stam gems, 1 stam trinket and had like 720K HP.

Why are you taking so many stacks though? You should be swapping at around 10 stacks.
    when one tank needs to taunt to get the add

Playing since '04

I'd have the tanks swap at that point. That's too many stacks.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Don't go that high then?

Switch tanks - even if your only on like 5 stacks when adds spawn. Also you should have the scary fog debuff up on the add always to nuke them fast.

Yes, use a stamina trinket. And switch at 10-11 stacks. When you tank the add and the other tank gets high stacks, you taunt the boss and he taunts the add. You have to call it of course on vent/ts.

If your roster allows, consider using 3 tanks. 2 on the boss and 1 just for add tanking and getting stacks. We use a warrior tank that charges in or leaps on top of lei shi with stacks during get away, and the special ability lasts only around 8-10seconds mid/late fight.

15 stacks sounds like a little too much. I only take that many if it's still 6% to the add phase when I taunt and I generally pop all cds to make sure I survive that long.
    Also why do you pop IBF at 13 if you know you're going over 15 - you should pop it earlier in that case.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 05:08 PM ----------

The question is why does the op even use that meta gem instead of stamina/armor (stamina/spell red for this fight obviously)

Deleted
    We do this, I'm always making sure to be the one to take all the stacks during a shield phase since we do not switch during it and I've never had a problem with dying to high stacks. The taunt switch back usually happens around 15-17stacks, sometimes less or more. Worth noting that I do not regem at all and only switch rune ench if time allows while running stam food+flask/2 stam trinkets and my hp is well beyond the 700k mark at that point.

As already mentioned, if it's your first time going at it it might be worth stacking pure stam (also run 2stam trinkets if you've been lucky with the trash in MSV). Personally have a habit of using AMS when stacks start to reach a high number, coupled with always blowing vampiric blood during add phases aswell as not using bone shield on cd but when I need it since it will be quite wasted using it at lower stacks. IBF is mainly getting used at the very last add phase since she's basically turretting me with stacks, having to take them all . Or whenever I know I might end up dead.

Lastly, reforging shouldnt matter much unless you have problem reaching the enrage then hit/exp caps might be worth it. Though if you endup tanking the adds you'll lose a bit of survivability sacrificing mastery for that. Whatever works for your raid.

Deleted
    There are more mastery enchants you should get rid of aswell, but Im sure you realize it by now.

On a side note, why do you have glyph of Pestilence and Roiling Blood specced at same time? :s

no physical damage ? the add phase every 20% ? not really worth gemming mastery but yeah

reforging there isnt really anything to reforge into mastery is fine

stam trinkets are better but its not really a big deal

the glyph increase the range, roiling blood basicaly casts pestilence while you use blood boil - thus there is nothing wrong with this, and that 3rd glyph slot is pretty shit anyway its either that or the death coil glyph which is kinda shitty too.

- the stacks shouldnt really be getting that high tbh even near the end 13-15 stacks is really the max, and ibf / ams and ds should carry you though - i would suggest unglyphing ams -> going from tons of damage to 0 will reset the DS heals which is kinda shitty since you wont be able to heal yourself when it runs out or for less.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatehawk View Post
    the glyph increase the range, roiling blood basicaly casts pestilence while you use blood boil - thus there is nothing wrong with this, and that 3rd glyph slot is pretty shit anyway its either that or the death coil glyph which is kinda shitty too.
    That might be dangerous on Lei Shi however since the adds have to be cced.