Using proxys to connect to wow.

Is it ok to use proxies to connect to wow? or use services like http://www.laglessproxy.com

For the past 3 days i have been having unplayable latency and after reading the technical support forums it seems to be a widespread issue...since im the MT/RL of my guild the last 2 raid nights have been a wash due to it, and tonight a guildie suggested i use laglessproxy and it worked like a charm so i would like to continue using it if it is not something that will get me in trouble.

R

Alot of people use services like Pingzapper or Reducethelag, but I'm not sure on Blizzard's standing on it.

The bliz is neutral on such things.

I dont think blizzard cares what way you connect to their server, if they ban you they just ban your account not your IP

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not technically disallowed but you can get your account locked or (temporarily) banned because it makes your account look like it has been compromised with IPs logging in from all over. You can call and get it unlocked, but it seems like a real pain in the ass. I wouldn't use unless I had unplayable latency personally. Doesn't seem worth the headache.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Yeah, my account got locked just for logging into my battle.net account once from my school library instead of from home. I didn't have to call them up to get it taken care of, but it was still a pita. I'd be very wary whatever you do.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I used a proxy for a while from NZ, it worked a treat and I personally never had any issue what so ever.

My guild mate however using the exact same service had to go through some process of unlocking his account a couple of times with the few months I knew him, it seems like it can cause nuisance but not get you banned.

Deleted
    I use anonine.com atm to bypass Telia CSC bad routing path toward Paris. You might be affected by it aswell if you are european. Cut my MS during raid from 180-200 to 50-60.

Basicly its the connection between kbn-glos-i1-link.telia.net [213.248.73.177] and kbn-b4-link.telia.net [80.91.254.194] that is faulty, had a very high packet droprate and latency during peek hours. Sadly Telia CSC says this is somehow our ISPs fault.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8130240?page=1

I asked a GM about this a while ago, he said that they don't really care unless you're altering game files.

As has been expressed, we don't take issue with the player using a proxy for whatever reason- but doing so is going to increase the likelihood of the account being locked. Having an authenticator on the account will help prevent such locks - I prefer the mobile app, which is free. And free is good!

Thanks for the replies everyone - i do have an authenticator so i guess i should be ok.

R

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    As has been expressed, we don't take issue with the player using a proxy for whatever reason- but doing so is going to increase the likelihood of the account being locked. Having an authenticator on the account will help prevent such locks - I prefer the mobile app, which is free. And free is good!