Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It's simply matter of taste. People who like RTS will go for RTS game. I have no argument about which game is more fun. That's purely subjective but MOBA is certainly more popular than RTS.
    Pretty much. It's possible that there is a middle ground between those two. All the companies that try to develop standard MOBA clones should look into the space between those two genres.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Being fast in SC without messing up your game is hard and not easily achievable by anyone. Non korean pros couldn't even do that properly.
    Being sufficiently fast is easy. If you want to go full-Korean mode and finish macroing all of your bases in half a second, that's what's difficult. You could easily argue that doing the same with someone like Meepo is just as hard since all it is is pushing the right buttons very fast.

To keep track of everything you have to be fast and good at multitasking aka good mechanic.
    Honestly, there's a bit of a hump at the start that you have to get over but once you do, multitasking really isn't as difficult as you seem to make it out to be. Speed is of course always a factor but at what point is speed "enough"? When you can input every action you want to at the moment in a single frame?

and I think we are talking about mechanic here.
    Allow me to recreate the post chain, you seem to be confused.
    Those muscle memories require tons of practice to hone them.
    Maybe if you play Zerg. As Protoss it took me max 2 weeks to be able to do pretty much any macro order I wanted in a second or two unless the game went ridiculously late but it never does. Knowing exactly what to do when was far more difficult.
    Oh and knowing what to do when is not mechanical skill. It's decision making.
    Allow me to recreate this in simpler terms, since you seem to be having difficulties with it.

Mechanics are hard
    Maybe if you play Zerg, as Protoss, it was easy, the difficult part was decision making
    Decision making isn't mechanics it's decision making
    I know
    But we were talking about mechanics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope this serves to clarify the situation

The comparision would be legit of you don't have push buttons with precision too in StarCraft. Both games you have to push buttons with precision but in SC you have far more to push.
    I'm being intentionally hyperbolic to demonstrate a point, would you please just answer the question?

I have won the argument
    Wow and I thought I was a shitposter.

Being sufficiently fast is easy. If you want to go full-Korean mode and finish macroing all of your bases in half a second, that's what's difficult. You could easily argue that doing the same with someone like Meepo is just as hard since all it is is pushing the right buttons very fast.
    Except Meepo won't reward you for being that fast. SC does. You can't never get too fast in SC because there are so many things to do.

Honestly, there's a bit of a hump at the start that you have to get over but once you do, multitasking really isn't as difficult as you seem to make it out to be. Speed is of course always a factor but at what point is speed "enough"? When you can input every action you want to at the moment in a single frame?
    It's about what level of multitask you are talking about. Bronze? Plat? Non korean pro? Korean pro?

Allow me to recreate the post chain, you seem to be confused.
    The point you made was that mechanic for Protoss is easy and I said that it's not then you said out of nowhere that knowing what to do is far more difficult which has nothing to do with mechanic. That's why I said it's decision making which has nothing to do with what we are arguing about. Protoss's decision making is hard or not has nothing to do with my point. I said Protoss's mechanic is hard. Certainly harder than Dota.

I'm being intentionally hyperbolic to demonstrate a point, would you please just answer the question?
    Your comparision is that which is harder between spamming as fast as you can and do it accurately. The latter would be harder because by this comparision you can press whatever you want as fast as you can.

The argument we have here is between SC and Dota. The comparision doesn't apply. That's why I didn't answer the question in the first place.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2014-01-05 at 03:27 PM.

Deleted
    I won, so?
    No dude, I won. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    No dude, I won. xD
    No way, I won.

10+ Year Old Account
    MOBA is cowshit.
    /thread

Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-01-05 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    MOBA is cowshit.
    /thread
    Compelling argument you have there.