[Books] Stephen Kings Shining Sequel "Doctor Sleep" coming out this year.

Just found out about this today. Cannot wait!

A man never outlives his father.

That’s a line from William Faulkner, but it applies in earnest to Danny Torrance, the psychic little boy from Stephen King’s The Shining.

King is revisiting the now middle-aged Dan Torrance in the sequel Doctor Sleep (out Sept. 24) which finds him working at a hospice, where he uses his innate supernatural powers to ease the suffering of the dying. Dan may have survived his old man’s madness (and swinging mallet) in the hallways of that long-ago snowbound hotel, but he has grown up to realize that not all demons can be escaped. Some are a part of you.

In a wide-ranging interview with Entertainment Weekly, King reveals the origin story behind Doctor Sleep, talks about the fatherhood fears buried in The Shining, and speculates about what could become of his stories when he’s long, long gone …

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2013/02/01/...iew/?hpt=hp_t2

If this is old news then I apologize in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that thinks Stephen King is turning into the Geoge Lucas of authors? First he releases a (GOD awful) followup to The Dark Tower... now the Shining is getting a sequel?

Let me guess, next will be a sequel to The Stand, and then he'll release the rumoured re-write of the Dark Tower series (I wish I was lying, but it's actually rumoured)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30