Thread: Bots! Roll out

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bots! Roll out

http://imgur.com/owwMA9G

Seriously in an IoC with 20 bots. Really scary.

Edit: For those who can't tell, the gates were about to shut, this is looking from inside going out and the bot army was running back and forth across the gate.

It takes the gates about 90 seconds to shut after the match starts.
    Last edited by Revolutions; 2013-02-01 at 01:35 PM.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Would these be those invisible bots I've heard about?

This is where my fancy character signature would be, if I had one.

Deleted
    Well, some are really stupid enough to roll with a basic-public profile, not thinking for just 1 second there are 1000 other idiots like them doing the same shit.
    They are just asking to get banned and they do. Not many know this, but there were MASSIVE banns in the past few weeks. These suckers got what they deserved lol. ( some lost up to 10 bot accounts, as well as the bank alts and mains that got involved in transactions, so don't worry, blizz does it's job good )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Well, some are really stupid enough to roll with a basic-public profile, not thinking for just 1 second there are 1000 other idiots like them doing the same shit.
    They are just asking to get banned and they do. Not many know this, but there were MASSIVE banns in the past few weeks. These suckers got what they deserved lol. ( some lost up to 10 bot accounts, as well as the bank alts and mains that got involved in transactions, so don't worry, blizz does it's job good )
    Got ANYTHING backing this up? Press release, blue post, anything. I seem to have missed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Got ANYTHING backing this up? Press release, blue post, anything. I seem to have missed it.
    Just check some of the bot forums, riddled with "banned" threads. Pretty funny to read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    http://imgur.com/owwMA9G

Seriously in an IoC with 20 bots. Really scary.
    And where are those? That picture just shows some players, I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    And where are those? That picture just shows some players, I don't get it.
    gates are not even opened properly and everyone has left the gate
    thats what i think he wanted to show anyway, but its not 'proof' they are bots, as i usualy stand face-to-gate spamming space while pushing forward aswell.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

No.

Ten chars.

Infracted. Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-02-01 at 01:19 PM.

I bet the Horde in that game still managed to lose somehow.

Deleted
    Blue posts WILL NEVER say anything about banns handed, specially about botting and hacking. Why would they do that? It will only increase people's awareness to start botting themselves. It's enough that everyone and hes mom can get their hand on a bot, no need to spam forums for that.

Deleted
    Blue posts WILL NEVER say anything about banns handed, specially about botting and hacking. Why would they do that? It will only increase people's awareness to start botting themselves. It's enough that everyone and hes mom can get their hand on a bot, no need to spam forums for that.
    You spouted hot air. As expected. This

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415462781#1

is what a blue post announcing bans looks like.

Deleted
    For how long? 24h?

Posted this to bring to light the issue. Right now Random BGs are in a negative cycle

Players bot battlegrounds to level with ease -> Players doing it legit get pissed that blizz isn't doing anything about the bots -> More players start botting
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

That is some weird twisted logic if Blizzard announce that they ban people who use bots more people will suddenly start using bots?!?

Deleted
    You spouted hot air. As expected. This

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415462781#1

is what a blue post announcing bans looks like.
    And you managed to make an irrelevant post while making a fool out of yourself. Not only is that an entirely different game, and an entirely different forum / website, but taking into account the history of wow so far, banns are almost NEVER announced. Even people that posted about botting on the official forums got banned (lol) and now go on a crying spree on other wow-related forums ( heck, I even got banned on MMo-c for posting about it )

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That is some weird twisted logic if Blizzard announce that they ban people who use bots more people will suddenly start using bots?!?
    It's odd, but it's what they do. They want to prevent the spreading of the illicite conducts for as long as possible. The fewer they know, the better. Think about it like this: how would most feel about the fact, if blizz published the numbers on the official forums? Most of the people, seeing that how many bots there are, will consider their play-time pointless because "everybody else does it ". It's just like how the police does not let anyone get close to the scene of the crime.
    Last edited by mmoc30581c569a; 2013-02-01 at 06:45 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ... Are you sure they're bots? Most games I see everyone stand right there for the extra half a second it saves you on leaving the base.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will never ban bots because the average bot gives them more money than the average player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only that, official indications of banwaves would be quite a tip for bot devs. It could help them find out what exactly made their work more "visible", so to speak. Blizz doesn't want that.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    I always run back and forth against the gates. Impatient.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Blizzard will never ban bots because the average bot gives them more money than the average player.
    Putting it in bold does not make this conspiracy theory suddenly true.

There is no evidence to support this claim, and it doesn't even make sense. If all Blizzard cared about was sub costs and not following their ToA, they'd never ban anyone but one look at the customer service forums tells you they totally do.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I miss when bots use to auto follow. At least then you could get them stuck and afk out.