Thread: Bots! Roll out

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    It's odd, but it's what they do. They want to prevent the spreading of the illicite conducts for as long as possible. The fewer they know, the better. Think about it like this: how would most feel about the fact, if blizz published the numbers on the official forums? Most of the people, seeing that how many bots there are, will consider their play-time pointless because "everybody else does it ". It's just like how the police does not let anyone get close to the scene of the crime.
    That makes no sense. First not all people find the activities that bots carry out boring and pointless and would not consider using one. Second do you not think that most people upon seeing that Blizzard had banned bot users would think that if they used one they would also run risk of being banned? I am not sure how came to the conclusion that it is similar to the police not letting people near a crime scene, they do that in order to preserve the evidence, so it is not destroyed or contaminated by untrained people. Or are you suggesting that once a group a people witness a crime they will be compelled to go and commit the same crime?

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Anecdotal evidence, surely that can't be valid! [/sarcasm]
    Well he's the only one of my 4 irl friends who bot that have been banned yet, but it's good to know shit's getting done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That makes no sense. First not all people find the activities that bots carry out boring and pointless and would not consider using one. Second do you not think that most people upon seeing that Blizzard had banned bot users would think that if they used one they would also run risk of being banned? I am not sure how came to the conclusion that it is similar to the police not letting people near a crime scene, they do that in order to preserve the evidence, so it is not destroyed or contaminated by untrained people. Or are you suggesting that once a group a people witness a crime they will be compelled to go and commit the same crime?
    You can argue and waste time typing all day long. The fact is that blizz will delete threads / suspend anyone even talking about it on the forums. I didn't invent this, it's what they do. You'd understand if, lets say, you checked the forums for the recent dupe-method that was used less then 2 weeks ago. Everyone that even made a thread about it, without actually trying the method, got banned.
    Besides, if blizz posted threads about banns regularly the people involved in botting will know how to dodge it without ever getting banned ( which tbh is already easy )

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't have a problem with bots. I do have a problem with hacking accounts, but botting itself doesnt affect me in the least bit. I'm not encouraging or endorsing it in any way but rather expressing that I could care less if people did bot. It just means they are playing another video game or watching something or at work or whatever. Kudos for the ingenuity to getting a task done but you'll most likely end up getting banned. I know I'd be so pissed if I lost my account due to some stupid botting shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    What's the source of the quote?
    the bot forum
    they post about the case.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Blizzard will never ban bots because the average bot gives them more money than the average player.
    That doesn't even make sense. How would a bot that can consume server resources 24/7 be more profitable than your average user who puts in less than a couple hours a day?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Blizzard will never ban bots because the average bot gives them more money than the average player.
    I guess it's true that some people will believe their own bullshit if they say it enough.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    Well he's the only one of my 4 irl friends who bot that have been banned yet, but it's good to know shit's getting done.
    Did you happen to rat your friend out for botting? If so, how can you be his friend by doing that?

(not that I support botting, but the reason is irrelevant)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just no... Why post something you have no idea about. A lot of accounts that run bots are compromised accounts that are paid for by stolen bank accounts. Once the banks work out what is going on blizz has to REFUND the money to the stolen bank account. So there is no financial gain for blizzard for most bot accounts. In fact there is a loss because of the work that has to go into refunding the money. For the small amount of idiots that bot on there main accounts its still a loss for blizz because it pisses off other players.

Really wish people would learn what they are posting about here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Did you happen to rat your friend out for botting? If so, how can you be his friend by doing that?

(not that I support botting, but the reason is irrelevant)
    For once I agree with Jaylock. I don't support botting but I would never rat out a friend or guildy for botting. I raided with a guy that bot for a long time. I did warn him it would bite him in the ass but I never reported him. He did get banned eventually.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-02-01 at 10:21 PM.
    Aye mate

Wait, does that mean the 10 dollars I give them is worth less than the 10 dollars a botter gives!?

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    You can argue and waste time typing all day long. The fact is that blizz will delete threads / suspend anyone even talking about it on the forums. I didn't invent this, it's what they do. You'd understand if, lets say, you checked the forums for the recent dupe-method that was used less then 2 weeks ago. Everyone that even made a thread about it, without actually trying the method, got banned.
    Besides, if blizz posted threads about banns regularly the people involved in botting will know how to dodge it without ever getting banned ( which tbh is already easy )
    Again you are not making sense. A dupe is very different from using a bot if a method of duping is posted on the forums people will try just out of curiosity but you have to go to some effort to use a bot. How would Blizzard posting "we have banned x many bots" let bot users know how to dodge the ban?

Please, stop it.
    Blizzard does ban bots. There was a major ban wave 3 weeks ago.
    I got banned on my alt account, along with 4 other guildies, even my GM got both of his accounts banned.

Doesn't make botting less profitable, made 400kg in 3 weeks with that account.
    Blizzard knows that the botters are going to buy new accounts, they're not losing any money, they're making profits from ban waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I miss when bots use to auto follow. At least then you could get them stuck and afk out.
    Ahh, but when bots reach a critical mass in a Battleground, they will start Auto-following other bots. Cue Benny Hill music.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 01:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    Wait, does that mean the 10 dollars I give them is worth less than the 10 dollars a botter gives!?
    He is makeing the invalid assumption that the vast majority of bots actually pay for their accounts.