Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

250.000 honorable kills - best way to farm

Hey guys,

just want to know: is der a good way to farm honorable kills for that achievements? Im currently sitting at 24.xxx kills, I know its not alot, but maybe it gets easier to get kills with the right tips from you =)

And how long do you think, it would take to get the achievement, if I could play about 2-3 hours a day?

(sorry if theres already a thread for this topic!)

Deleted
    The best BG I've found for solo is Arathi Basin horde, sitting on Blacksmith. It might not be THE best way, but it's the best I've found without needing anybody elses co-operation.

Deleted
    just do bgs 24/7 there's no real trick

10+ Year Old Account
    Pick the right BGs for it.

E.g. in my experience, Strand of the Ancients can yield a fair bit of kills if your group doesn't totally suck at going after vehicles and defending until the last second.

Gilneas usually doesn't give very many kills for the time you spend in there.

Alterac Valley may or may not be good. It depends on whether or not people want a quick win or a good old-fashioned Zergerac.

Arathi at Blacksmith is good, but you need a group that will go there in the first place. Recently it seems that people on Alliance don't like going Blacksmith anymore... *shrugs*

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-

No talk about botting in here.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-02-01 at 12:45 PM.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Playing 2-3 hours a day it would honestly take you almost 2 years.

Deleted
    Just to clarify this right away. If I see any talk about botting or botprograms I will close this thread right away.

Two Picks - the best.

Get full awesome PvP gear, team up with friends and do your best to stall the game to make it as long as possible. Play to farm, not to win, but still not so bad that you lose. For example, keep 3 bases in arathi basin, kill the EFC in WSG and defend your own(but only if you're not winning). But if your team sucks at killing and is good at objectives you might just want to finish the game ASAP.

That new temple BG is probably the best for solo BG farming but IoQ is probably best for team farming(maybe solo too). If you're conquest capped and don't need honor you can queue directly for IoQ instead of random BG.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no real "best" way to farm, just continue doing BGs really
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    This achievement is a plain timesink and nothing else. Unless you play WoW 24/7 and ONLY PVP it will take AT LEAST 3 years to get if you can only play for 2-3 hours a day.

You have to have the right BG, a decent group and pray for team fights to rack up a decent score.

One way to get your Honor Kill score up is to PVP on a low level toon whilst questing, as low level PVP is crazy and gives a fair chunk of exp win or lose.
    And now as the Honor Kills achievement is now account wide it should be a little bit faster than just doing BG's on your level 90.

I'm going to give some absolutely horrible advice that you should just never follow.

If you sabotage your team's game in Alterac Valley by capping a graveyard somewhere in the midground, forcing the opposite side to spawn at the other end of the map, you considerably increase the odds of a long, drawn out defensive battle where both sides practically just farm kills until the resources end.

Be warned. You will end up getting called many a names for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best way is to go on Openraid.us and find and HK farm group on the weekends, or during the week. IF there are none, specific queue for Wsg/AB, in my experience it's easier to control wsg and GY farming is nice, AB like stated above yields a lot if you stand at the BS for the entire game, because you get extra honor for being on a base you control, and getting credit for HK's has a long distance factor. Outside of the queues, and I know this seems cheap, but fly around all cata zones, mostly in the starting area, and blow up lowbies while waiting in queue. As long as they're green they count.

I did it in Alterac. Usually both sides will rush trough, then you should simply ignore all towers and try to tap your graveyards back, there is hardly someone deffing them these days. Stonehearth/Stormpike if you are alliance, or Frostwolf/iceblood if you are horde.

If you succeed, it will be pretty certain change into a zergerac.

Isn't hks are account-wide now? If they are, you can invest in lvl 10 balance druid twink and farm WSG. I saw a couple of those twinks - even 10 lvl 14 reguilar heirloomed chars couldn't kill dat druid with 10 stacks of vulnerability. At the end he had about 60 kbs and 100+ hks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    Isn't hks are account-wide now? If they are, you can invest in lvl 10 balance druid twink and farm WSG. I saw a couple of those twinks - even 10 lvl 14 reguilar heirloomed chars couldn't kill dat druid with 10 stacks of vulnerability. At the end he had about 60 kbs and 100+ hks.
    I agree with this. I'm almost 50% of 250k hk's. You can get a silly amount of hk's on any sort of graveyard farming map. I'll never obviously farm 250k hk's just for the achiev but if I was to play long enough it would eventually come.

The other day I did a random IoC with a friend and noticed I got 100+ hks from docks.

Find something else to focus on while doing BG's. Complete Battlemaster and Justicar, suddenly you'll find yourself with another 100k hk's or so.

Arathi Basin, floating around BS or the edge of LM is from my experience the quickest way to get HKs.

Obviously epic 40v40 AV battles at bottlenecks is always the best way, but those are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagina View Post
    Find something else to focus on while doing BG's. Complete Battlemaster and Justicar, suddenly you'll find yourself with another 100k hk's or so.
    Also a very good point, I'm guessing I got about 50k hk's for earning Conqueror (Horde equivalent of Justicar