Question Confused about Selfless Healer being nerfed in 5.2?

As far as i know (especially for Holy Paladins) the Selfless Healer talent is considered rather weak and even overly complicated for Holy (spamming mana costing Judgement on an enemy while healing allies).

But i see that in 5.2 Blizzard is actually nerfing this talent even more - it will heal for a lot less, and the "holy shock procs Selfless Healer" change has been removed.
    Holy and Prot (especially Holy) don't use much Selfless Healer now, and they wont use it at all in 5.2 if it stays like this.

So i wanted to ask more experienced paladins (especially Holy and Prot players) - are we going to be using Selfless Healer at all when 5.2 lands?
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2013-02-01 at 12:30 PM.

You'r gonna use it more then now. They nerfed it cause they buffed Flash of Light via Sword of Light passive.

Sword of Light now increases healing done by Flash of Light by 100%, up from 35%.

So nerf to SH was needed cause we would heal way to much. Plus they'r giving all hybrids except SP some pvp power increasing their heals, I'm not sure if it's 25% or half of PvP power we have.

EDIT: My bad, was replying from ret point of view. As holy you'll prob rather go for EF or SS.

Quote Originally Posted by monoroth View Post
    You'r gonna use it more then now. They nerfed it cause they buffed Flash of Light via Sword of Light passive.
    Sword of Light now increases healing done by Flash of Light by 100%, up from 35%.
    So nerf to SH was needed cause we would heal way to much. Plus they'r giving all hybrids except SP some pvp power increasing their heals, I'm not sure if it's 25% or half of PvP power we have.

EDIT: My bad, was replying from ret point of view. As holy you'll prob rather go for EF or SS.
    Thanks for replying, but Ret is the only spec getting an overall buff to Selfless healer.

Holy and Prot (especially Holy) don't use much Selfless Healer now, and they wont use it at all in 5.2 if it stays like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use SH right now and I especially don't plan on doing it in 5.2 with the nerf. Even if they buffed it, they'd have to buff it by quite a lot to make me concider switching. I like EF too much.
    Holy PoV on it btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I don't use SH right now and I especially don't plan on doing it in 5.2 with the nerf. Even if they buffed it, they'd have to buff it by quite a lot to make me concider switching. I like EF too much.
    Holy PoV on it btw.
    I am thinking pretty much the same thing - but i do not get WHY is blizz ignoring this talent?

5.2 is pretty much all about buffing the underused talents - and then they nerf the most useless talent Holy/Prot paladins have...

10+ Year Old Account
    Please remember to check for threads that already cover the topic you're looking to discuss (like this one).

Closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!