Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nicest thing about crafting were the free character levels and deposit collectables tab.

The crafting process isn't particularly tedious unless you don't know what you are doing. Certainly no more tedious than many other systems. There is a speed up option in GW2's crafting, fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    You think so? Some features of the system were nice, like being able to swap between professions at will for a small fee. Overall I thought the crafting system was very slow and painfully grindy. The ability to add the stats you want on your item were also nice but i wouldn't call this crafting system the gold standard.
    I think so, really. No other game (maybe minecraft lol) has a pleasing crafting experience imo. Gw2s one for me isn't like OMG NINTENDO 64! But it does take everything that either sucks or it's pretty "meh" from other games and make it sweet or at least a "sugar coat". Such as being able to swap without losing progression, the non-competing nodes (which isn't crafting per-se but it's a strong reason to why I do it even more), discoveries are actually fun, the good good exp coming from it, speed up as you make more items of the same kind, crafting tables linked to the bank and can craft directly from there, and literally like a lot of useful items to craft at max level (Most games is like You are ranged Dps? X Glove is the best and that's it. Few recipes are actually used). Anyways, really. It's not big of a deal but it's probably the best experience out there.

Pros:
    No monthly fee
    Easy to pick up-drop at any time
    Rewarding no matter what you do
    Jumping Puzzles
    Graphics/Artwork
    Classes/Weapons/Traits/Utilities synergy
    Being B2P and having a "Cash Shop" but still really no pay2win
    Monthly Updates with considerable content (for no monthly fee)
    Customization options (lots of Dyes)
    Friendly Community (Yep, Im putting it out there)
    Game Feels Alive (Specially the cities)
    Lore
    No Mods
    Nice AH (world wide)
    I love that your name is unique
    Leveling experience is fun (Events)

Cons:
    Everything above while still a Pro has it's Cons in a way. It's a fairly new game and as any and most MMO's progresses a lot from launch.
    Some imbalances in pvp and poor use of some weapons/builds
    Pvp content is lacking on updates (to be seen next 2 months)
    Magic Find (Yes, Also putting it out there, just hate it lol)
    Some bugs that could have been fixed by now
    Bad Condition Damage System
    I think there could be an improvement on most Skills Tooltips and some UI improvements.

There is more of course on both sides. Just can't think of it all right now.
    Last edited by Zilong; 2013-02-03 at 06:31 AM.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but music from Jeremy Soule is also a good pro I think Unless you absolutely hate his music...

Hi i am dissapointed of this game that imho launch whit a big hype that makes me to buy it whitouth researching a bit more, and now i felt something like "Dude i want my money back"

Cons

-No mounts, one of the best things of this games is grind for your beatiful mounts and make other ppl jeallous
    -No dungeon finder, you have to wait like 30-40 minutes outside of the dungeon calling for group (low level dungeons)
    -Dungeon bosses are easy, they are chaotic and no loot centric, for some ppl this is good, but a very big fan of fighting for my loot.
    -They dont have any raids because they consider that outdoor bosses are endgame content, those fights only require to make dps and avoid red circles that is all.
    -I dont felt my char development right, once you unlock all your weapons and buy all skill you say "and now what"
    -Skill dont have any rotation or cycle, developers wanted like that, but this make the game combat skill boring imo.
    -No loot centric again XD, his endgame loot is only cosmethical, you can buy that whit gold...
    -Too cassual, i want game who make feel chalenged, i love my raid nights, even when they are full of stresss XD.
    -I dont like sylvary nor asura.
    -Lore is dont interestating for me.

Pros

-Beatiful graphics.
    -Best character customization ever.
    -Hell chiks are beatiful.
    -Char are awesome.
    -Cinematics and intro are of a great quality.
    -For ppl new to the mmo or cassual this game must be good.
    -High level armor looks beatiful , cause they are only cosmethical

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FREDREX View Post
    Hi i am dissapointed of this game that imho launch whit a big hype that makes me to buy it whitouth researching a bit more, and now i felt something like "Dude i want my money back"

Cons

-No mounts, one of the best things of this games is grind for your beatiful mounts and make other ppl jeallous
    -No dungeon finder, you have to wait like 30-40 minutes outside of the dungeon calling for group (low level dungeons)
    -Dungeon bosses are easy, they are chaotic and no loot centric, for some ppl this is good, but a very big fan of fighting for my loot.
    -They dont have any raids because they consider that outdoor bosses are endgame content, those fights only require to make dps and avoid red circles that is all.
    -I dont felt my char development right, once you unlock all your weapons and buy all skill you say "and now what"
    -Skill dont have any rotation or cycle, developers wanted like that, but this make the game combat skill boring imo.
    -No loot centric again XD, his endgame loot is only cosmethical, you can buy that whit gold...
    -Too cassual, i want game who make feel chalenged, i love my raid nights, even when they are full of stresss XD.
    -I dont like sylvary nor asura.
    -Lore is dont interestating for me.

Pros

-Beatiful graphics.
    -Best character customization ever.
    -Hell chiks are beatiful.
    -Char are awesome.
    -Cinematics and intro are of a great quality.
    -For ppl new to the mmo or cassual this game must be good.
    -High level armor looks beatiful , cause they are only cosmethical
    didn't you post the exact same thing yesterday, or can i look into the future?

Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    didn't you post the exact same thing yesterday, or can i look into the future?
    By looking at your eye I know you can look into the future.

Deleted
    haha, no lelouch has the geass to controll people

Deleted
    Pros:

- No subscription fee
    - Regularly updates
    - Casual play friendly
    - Wide variety of play systems
    - Accessible gameplay
    - Horizontal advancement
    - Superb art direction
    - Superb sound design
    - Non linear 'questing'
    - Limited gearing cycle

Cons:
    - Limited vanity & cosmetic options (same type to same type reskins only, cosmetic clothes only usable out of combat)
    - Twitch based combat might not be for everyone (very much an action game first, MMORPG second)
    - Limited UI and customization options (can't move abilities on the hotbar, for example)
    Pretty much this, but only

Pros:

- No subscription fee
    - Regularly updates
    - Casual play friendly
    - Accessible gameplay
    - Horizontal advancement
    - Superb art direction
    - Superb sound design

Cons:
    - Limited vanity & cosmetic options (same type to same type reskins only, cosmetic clothes only usable out of combat)
    - Twitch based combat might not be for everyone (very much an action game first, MMORPG second)
    - Limited UI and customization options (can't move abilities on the hotbar, for example)
    - MINIMAL variety of play systems

It seems there are lot of different possible playstyles...but to be honest, everything plays the same and there is no big variety

- Non linear 'questing'

Something I don't like...you did that part of the quest? Fine, you can do the next part in 4 levels after grinding the same Dynamical Events

- Limited gearing cycle

Compared with bad PvE endgame beside PvP in the endgame nothing great to do, without gearing I would not care for PvE

Keep in mind, my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    pretty sure he knows that
    Yes I figured it meant Diminishing Returns but I still don't know what is so bad about it in GW2. That's the thing. 2 one liners don't explain a problem folks. They explain your opinion, and that's about it. I play this game very casual and enjoy every single minute of it but that doesn't mean I know everything about it. Far from it!

Deleted
    While I like GW2 I...dunno, I haven't played it for months. No idea why, I just don't feel compelled to any more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Its a MMORPG with ARPG elements indeed. Call it MMOARPG if you will.

No mods is a valid concern, the importance of it is quite subjective. Not able to move abilities is wrong though. True, you cannot easily equip a different weapon except for switch weapon. Howebever with Heal, Utility, and Elite skill if you press the arrow above the skill then you get a popup where you can switch it around. The ones you've taught are available, and the ones you haven't yet are greyed out. So, no, you can't move abilities on the hotbar, but it isn't required to switch utilities. I also find the dragging rather archaic, unfriendly in other (MMO)(A)RPGs.

- MINIMAL variety of play systems

It seems there are lot of different possible playstyles...but to be honest, everything plays the same and there is no big variety
    Theorycrafting has this effect. How many valid specs/builds does every class have?

- Limited gearing cycle

Compared with bad PvE endgame beside PvP in the endgame nothing great to do, without gearing I would not care for PvE
    Lack of endgame would be your con, I guess. For me it is without a doubt a Pro tho.

Something I don't like...you did that part of the quest? Fine, you can do the next part in 4 levels after grinding the same Dynamical Events
    I am level 55 now on my my main, and I am yet to grind DE. All I do is hearts in the zone I am. Yes, sometimes I don't know where to go, but then I reinvent myself and figure out. Yes, I've done some DE twice, but then I was too high level to do a heart I skipped. If anything, the game is about finding the heart you long for.
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2013-02-03 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    Pro: no monthly fee, some nice new elements to MMO genre
    Con: I have one character, level 5 and I just can't get into the game, can't even bring myself to login and it upsets me.

You'll find a much more accurate account of what the people that actually enjoy GW2 see in the game on http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/. The side bar has "useful links" and "guides" categories. Asking MMOC is like asking a football player his opinion of baseball. They might have tried it, but they haven't put in enough hours to give you the positive impression it deserves.

I have 921 hours logged into the game since the headstart and I still love it. No end game is a very incorrect statement; all they're telling you is that there is not much stat progression after you get exotics @80. Some players are lost without that very linear progression. But there is still so, so much that I have not done and I really enjoy the freedom that comes with it.

Pros - The open world has amazing level of detail content wise. Some of the jumping puzzles most ppl never get to experience are breath taking to put it simply. It's very good roaming MMO. And I actually like the lore/story telling in the game. Prefere it over TOR where everything is too slow paced for example.

Cons - I am inclined to say that the main con is lack of mounts. I used to think it's no biggie with all the waypoints, but to discover the waypoints you have to run around a lot and more importantly when you are hunting for events often it takes too long to get to any. Another con is the skill system is not deep enough. The fixed skills for weapons lack the magic skills in GW1 had.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughts Skyway View Post
    I have 921 hours logged into the game since the headstart and I still love it. N
    All bow down to naughts he has put in 921 hours and therefore has the right to tell everyone who has played less they are innacurate, wrong and to not pay any attention to them.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naughts Skyway View Post
    Asking MMOC is like asking a football player his opinion of baseball. They might have tried it, but they haven't put in enough hours to give you the positive impression it deserves.
    Im neither a football player nor a baseball player but I can tell you I dont find baseball interesting, what a ludicrous idea that you have to be a professional to have an opinion. Basically even though I have clocked up about 100 hours of GW2 playtime my opinion is invalid because it doesnt give the positive opinion YOU think it deserves. I have 1000s of hours clocked across multiple mmo's and I dont think that makes my opinion any more or less invalid than others im not that presumptuous.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-02-04 at 03:41 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Cons - I am inclined to say that the main con is lack of mounts. I used to think it's no biggie with all the waypoints, but to discover the waypoints you have to run around a lot and more importantly when you are hunting for events often it takes too long to get to any.
    I think the point of running around and discovering waypoints is...well...that's a lot of what the game is centered on. On your feet exploration. It's one of the highlights.

Regarding events, there's normally a waypoint in the immediate vicinity of just about everything. If you are max level and running events, you are going to tend to hang around where they happen...just not really seeing it here.

I get it that people are used to being speed demons in every other game, it's why I hate mounts in SWTOR b/c they feel damn slow to me, but this is just a different style. Adding mounts to the game will remove a lot of what makes this one special.
    BAD WOLF

my issue with GW2...not looking forward to leveling my elementalist or mesmer since I got insanely bored of my thief at level 50 and stopped playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    How is that a highlight, exactly? There's no exploration, they're all right there on your map anyway. No discovery going on here.

"Exploration" was one of the much-hyped things in this game that just didn't pan out for the most part. The zone layouts saw to that.
    exploring is one of the best aspect of the game 0.o! every time i explore a new zone i look for all the little secret and last time i found:

it was so awesome!

How about you get a bind-on-account "mount" or any similar speed increase as a reward for completing 100% of the map?
    Yes, exploring stuff is awesome but the novelty wears off really fast after your first or second character...

Idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I think the point of running around and discovering waypoints is...well...that's a lot of what the game is centered on. On your feet exploration. It's one of the highlights.

Regarding events, there's normally a waypoint in the immediate vicinity of just about everything. If you are max level and running events, you are going to tend to hang around where they happen...just not really seeing it here.

I get it that people are used to being speed demons in every other game, it's why I hate mounts in SWTOR b/c they feel damn slow to me, but this is just a different style. Adding mounts to the game will remove a lot of what makes this one special.
    I do agree that it is all about roaming, but sometimes the density of occuring evens on map is just damn too low, which means you have your daily almost complete and you are running around looking for events and you get nothing. 10, 20 minutes later you are still roaming and it would feel much better if you could do so more effectively on the back of something.

And waypoints are everywhere, but there are two problems with that. One is often you don't see events on map that are too far away and on map where you haven't discovered the waypoints yet looking for events can be way too slow.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.