Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone else remember Super Mario RPG?

Came across this article the other day, 8 Reasons To Replay Super Mario RPG, and it brought back some fond, fond memories from Nintendo and Squaresoft's team up back in 1996.

One of the last games released during the SNES' tenure and also the best. Definitely a gateway game in terms of introducing me to the world of RPGs; everything from the music, to the character designs to the time-based hit system was an absolute delight. Geno's one character that I'd love to see implemented in today's game market. (I know Square Enix has the rights to him now, which is why we haven't seen him in a while.)

What were some of your favorite moments?

10+ Year Old Account
    The forest maze bgm, amazingly good.

I LOVE that game. Still remember shouting with joy when I managed to kill Culex for the first time.

Yeah it's a great game. I got my snes back recently and I'll be playing through it again soon. Working on CT right now and will probably do Lufia 2 after that

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I do. I had a box that had many things in it. Among them was a mint 1963 xmen, unopened Chrono Trigger, FF3, Secret of Evermore, Super Mario RPG, Zelda A Link to the past, rare Magic the Gathering cards and many other keepsakes for me. My ex wife left me because I couldn't afford her shopping habits and bills and thought leaving me would make me have more money, idk, her dad spoiled her. And it drove her crazy that I didnt give in. So I came hoem from work one day and my goody box in smoldering in the backyard where she burned it to hurt me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

One of the best RPG's of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Yes I do. I had a box that had many things in it. Among them was a mint 1963 xmen, unopened Chrono Trigger, FF3, Secret of Evermore, Super Mario RPG, Zelda A Link to the past, rare Magic the Gathering cards and many other keepsakes for me. My ex wife left me because I couldn't afford her shopping habits and bills and thought leaving me would make me have more money, idk, her dad spoiled her. And it drove her crazy that I didnt give in. So I came hoem from work one day and my goody box in smoldering in the backyard where she burned it to hurt me.
    I don't want to live in this world anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I don't want to live in this world anymore
    I just kinda cried. Almost all of it is not replaceable within reason for me anymore. I think the comic and entire sets of alpha and beta MTG sets is what got me.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

I played a few of the Paper Mario games and really enjoyed them -- but they're more of a slight homage to Super Mario RPG than anything; I wish Square and Nintendo would get together to make more of a direct sequel to the game. One day, perhaps.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    She could have had at least had the courtesy to lay down in the box amidst your items as kindling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    I played a few of the Paper Mario games and really enjoyed them -- but they're more of a slight homage to Super Mario RPG than anything; I wish Square and Nintendo would get together to make more of a direct sequel to the game. One day, perhaps.
    That would be awesome if they did. But I don't see Square doing it now. It seems they are having a hard time putting together a decent FF game of any kind these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    The forest maze bgm, amazingly good.
    So many great tunes! Smithy Final Battle, Sad Theme, Culex (FF4 boss), Armed Boss, Mushroom Kingdom, Rose Town, Forest Maze...I could go on and on!

Super Mario RPG was one of the first games I ever played. <3
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2013-02-01 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 01:24 PM ----------

She could have had at least had the courtesy to lay down in the box amidst your items as kindling.
    She left because she thought I would get "physical" when I saw it. All I did was sit there for like 5 hours in my car wondering why it happened. But she got hers though. Our divorce lawyer was someone her dad knew and she thought she had it easy. And openly told the judge why she did what she did. The judge said you did this to a man who paid $1400 a month for a house, $550 for your car each month and all the other bills and stuff you do, because he didnt have money to burn afterwards? She said yep and more or less got ass reamed by the judge.

Had it for a really really long time until Hurricane Sandy destroyed all my old game systems along with all the games

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    So many great tunes! Smithy Final Battle, Sad Theme, Culex (FF4 boss), Armed Boss, Mushroom Kingdom, Rose Town, Forest Maze...I could go on and on!

Super Mario RPG was one of the first games I ever played. <3
    I always liked the mid-boss battle theme myself. Great soundtrack all around though!

Quote Originally Posted by -Sj View Post
    I always liked the mid-boss battle theme myself. Great soundtrack all around though!
    Such a bad-ass tune. Been listening to that on repeat for the last 20 minutes here at work.

Such a bad-ass tune. Been listening to that on repeat for the last 20 minutes here at work.
    Haha just try to keep your head on straight and not jump on anyone or go after them with a giant hammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Sj View Post
    Haha just try to keep your head on straight and not jump on anyone or go after them with a giant hammer.
    I just realized your avatar and sig is from number munchers.

I have totally forgotten about the game, time to go see if I can find my snes and the game, I sense a re-play coming.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Downloaded snes emulator in order for me to play my childhood games. It felt nice to play those games again.

I still think SMB 3 was the best.