Poll: The most pointless and annoying faction in WoW

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The most pointless and annoying faction in WoW

Hi everyone.

Today i started thinking, "Man, Shen'dralar really sucked. Unique librams and BoP materials to turn in for 250 reputation. I'm glad it's gone."
    Then i came here and tought... which one is the most useless, pointless, annyoing (from a grind/turn-ins perspective) of all WoW?

Take into account:
    -Meanings to raise rep (repeatable quests, killing mobs, dungeons...)
    -Rewards at exalted
    -Overall, how frustrating it is to deal with said faction
    -Whatever springs to mind

You can also reply with "dumbed-down" factions (like Darkmoon Faire pre-nerf) or factions no longer in game, and explaining why you think so; but please, vote just for those reputations you farmed yourself! Too easy to say exalted Bloodsail Buccaneers is a pain if you never did it!

For me, it'd be Brood of Nozdormu at level 85, with crappy gear. I never really liked the way you earn reputation with them, and at the end i was like "Ahahah yeah!". Too bad the dragon went "GG, take this ring, bye". It was also frustrating, because first boss was a pain to solo for hunters, and overall i couldn't still deal with Bug Trio, let alone Twin Emperors.

Nat Pagle also looks like an eeeeendless griiiiind, but i cannot force myself to farm it, so i'll leave it alone.

EDIT: added poll. By "Alliance Forces", i also mean "Horde Forces" (at least i suppose that's how it's called, always been alliance...). This includes Brawler Guilds.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2013-02-01 at 07:47 PM.

Deleted
    Probably the Alliance

I was only joking guys, I play Alliance myself, just a little tease. Didn't mean to cause offense and apologies if I did.
    Last edited by mmoca0dbd288a6; 2013-02-07 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna say most of the classic raid factions, like Hydraxian Waterlords...can only get rep at this point by killing the bosses in MC once a week for a small amount of rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    RAVENHOLDT is definitely the most annoying one to level up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sporeggar imo. A tabard that bad at the end of the tunnel doesn't give me much in the way of an incentive.

I voted for the Bloodsail Buccaneers. I wanted the title so I farmed booty bay guards for a long time, and for the longest time I got attacked when I entered the city. Really pointless and I wonder why I ever helped them.

Nat Pagle.

Hydraxian may be worthless now, but if you played at level, it was hard to NOT be exalted by the time AQ40 was out, much less end of Vanilla.

Agreed about things like Ravenholdt/Shendralar, but they were at least serving to get a FoS (which, you KNEW it was going to be an INSANE grind on the way there...).

Nat Pagle, on the other hand, only rewards the BoA fishing tome (which isn't even free!). Sounds good on paper, except that (until the 5.2 nerfs/changes go live) you could level 2-3 toons from 0-600 fishing before you could gain the rep needed to get to "best friend" status with Nat. Literally, the drop rate on the fish is so low, AND the fact that it's gated behind a daily turn in mean that unless you'e just doing the rep for the achiv, you could easily powerlevel fishing on that alt from 0-600 before you even got halfway done with Nat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Voted Timbermaw Hold because a lot of those factions have ties to exclusive achievements and provide interesting rewards. So yeah, either Timbermaw or Brood, but even Brood helped with gear. Timbermaw gives you a silly trinket.

Though I think Hydraxian Waterlords is probably the most useless. A pain in the butt to reach exalted, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Where's Ogri'la? Fuck that faction. I'd rather grind Ravenholt again. (Ravenholt is supposed to be a fiesta of ass-ness)

Ogri'la... just... I'm probably making bad memories seem worse with time.

None of the Mists factions come even close.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Screw the golden lotus. Not even farming my insane tittle was so annoying, at least I farmed for something.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warsong gultch and arathi basin factions for either side.
    Last edited by Lethey Alexandros; 2013-02-01 at 08:01 PM.

No Ogrilla? the single WORST faction i have ever had the misfortune of grinding.

Explorer's League not sure why we got rep for them.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    ...Where's Ogri'la? Fuck that faction. I'd rather grind Ravenholt again. (Ravenholt is supposed to be a fiesta of ass-ness)

At least Ogri'la was fun and people was up for pvp :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I wanna say most of the classic raid factions, like Hydraxian Waterlords...can only get rep at this point by killing the bosses in MC once a week for a small amount of rep.
    I wanted to vote for Hydraxian Waterlords too, but then i remembered... i got to exalted without even noticing, while farming for legendaries. It was indeed a pointless faction already, but not painful to level up.

Also, i added Ravenholdt because... it's Ravenholdt, but every Insane here will remember that glorious feeling when the achievement popped up on the screen. That wiped away all the agony of the grind.

(Sorry if i didn't add Sporeggar, Ogri'la or gnomes, but polls support a maximum of 15 options)
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2013-02-01 at 08:02 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ooo pearlfyn jinyu, there is no point to their rep..no quartermaster at all

Where is sporegar? both annoying to level, and crappy rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    ooo pearlfyn jinyu, there is no point to their rep..no quartermaster at all
    I suppose they fall under the "Explorer's League" category and are a cosmetic reputation, just to show you the fish-men appreciated your work in the Jade Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post

That capture the nether rays daily is damn near impossible for some classes/races at level 90. Back when I did it at 85 on my warrior I could at least go into def stance for the reduction to AP so I didn't one shot them with my fists after I took my weapons off and switch to my much lower item level and thus lower strength tank gears.

Oh and that simon daily can go burn in hell.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.