Poll: The most pointless and annoying faction in WoW

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think all those people voting for Nat Pagle don't even know what the Syndicate is. Otherwise Nat Pagle would not be that high ^^

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Historically, Darkmoon Faire.

In recent memory (MoP + Cata), Earthern Ring. I mean really, they did next to nothing and the only way to level them was through dungeon grinding.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    i feel like all of these factions somehow contribute to the moving of the game's storyline at some point, except nat pagle & friends. his existence is just perpetual, auxiliary fluff and i'm fine with that.
    Syndicate, Ravenholdt, and Explorer's League are the only 3 on that list that were totally useless. The others had epics, special questlines, or were mandatory to do a raid.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Where is the "Silvermoon City" option?

Deleted
    Darkmoon Faire

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Where is the "Silvermoon City" option?
    You mean the current faction for BElves? It has the same rewards of any city.

There was a "Silvermoon Remnant" faction that was added then removed a month later.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Shang Xi's Academy, if it counts. I hate how I will never be able to fill up all exalted bars of MoP reputations because of that one faction.

Deleted
    Hydraxian Waterlords.

...I'm sorry, but what do they even do, anyway? xD

Deleted
    I'm curious as to why I was infracted for saying The Alliance, two people mentioning the Horde and one saying Horde/Alliance were not. I don't really mind the 5 points as they expire in days and I perfectly well accept I shouldn't have posted it, but why me and not others? I don't want to dispute the infraction process or anything, I'm just curious.

Deleted
    Nat Pagle, 100% Nat Pagle!

Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    Hydraxian Waterlords.

...I'm sorry, but what do they even do, anyway? xD
    Way back in the days of yesteryears the Waterlords rep was required to get an Essence that would extinguish the runes of the Firelords in Molten Core. You actually had to have at least 8 or so people exaulted to put them all out because of a long cooldown on the item. That was pretty much it, just a pacing mechanic of sorts. The farming for dark iron fire+ gear was another that made that place a grind fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    I think all those people voting for Nat Pagle don't even know what the Syndicate is. Otherwise Nat Pagle would not be that high ^^
    I was thinking the same thing. Same for people who voted Hydraxian Waterlords. Clearly they haven't a clue what it stood for or what it did for you.
    Nat Pagle is annoying to get rep for and for what?? But atleast you get something. The Syndicate however... and perhaps Ravenhold... what do you get for those?

Deleted
    I did most of them, but holy fuck

Nothing infuriates me more then the Ogri'la and those fuckers are not even listed ? So much hate for them, I want this tribe of ogre's to be exterminated.

3 dailies, everyone grants you 150 - 200 Rep, they are pointless till no fuckin end, they dont have decent rewards BUT they grant you an achievement, to this day, I'm not exalted with those scumbag fag Ogre douches who say I have to kill more demons, moar moar moar.

And don't forget about this Gnome girl who tells me day after day I have to catch MORE Aetherfangrays or whatevery they are called. _DO IT YOURSELF_

Rant over. I hate those guys with all my heart.

If I had to chose from the list, Darkmoon Fair, Shendra'lar and the classic Troll faction where you had to give them Gurubashi coins.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Shen'dralar were a totally wasted implementation that had promise. The idea of factions in vanilla was never really fleshed out until about the time of the War Effort (ah, remember those days when everyone did their part?). The Argent Dawn and Cenarion Circle kind of came to represent the earliest incarnation of factions with a purpose. Factions like the Hydraxian Waterlords seemed like an afterthought or a weak gating method.

But, if I had to pick the most pointless faction(s) of all time, I guess I'd have to go with the Gelkis and Magram centaur clans. What was the point of that? Like Desolace wasn't already the shittiest, ugliest, most annoying zone to quest in already? They had to add centaur factions that required up and down grinding just to complete all the quests in the zone for some green chest armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I'm curious as to why I was infracted for saying The Alliance, two people mentioning the Horde and one saying Horde/Alliance were not. I don't really mind the 5 points as they expire in days and I perfectly well accept I shouldn't have posted it, but why me and not others? I don't want to dispute the infraction process or anything, I'm just curious.
    Probably the way it was phrased -- unless I get infracted too! Yipe! Pretty sure you're supposed to take this up in private rather than in public like this though.

Edit: Misunderstood this thread.
    Last edited by Aeryana; 2013-02-07 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Voted Timbermaw Hold because a lot of those factions have ties to exclusive achievements and provide interesting rewards. So yeah, either Timbermaw or Brood, but even Brood helped with gear. Timbermaw gives you a silly trinket.

Though I think Hydraxian Waterlords is probably the most useless. A pain in the butt to reach exalted, too.
    Timbermaw Hold had 2 extremely good enchanting recipes (plus some others, tailoring if I recall), hardly useless! Those enchanting recipes are still usefull today for BoA weapons.

The Desolace Centaur clans. Could you even get exalted?

Imo, Syndicate and the Desolate Factions.
    I have no idea why they even exist :<

Needs more Magram and Gelkis Clan Centaur factions in the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Same for people who voted Hydraxian Waterlords. Clearly they haven't a clue what it stood for or what it did for you.
    Nat Pagle is annoying to get rep for and for what?? But atleast you get something. The Syndicate however... and perhaps Ravenhold... what do you get for those?
    you get the glory and reverence of azeroth's sexiest ninja cult. i'm down with it.
    Sig by Populaire

Ogri'la, a thousand times Ogri'la. Though going by only the choices above Ravenholdt.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa