Poll: Would you watch E-Sports if they were on TV?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It would depend on the game, but mostly on how entertaining the sports caster can be. I think if I was going to watch e sports, i'd like it as maybe a 1 hour a week show that show cased interesting matches, but I wouldn't want to watch a full game play out, after a short while i'd probably start to wonder why I was watching instead of going and playing an actual game.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by nachoo View Post
    they're called VIDEO GAMES.
    Just stop arguing with him. You're not likely to change his mind, he's more interested in insulting people than holding any real debate. I'm sure he'll insult me for this post as well, but as his words hold no weight whatsoever with me I couldn't possibly care less.

*shrug* They could make the games interesting to watch, but there'd need to be a lot more background, and the right games.... take my example of the poker world championship. There's a lot more to that show than just watching people play poker. Find games that require intellect and skill, and demonstrate that the people playing them are actually doing something that can be challenging, and then present it in an entertaining way (ie not just a live stream), and it could be very interesting.

It would have to be done really well. And hosted by a girl with massive tits. Just being honest.

If we could try to lower the hate, anger, insults, and such... that would be greatly appreciated.
    I think everyone will benefit from a calm, constructive discussion more so than the opposite.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    It would have to be done really well. And hosted by a girl with massive tits. Just being honest.
    How about lots of girls with massive tits
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

I'd watch LoL tourny's on my TV because the commentator's are awesome and really make it feel intense. Atleast for the S2 finals they did, wouldn't watch WoW because watching someone else play wow is a bit boring :/

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't a market for it on any t.v. network, so no, I don't think so. There isn't even a market for shows talking about video games anymore, which is why G4 went to crap. Sure, someone could put it out there, but there isn't a profit for it. Reruns of Cops from the 90s would outperform any e-sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    If we could try to lower the hate, anger, insults, and such... that would be greatly appreciated.
    I think everyone will benefit from a calm, constructive discussion more so than the opposite.

Thanks.
    Don't say that to us Radux.... There is just too much flame bait going on here.

Don't bother trying to discuss that e-sports are real sports. They simply aren't, and most likely never will. Keep the games and sport apart.

I'd probably watch e-sports if it actually shows a game I like (which will be quite a while since I'm more of a singleplayer gamer ). I'd support such channel nonetheless.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt watch it just for the sake of watching it, but if it was a game that interrested me, i would defo watch it. I watch dota 2 tournaments all the time online, and i used to watch a lot of starcraft 2 aswell when i played that.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 02:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Don't bother trying to discuss that e-sports are real sports. They simply aren't, and most likely never will. Keep the games and sport apart.
    Ofcourse they're sports, why wouldnt they be ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

I play games to play games, not to watch other people play them. you can call pushing buttons on a keyboard or controller and using your head to do stuff in a video game a sport all you want, but it'll never be one to me. I guess it's just not really entertaining enough, or exciting enough.

considering the only game to reach at most 100k viewers is like, LoL on a MAJOR tournament, not regular games, no station would *ever* in many many many years, consider putting it on tv. It'll stay on the internet forever.

I have a feeling most people around here are not regular T.V. watchers.

no, when i was in korea i accidentaly went to the starcraft channel, pretty boring

No way. I like watching the major SC2 streams sometimes when a big tournament is on, but TV has way too many commercials.

Would depend on the title played. At least some use for that ridiculously expensive tv I bought I don't actually use.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd probably watch e-sports if it actually shows a game I like (which will be quite a while since I'm more of a singleplayer gamer ). I'd support such channel nonetheless.
    Thanks for the opinion, try to stay on topic please. I don't recall the OP asking of people's opinion on whether they think an esport is a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    Thanks for the opinion, try to stay on topic please. I don't recall the OP asking of people's opinion on whether they think an esport is a sport.
    If you actually read the bottom paragraph, You'd see that I actually was on topic..............

Depends on the game. I used to watch FPS e-competitions all the time, I'd probably watch something like that. Things like SC? Probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind seeing League of Legends or other E-sports in the moba genre. Starcraft 2 and other RTS might be interesting to watch as well.
    I don't think I could watch FPS for more than 5 or 10 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you actually read the bottom paragraph, You'd see that I actually was on topic..............
    "If there was an E-Sports channel equivalent to ESPN would you watch it? What games would you like to see? And what kinds of shows might be interesting enough to draw in non-gamers?

If there were an E-sports channel on television, it would be the only thing on my television ever.... well except when I'm playing my own video games. My personal favorite E-sport is Starcraft 2, but I also think League of Legends and Call of Duty would do well too. For programs other than live games, I think stuff like Day[9]'s Funday Monday would be fairly entertaining."

Did he ask if you thought e-sport = sport?