Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ahaha, the french guy in my flat is gonna get a laughing at when I next see him. Great games all round and I hope the rest of the tournament is as good.

I'm gonna go with England
    Ireland
    Wales
    Italy
    Scotland
    France

Bottom 3 is gonna be an interesting one though

15+ Year Old Account
    Ireland vs England game will indeed be a very important game. However from past experience they've been mostly games won by penalty kicks with hardly any tries, hoping each team really goes for it instead of playing it safe.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think this Sunday's game will already decide who is going to win the tournament, I know it's rather early but it's just the feeling I'm getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Ireland vs England game will indeed be a very important game. However from past experience they've been mostly games won by penalty kicks with hardly any tries, hoping each team really goes for it instead of playing it safe.
    Ireland v England is going to be a real hard fought game, should be a cracker to watch.

Ireland v England's got potential to be one of the closest games in the championship this year, will be a brutal match to watch you get the feeling.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    Kinda hilarious looking at the physique difference between Rugby players and NFL players.

Kinda makes it look like steroids are blatantly obviously used in the NFL.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting Scotland to beat Italy by that much, I was expecting a much closer match especially after Italy's win last week.

Didn't expect to see Scotland put that big a score down against Italy, damn being asleep I missed it, but will catch a replay in iPlayer later, although if I'm being honest looked like 2 clear interception tries but from the stats some good tackling work - still a few too many penalties being given away, but I'll take todays result all day long.

Deleted
    Excellent final 10 mins by Wales v France. Solid try+conversation with an amazing defence until the end.

Finishing at 16-6 in favor of Wales.

Deleted
    Band playing "I Vow to Thee, My Country".

Love it. Anthems time!

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 03:00 PM ----------

Shipping off to Boston now blasting in the stadium Awesome.

This one's going to be tight, but Ireland are making too many mistakes, pretty grim looking day though so was not likely to be a good flowing play day, I've nothing against anthems time, but with respects that today was nonsense, far too much time between coming out & kicking off.

Deleted
    Brilliant. Conceding a penalty because of a terrible call by the referee.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't get to see much of the game but judging by the score I fear my predictions of it being won by 'whoever gets the most penalties' was true. Nice to see England win, but I guess it could have been more entertaining?

Now Ireland have been beaten I'm starting to think England can go for the Grand Slam. I'm not going to underestimate the games against France and Wales though, or even Italy, as they've proven to be able to pull stunts!
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-02-10 at 05:50 PM.

Think that its englands championship now. Shame the match was so poor, I didn't care who won but would have loved a great match, but it never really came. O well not all matchs can be classics and there is still a lot more to come, hopefully there will be some good matchs coming up

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Think that its englands championship now. Shame the match was so poor, I didn't care who won but would have loved a great match, but it never really came. O well not all matchs can be classics and there is still a lot more to come, hopefully there will be some good matchs coming up
    England vs Ireland games are often won by penalties it seems, or that's the impression I get from the last years I've watched these matches. I remember Ireland vs England was the last game I think 2 years ago, if England won they got the grand slam, and Ireland won it pretty much the same way England won this years match. I'm sure the other games to come will be more entertaining, the ones with Italy in are sometimes surprisingly the best ones, mainly because they're considered the underdogs I guess and they just completely go for it.

Yesterday was not a day for anything other than penalties, the ball was too slippery to be any danger of a try scoring match - although Ireland really didn't help their cause by giving England penalties in their own half, can't do that when you've got the kid Farrell kicking as well as that. (might just be my own perception, but jesus does that boy have an arrogant look about him) I know I'm sounding like a broken record here, but I'd be wary of the French, 2 defeats on the bounce they're bound to be looking for a reaction in a fortnight so could be a very dangerous prospect, even at Twickenham. I certainly wouldn't have seen the French being rock bottom of the lot though, hence I think they're going to give someone a solid kicking - just pray it's England and not Scotland....

Did have the notion of stating my displeasure at Brian Moore being used by the BBC - but figure that would be a little too much, it's clear when it comes to this it's mostly because I hated him as a player & he bursts me as a pundit, still, could be worse, could be that personalty void that is Gavin Hastings instead....

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah as I said, I'm not going to underestimate any of the remaining England opponents, France will definitely be looking to make a comeback.

God damn England arent playing that great here.

How many of talk to the TV and do the actions to signify fouls? I sit here and finding myself doing the ref action for showing a knock-on. Anyone else like that?

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 07:44 PM ----------

Game of two halves, that was much much better from England in the second half, just strangled Frances game and scored the points we needed to score. I think we deserved that win really.

Deleted
    Well earned victory for England, France fell apart after the substitutions. With Ireland to play next France are staring down the barrel of 0-4, and possibly a last placed finish.

French doing their best to shock the hell out of me by going 0 for 3!