Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

6 Nations Rugby 2013

So, 6 Nations tournament starting tomorrow, as like the Football Season thread maybe people interested in Rugby would like to predict who is going to win and lose and if we'll see a Grand Slam this year. I've not been following the teams that much, the only recent thing I saw was that the English team was performing quite well, so I'll just have a random go at my Winners to Losers table:

1. England (you think I'm a little hopeful? ;P)
    2. Wales
    3. Ireland
    4. France
    5. Scotland
    6. Italy

I predict no grand slam this year.

I'm personally hoping my list is wrong and that we see some surprises, like Italy not ending last for example.

Anyway, looking forward to Wales vs Ireland tomorrow, should be a cracker of a game, and I'll be rooting for the Welsh! And then England vs Scotland after... no need to say who I'll be rooting for there :P
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-02-01 at 09:30 PM.

Deleted
    I'd hope that England end up winners after their victory over the All Blacks in the autumn, though performances against South Africa and Australia were disappointing. I can see Scotland finishing dead last. Italy had a good showing against Australia and some decent results last year, so I could see them beating Scotland.

I really want England to come with the kinda performance that demolished New Zealand. Honestly Scotland at home as well should pretty much be a guaranteed win so thats a good thing.

Deleted
    Wales are being violated at the moment. Let off here though, they should have kept the pressure on rather than kicking for goal.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 02:01 PM ----------

What an amazing bit of skill for that try. Absolutely incredible.

Deleted
    They're struggling with basics:line outs,passing and scrums.So If they are not last this year I will be surprised.

Oh man, turned on at half-time. This is a right mauling, Ireland have to be one of the favourites this year, theyre normally pretty consistent at least.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 03:38 PM ----------

And conceding a try within 3minutes of kick off wont help, this is gonna go 50+ if this carries on.

Deleted
    Wales are looking better here, but Ireland should hold out. And I still can't get over this try.

Deleted
    Was meant to be going to Cardiff to watch the match. Glad I didn't waste my money now. Hope Ireland win it this year seeing as we haven't got a chance in hell.

Well at least Wales came to life after losing that early 2nd half try, just threw the game away in the first half.

Deleted
    Lost hope at the end of first half but they revitalized my spirit with that second half performance, if only they performed as well in the first and we'd already be on the road to another grand slam. Too bad but it's not over yet, they can still give France a good run in the next match.

Not too bothered, 3 grand slams in 7 years is insanely good for one team. 2005-2008-2012.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2013-02-02 at 03:36 PM.

I think a lot of people are looking at Scotland's autumn results and not seeing big pictures, Scotland created scoring chances in those tests but just failed to convert when they were in the opposition's 5m line - while I don't see us winning the competition, I think it's dangerous to write us off so easily. As per usual with Scotland it's handling errors which are our bogey, they need to sort those out in order to do damage. I want to see us not back down from the English, get about them & set someone on their arse early doors & show them we don't give a fuck if they're England, we don't give a fuck about your reputation, we're here to play and guess what, we're pissed off and have a point to prove.

And just as I write this, Scotland score a try when they were on their own try line - like I said, don't write us off easily.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Well England win not surprising, coulda been tidier. At least looked aggressive going forward.

Deleted
    Comfortable victory in the end, didn't see anything from Scotland to suggest that they're going to trouble anybody, both tries were off of England errors rather than being created and I can still see Italy beating them.

By the same measure I don't see England being a danger, points from penalties & defensive lapses which Ireland, Wales & France won't cough up, England made good ground against us today and truth be told probably value for the 20 point lead but against the strong teams in this competition that's going to hurt England a LOT where mistakes aren't happening. Sorry to say it but England need to improve hugely if they want to win this tournament because where Scotland's defense stood strong against England they wound up giving away needless possession in the form of penalties in our 22. On the positive side for England their goal kicking as always was superb & they were willing to put the hard work in, momentum gained but Ireland at Landsdowne (or whatever the fudge they want to call it) will be a much bigger test than Scotland at Twickenham.

From Scotland I did see positives, some decent place kicking, bit of heart in them albeit til the legs gave out around 60 minutes & willing to fire in, this year was always a washout anyway, we knew that, but if we can get a few positive displays in this year, look towards a win against Italy next week at home & see how the new coaching setup works. Still a bit wary of Scott Johnson, not quite sure if he's crazy good or crazy bad - not all of his dogs are barking that's for sure - but if he can find what Robinson couldn't find he could have a core of good players for next year's championship.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    In all honest it will be the typical Scotland vs Italy match that will decide the Wooden Spoon.

Ireland appear favourites with England (mainly due to All Blacks win)

French all comes down to what French team has turned up this year, they can dominate or they end up costing themselves matches.

Wales are going be fighting for 3 place against France i would magine.

Zebo's backheel is wonderful.

England, traditionally errors are what hurt them, Brown got caught at least twice asleep from a Scottish kick conceding a penalty when he should of kicked.

15+ Year Old Account
    I only managed to see the first half of the Wales vs Ireland match, Ireland were absolutely dominating it, weird to see the score 23-30 for Ireland, at least Wales tried making a comeback.

Unfortunately I missed the England vs Scotland game too, but I was expecting England to win that as they did.

Ireland definitely look like contenders to win this year, I'm already stuffing my prediction in my mouth and eating it lol. If they play all their games like they did the first half of todays game, I'd even dare put my money on them getting the Grand Slam.

France and Italy tomorrow, hoping Italy can cause an upset like they did a few years ago (when they won by 1 point I believe), man that was an amazing game.

Deleted
    My somewhat hopeful prediction:

1) England -Being English and all I can hope
    2) France - If they actually turn up
    3) Ireland - Looking strong and could win the Grand Slam potentially
    4) Wales - Played better in the second half against Ireland and they are a strong team but I'm worried a long injury list might haunt them this year
    5) Italy - Easy to down paly them but they have consistently improved year on year and can cause upsets
    6) Scotland - Sadly I don't see them making much headway this year

That's my feeling. France can beat all of them if they bring their A game. Ireland and Wales are both looking strong but being English I still think we can do it... just about but it's going to be hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    What a game, Italy!!! I could feel they'd do it!

Haha Italy beating out France, time to find me some French man and let the mocking begin!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the most annoying thing about Wales is inconsistency, if we played like we did in the second half we would've slaughtered Ireland, but we got what we deserved for playing like crap. For the first time in a long time I'd say England are the favourites and not for some stupid reason, although there's only been 1 game I'd say it's their tournament to take. Depends how they do against Ireland, though. 2 horse race between Ireland and England imo.

Italy game was good to watch, always nice to see a clear underdog team really take it to the other and end up with the win. Wasn't going to be surprised if France snatched it in the last 1-2 mins with a converted try but glad they didn't!