Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoE Hc pet deaths

We've been progressing on WoE Hc 10 man. I'm in charge of controlling the rages with another hunter. Playing Survival with TotH and Blinkstrike. On several occasions my pet has died which is damn annoying, sometimes I res it with HotP and it dies again. I can't just stick it on the boss as I'm using Blink Strike to help me Dps the rages. I think my pet gets aggro and no growl is not on. Has anyone had similar problems, if so any solutions or tips for preventing this? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    We've been progressing on WoE Hc 10 man. I'm in charge of controlling the rages with another hunter. Playing Survival with TotH and Blinkstrike. On several occasions my pet has died which is damn annoying, sometimes I res it with HotP and it dies again. I can't just stick it on the boss as I'm using Blink Strike to help me Dps the rages. I think my pet gets aggro and no growl is not on. Has anyone had similar problems, if so any solutions or tips for preventing this? Thanks in advance.
    My pet never dies on that fight. It's either what you are doing or what the tank is doing. Do you have a log?

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

What's probably happening is when you use blink strike, the rages are rooted and when that happens they attack the closest target independent of who has aggro or who the rage is focused on. If I were you I'd switch toth for fervor and blink strike for lynx rush (you could use AMoC but that requires you to be really efficient with your focus and if only you and the other hunters are dealing with the rages, that's not a good idea) and just leave the pet on passive and have him stay on one of the bosses.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely because the rages gets rooted and attacks whoever is in melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by Erihs View Post
    Most likely because the rages gets rooted and attacks whoever is in melee range.

This is what's happening. 100%.

Don't use blink strike, put your pet on the boss, click defensive, and use AmOC on the bosses when it's ready. Much better.

I have almost 70 wipes (and 1 kill!) on this boss, and we do it with 3 hunters and never any pet was killed (what can not be said about hunters ;] ). But we don't use Blink Strike, it's huge dps lost. We all use AmoC and keepi it on bosses.

And logs might be useful to solve this problem. Maybe you have taunt on?

PS Tehstool check my bow ;P

Send your pet on the boss and use passive so the pet will stay on the poss the whole fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    Send your pet on the boss and use passive so the pet will stay on the poss the whole fight.
    Not the best solution. We use Spiders and their Web skill as another CC.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post

I guess if you don't have any other stuns, sure why not, but that's a dps loss compared to having them on the boss. Binding Shot, Remorseless Winter and other roots are enough for us.

I started of with LR, thought about Fevor over ToTH, went to blink strike just to make pet pathing easier. I'm guessing its the rooting. I'll be sticking my pet on passive, stick it on the boss and forget about it, much easier. I generally don't use BS much, but just thought to try it out last night. Thanks for the feedback.

If you are doing it 2 hunters u should be able to CC or soak every wave of rages - Scatter Shot into a Freezing trap.
    Last edited by Beoren; 2013-01-29 at 03:09 PM.

It's definitely a rooting issue with Entrapment in SV, I have to warn my melee when Entrapment is up so they don't run in and immediately get gibbed (we only usually have a DK on rages, so he just HB spams from wherever). Pet damage is negligible on rages in SV, like many have said there's no point in having it on the rages, keep it on the bosses. I would actually think blink strike is a detriment, because you want the rages to go down evenly.

And like someone has said, a trap + binding shot is pretty good for keeping the rages back. Sometimes when we get fancy our warlock tosses a shadowfury. When our feral is in, he likes to Ursol's vortex and typhoon just to play the "let's keep these guys humping the back wall" game. Our DK of course gorefiends them to one spot. Try leading your trap a bit (IE, putting it closer to the center), if I didn't, and our DK just gripped them into my trap, they'd just turn and gib him. Plus, leading the trap allows a slow ont he sparks as well which can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    If you are doing it 2 hunters u should be able to CC or soak every wave of rages - Scatter Shot into a Freezing trap.
    Hmm it gives 2 Rage in CC. What about other 2 4 rages every 30s. I'm raiding 25 man Of course there are people designated to cc. And these people have backup. But in 25 man in this fight a lot going on, so it's good to even have a replacement replacements A lot of things may go bad.
    I'm not going to discuss what is more difficult 10 or 25 in general. But this fight on 25 is way more complicated.
    Last edited by dzidek; 2013-01-30 at 07:45 AM.

Was of the opinion the the sparks couldn't be slowed when I asked our raid, obviously it appears they were mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Was of the opinion the the sparks couldn't be slowed when I asked our raid, obviously it appears they were mistaken.
    Concussive shot is very useful on this fight. For sparks/rages/courages. Small hint for Courages - shot concussive before he land, and before he cast shield. Instant slow by 50% from high range.

Deleted
    I take a ravager on wote and stick it the whole fight on the boss of our warrior. It boosts your tank's dps greatly and they're the ones who are really killing the boss after those frustrating 11min. It's also fun that you don't have to manage a crappy pet this way.
    Warrior/bear tank = ravager. Paladin tank = Raptor.

I did it on both the 10 and 25, and 10 is piece of cake
    All depends on your comp of soakers+cc/stun. Which is easier to make a good 10m from a 25m guild than a 10m.

I cut this piece of my post, not to insult people who are trying to kill it on 10 man. I did it on another char with different 10-man group, not 10 best guys from our 25 group. I killed it with my guild on 25 man. With 2 extremly bad geared DK alts and 1 mage ;]

But we are a little bit too much moving away from the topic.
    Last edited by dzidek; 2013-01-30 at 08:55 AM.

Hmm it gives 2 Rage in CC. What about other 2 4 rages every 30s. I'm raiding 25 man Of course there are people designated to cc. And these people have backup. But in 25 man in this fight a lot going on, so it's good to even have a replacement replacements A lot of things may go bad.
    I'm not going to discuss what is more difficult 10 or 25 in general. But this fight on 25 is way more complicated.
    thats not ture, u have shitloads more soakers and ppl who can cc. ask shamans / mages /druids / paladins .. u have alot more options..

And many more things that can go wrong Do you even attempt to do it on 25HC? And I said that is a lot more complicated and I did not say that it is much more difficult.
    Last edited by dzidek; 2013-01-30 at 09:30 AM.

And many more things that can go wrong Do you even attempt to do it on 25HC? And I said that is a lot more complicated and I did not say that it is much more difficult.
    thats a stupid argument, did YOU even tried it on 10man? u have a lot more options, in 10man if some1 is failing to soak u dont have much more options. in 25 u have alot more. really and u dont need the stupid spider webs.