Thread: Ps4

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Knowing the console is coming isn't that big of a deal. We've been pretty sure about that for a while now. Whats really important is the release lineup. Sony botched it bigtime with the Vita, they better have learned from that mistake.

My current line of thinking is the fact that we haven't heard anything substantial about TLG or Versus in the last couple years is not a coincidence.

Deleted
    the last guardian is likely with a ps4 announcement (still not convinced).. no chance about versus though imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xlightning View Post
    the current ones are light years away from computers already.

you cant be serious
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm not likely to buy it, but I hope it looks like:

Something like that would just blow my mind. I do think they're gonna announce the PS4 though, been a long while since PS3, even if we have had PS Vita.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    Something like that would just blow my mind. I do think they're gonna announce the PS4 though, been a long while since PS3, even if we have had PS Vita.
    They stated the dual shock is going away and the start and select will move way down with a touch pad in the center.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They stated the dual shock is going away and the start and select will move way down with a touch pad in the center.
    Yes lets go away from conventional controllers and add shit no one wants to the controller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Yes lets go away from conventional controllers and add shit no one wants to the controller.
    everything was "conventional" until somebody made something better.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    I expect the ps4 to shit all over my wiiu powerwise. That is also the only reason why I would ever be interested in it. I just wish Sony and Microsoft had more desirable first party stuff that I can't play on my pc. Don't get me wrong I like little big p. and uncharted but it doesn't add up. It better be a beast of a machine.
    Edit: my phone makes all grammar go away =/
    Last edited by mmoc64e39b9c60; 2013-02-05 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    Makes me laugh that people talk about games consoles in terms of specs here there and everywhere, the specs while important aren't the most important factor.
    That factor is of course the game library

I've seen this argument with every generation of console from the 8 bit generation, there are systems out there with great specs that often get overlooked or don't perform as well commercially because of a poor line up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    I expect the ps4 to shit all over my wiiu powerwise. That is also the only reason why I would ever be interested in it. I just wish Sony and Microsoft had more desirable first party stuff that I can't play on my pc. Don't get me wrong I like little big p. and uncharted but it doesn't add up. It better be a beast of a machine.
    Edit: my phone makes all grammar go away =/
    yeah the vita did that over the 3ds.. look how that turned out. Id rather have good games over X amount of power but thats just me

inb4 all the kidos are saddened by the non release of the PS4 but rather the partnership between Sony and Gaikai, for cloud based gaming (entire games and demo's as well as the ability to play your games on any ps3 with the application downloaded)

Sony has already said it before they won't release any information about their next gen console until Microsoft does so first.
    Cloud based gaming is the next big thing, little overhead because there are no booklets or discs to manufacture and sony has the control over their entire marketplace because they are the ones selling it not the company that makes the game (meaning more profits for them, the vita and the pspgo were just test platforms to see how discless consoles go)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbilicious View Post
    inb4 all the kidos are saddened by the non release of the PS4 but rather the partnership between Sony and Gaikai, for cloud based gaming (entire games and demo's as well as the ability to play your games on any ps3 with the application downloaded)

Sony has already said it before they won't release any information about their next gen console until Microsoft does so first.
    Cloud based gaming is the next big thing, little overhead because there are no booklets or discs to manufacture and sony has the control over their entire marketplace because they are the ones selling it not the company that makes the game (meaning more profits for them, the vita and the pspgo were just test platforms to see how discless consoles go)
    If they move to cloud gaming, The price of the game had better come down. Without the costs of case, disc and booklet and also shipping and hiring representatives to communicate with retailers. The price better drop. If it does not, keep a bottle of lube handy when ever you purchase a game online. Cause like it or not, your taking it up the....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If they move to cloud gaming, The price of the game had better come down. Without the costs of case, disc and booklet and also shipping and hiring representatives to communicate with retailers. The price better drop. If it does not, keep a bottle of lube handy when ever you purchase a game online. Cause like it or not, your taking it up the....
    the prices will go up.. production costs for "next-gen" games. Dont expect it to be anything like steam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    yeah the vita did that over the 3ds.. look how that turned out. Id rather have good games over X amount of power but thats just me
    Oh don't get me wrong. The only reason I would ever care for a ps4 is if it is incredibly powerful and cheap enough to rival investing in my PC. I already own a Wii U and don't intend to get any other console due to the lack of enticing exclusives. Nintendo has the exclusives and PC gets most of the other stuff that matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    the prices will go up.. production costs for "next-gen" games. Dont expect it to be anything like steam.
    Maybe not steam price ranges. But I would hope a game would not cost $60 if most of the post production is being done away with.

Quote Originally Posted by bewbilicious View Post

Cloud only wont exist for a long time, they can't guarantee everyone is on a wired internet connection within their house and wireless streaming of cloud content like on-live is shit and drops out a lot. Until the wireless tech is here where you can be downloading, streaming HD TV and streaming game content from a could all at the same time it won't happen.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Maybe not steam price ranges. But I would hope a game would not cost $60 if most of the post production is being done away with.
    lol60$ dotn you remember n64 days? 80-90-100 $$$ games. compared to todays value it was almost like 100 to 130 for each game (inflation counted in)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they'll show the actual console on February 20th. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAvNhMXQZZ4

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.edge-online.com/news/no-c...take-two-boss/ <-- this dude thinks otherwise
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    The consoles will be about 500 taxes in. I envision that prices will go way down if games are bound to your console like the rumors are saying. Al tho I am against not being able to lend my friend a game to play and beat it, the reason games cost so much is to make up for those instances not getting money back from resales. If this ends up happening new games should not cost more than 39.99 which would be amazing and I would not give shit if the games were bound.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel