Thread: Ps4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Looks promising. Way better than the first info I got a few months ago. If they improve those specs even further, I'd be very happy.
    As would I, but the pricetag might not be so nice lol. But hey, if they can back up the specs with great games and full BC then I am fine with paying $500+

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    As would I, but the pricetag might not be so nice lol. But hey, if they can back up the specs with great games and full BC then I am fine with paying $500+
    Europe is going to be even more fucked. I expect something around 600€ for the release console.

Still gonna buy it.

I just hope it has proper power, so consoles can stop dragging down the entire gaming industry so much.

Europe is going to be even more fucked. I expect something around 600€ for the release console.

Still gonna buy it.
    Ya you guys always get it tough with prices. Lets hope they don't got through with the blocking of used games, that would be the worst move ever unless they were planning on dropping software prices.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My PS3 spends 99% of its time playing Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/Youtube and 1% for gaming. There'd have to be some seriously amazing shit in that box to make me even care.

People still play consoles?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Ya you guys always get it tough with prices. Lets hope they don't got through with the blocking of used games, that would be the worst move ever unless they were planning on dropping software prices.
    blocking used games, no backwards compatibility.. you know its coming lol (really hope thats not the case) but itll have at least one of those thats for sure.

Still not convinced this is the ps4 announcement though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    Umm Ps2 and Ps1 are discontinued, so yea...Ps3 isn't, but in a few years it will be also...and then soon after the Ps4...Your statement only makes since while you can get your hands on older consoles...if they made each new console backward compatible this would eliminate the hassle of multiple consoles, and allow people to enjoy there old games whenever they get the urge too.
    They can still play the old games they own. Its called break the PS1 out of the closet and hook it up. Come on now, dont be lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    They can still play the old games they own. Its called break the PS1 out of the closet and hook it up. Come on now, dont be lazy
    The ps1 breaks, then what?

I'm more or less looking forward to seeing what the next gen consoles are going to bring that is hopefully new. I'm primarily a PC player but I picked up both a 360 and the ps3 in the past year mostly to play exclusive titles...and because I could buy both of them for the price of a new videocard when mine isn't all that bad, plus some pretty awesome games for 20 dollars or less a pop brand new.

As for backwards compatibility, I never played the original Xbox but at least the 360 plays pretty much anything the original can, not sure if that trend will continue or not with them...and I still have my ps2 in working order so I would just have to hook it up to play my old games. I'm pretty sure they already said the ps4 won't be backwards compatible, so...meh.

Either way, I don't think I'll be getting one until a few years into release when they are cheaper and have flaws fixed from the first model...and hopefully some good games to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    The ps1 breaks, then what?
    Buy one on Ebay for 25 bucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Buy one on Ebay for 25 bucks
    you do realize there is an finite supply of them. they dont appear out of thin air. sony no longer manufactures them. and eventually all of them will break down due to mechanical limitations. ps1's WILL NOT LAST FOREVER. same goes for any other console.....especially the original nes systems.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I just hope it has proper power, so consoles can stop dragging down the entire gaming industry so much.
    Agreed. What is so sad though is that when reading comments in non-gaming sites about the ps4, people were constantly like "We don't need another playstation or xbox," "ps3 still has untapped power," "what could the ps4 do that the ps3 can't," "another console, too soon," these comments were everywhere, I was facepalming so much...I'm practically turned into Robert Patterson :P....but really I was shocked at how out of touch the general public is when it comes to gaming hardware.
    X

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you do realize there is an finite supply of them. they dont appear out of thin air. sony no longer manufactures them. and eventually all of them will break down due to mechanical limitations. ps1's WILL NOT LAST FOREVER. same goes for any other console.....especially the original nes systems.
    It will be a Looooong time before you cant get any more. Hell you can STILL buy Atari 2600s on Ebay some even still brand new.

Still gonna buy it.
    *AHEM* and someone called me rich for buying a 400 Euro PS3 on a special occasion of mine...

I wanna learn about the advances of gaming hardware...

Deleted
    Should be interesting.

Microsoft and Sony tend to sell the consoles at a large loss so you get a huge amount of power for your buck. I remember when the 360 came out and people were cracking it and using it as their main gaming rigs, top end PCs for £300 was quite the lol for a couple of months.

Won't be out till 2014 in any case, and we've got Valve and Nvidia throwing their hats into the console market as well this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the last generation I got a 360, never bothered picking up a PS3... Think I made the wrong choice though, this time I'll be picking up a PS4 asap, fuck Microsoft and there obession with gametypes I hate (sports games and Fps')
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I can't wait for the new PS and XBox, the current ones are light years away from computers already.

I won't buy PS4 before at least two years have gone by.

I only bought PS1 lots of years after it's release, PS2 only in 2004 and PS3 in 2010. I only have 4 games for PS3 at the moment plus the ones from PS Plus, Mortal Kombat, LBP2, Infamous 2, Limbo, Bioshock 2 and one or two more. I am playing Ni No Kuni at the moment and this year if full of great games. Also, theres dozens of games that released since 2006 that i have yet to play. So, PS4, come out, be awesome, have great games, lower your price and by 2015 or something you are mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    blocking used games, no backwards compatibility.. you know its coming lol (really hope thats not the case) but itll have at least one of those thats for sure.

Still not convinced this is the ps4 announcement though.
    Ya I am not getting my hopes up when it comes to Sony. I also think it will be something completely useless. Got a feeling its that new Gaikai cloud service they are announcing. Even the slogan they used in the Feb 20th teaser video is from Gaikai or at least very close to its slogan.

The PS4 will not play PS3, PS2, or PSX games, this is a failure in my eyes from the get go. PS2 is as far as I go with Sony, The new XboX has not confirmed the backwards compatibility but you can probably bet certain titles will be like gears of war and halo etc. which is a little bit better. Nintendo has it in the bag, All Wii games aside from a few are playable on the Wii U, the only draw back is that Gamecube is still left to your old Wii console or the actual GameCube. It is all Apples, Oranges and a Banana I guess. I just think Nintendo will come out ahead big time in this generation.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal