Poll: Which JRPGs are you looking forward to in 2013?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

JRPGs of 2013 - Which ones are you excited about?

Many great JRPGs (Japanese Role Playing Game) are to be releasing in the western region this year. Which ones are you most looking forward to?

For me, I'm patiently waiting for Tales of Xillia and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

I'm probably missing a few, just post any more that you are anticipating

*Edit* Ni No Kuni isn't on the list since it was already released. But you can surely mention it if you want It's a great game!

*Edit 2* The Debate about some games aren't JRPGs is over. Here's a source of information unrelated from the list I have made: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...g-in-2013.aspx

For those wondering, I chose Tales of Xillia because I'm a huge fan of the 'Tales' series For those that haven't tried it, I highly recommend it for the amazing story line and battle system! Only a handful of Tales games were released in the western region. If you want to check out more on the Tales series or Tales of Xillia go to: Tales of Wiki Fan Page

A look of the Tales of Xillia battle system is here: Tales of Xillia Battles

I chose Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn simply because it's a remake or reboot of the original Final Fantasy XIV which was not met with everyone's standards. The reboot looks amazing and is well worth checking into! Final Fantasy XIV Homepage
    Last edited by Yuuki Asuna; 2013-02-02 at 02:54 PM.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    Dark Souls 2 and hoping for Persona 5 news. Any update at all please.
    Yeah I would've posted Persona 5...but haven't heard anything on it yet But that's another I hope is this year!
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tales of Xillia and Pokemon X/Y are the only ones I'm excited about.

I'm not sure what else is coming out this year though. Aside from Ni no Kuni (already out) and Fire Emblem (next week) I can't even think of any other JRPGs coming out this year off the top of my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Tales of Xillia and Pokemon X/Y are the only ones I'm excited about.

I'm not sure what else is coming out this year though. Aside from Ni no Kuni (already out) and Fire Emblem (next week) I can't even think of any other JRPGs coming out this year off the top of my head.
    Yeah hoping on news from Kingdom Hearts III too. 'Maybe' anything at all from that. Japanese really know how to keep games hidden for a while. *cough* Persona 5.

Deleted
    JRPG? Jewish Role Playing Game? Japanese Role Playing Game? Junior Role Playing Game? Me is confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    JRPG? Jewish Role Playing Game? Japanese Role Playing Game? Junior Role Playing Game? Me is confused.
    Uh..Japanese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Souls II by far is my most anticipated title. FF:XIV is looking like it's going to be pretty epic as well. You can't forget Fire Emblem as well. My wallet is going to hate me so much this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Dark Souls II by far is my most anticipated title. FF:XIV is looking like it's going to be pretty epic as well. You can't forget Fire Emblem as well. My wallet is going to hate me so much this year.
    Haha yeah That's kind of how I feel after seeing all the awesome games coming this year!

10+ Year Old Account
    dark souls was a borefest and PSO is the only game ive played a prequel of so id vote PSO2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    dark souls was a borefest and PSO is the only game ive played a prequel of so id vote PSO2
    I remember the original Phantasy Star for the Genesis back in the day. I loved Phantasy Star IV! I never did give PSO1 a try. May have to try the 2nd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Uh..Japanese.
    lol darkspeared!

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 02:48 PM ----------

anyways, pokemon is the only jrpg that i have played as of late. and even then, i missed out on the whole 5th gen. last one i played was diamond/pearl.

Your list includes and MMORPG and strat RPG's and maybe it's just my age, but I don't consider Pokemon an RPG. So of the games on your list I do consider standard RPG's, Pandora's Tower is the only one I'm looking forward to. Never heard of Dragon's Crown, Witch and the Hundred Knights, or Generation of Chaos, may have to look into them. FFXIII Lightning's Return I have mixed feelings on. I enjoyed the other two games, but this one deviates so much from the other two that it looks like Lightning is the only connection to them. Frankly I wish Square would just make a new FF rather than keep doing spin offs. And I used to like the Tales games, but they just aren't what they used to be imo.

I'd say X or Xenoblade 2 but I'm not sure when it's released.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) why u no add ni no kuni?

Voted for half the list but hope to play all of them.

Except Final Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    Dark Souls 2 and hoping for Persona 5 news. Any update at all please.
    I've honestly giving up hope on Dark Souls 2 being anywhere near as good as the first and Demons.

Just Pokemon X/Y.
    Might pick up Fire Emblem and Mystery Dungeon if there's a sale or price drop. I like the series, but not enough to spend full price on them.

It's already been released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HungryHippo View Post
    Because its already out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Pokemon XY, Fire Emblem, Rune Factory 4, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Deleted
    Pokemon X & Y