Poll: Which JRPGs are you looking forward to in 2013?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    with the PS4 coming out fairly soon.
    People really need to stop saying this until we have an actual release date...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    Hope you have a heavy wallet
    Already pre-ordered HDN Victory LE, i'll only buy 1 of the pokemon game, i'll only try FF14 and Phantasy Star Online 2 since i have no MMORPG atm

Dark Souls 2 is the most anticipated game for me this year. Also looking forward to Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Pokemon should be pretty cool too. That's about it for me though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Been lovin' Ni No Kuni. Really takes me back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    Yeah same here! I want to get a lot of these releases but some will have to wait lol
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    It's a strange feeling. It takes me back and makes me remember the good ol' JRPG days, but also makes me appreciate some of the advancements we've made to old systems. :P I love the game but...well, I already posted my thoughts in the Ni No Kuni thread so I won't go into it here. Great game regardless. So freaking cute!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    It's a strange feeling. It takes me back and makes me remember the good ol' JRPG days, but also makes me appreciate some of the advancements we've made to old systems. :P I love the game but...well, I already posted my thoughts in the Ni No Kuni thread so I won't go into it here. Great game regardless. So freaking cute!
    Yes it is! I love the battle system! Reminds soo much of the Tales series in ways and Pokemon
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

really looking forward to pokemon and kingdom hearts 1.5 HD REmiX. a shame square is making me buy A BRAND NEW CONSOLE AGAIN @_@ instead of making it multi platform.

i mean seriously what kind of voodoo money did sony give square to keep that as an exclusive. was really hoping on only having a wiiu and pc this gen but i guess ill have to buy either a ps3 or ps4.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Pokemon X and Y, and Rune Factory 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    really looking forward to pokemon and kingdom hearts 1.5 HD REmiX. a shame square is making me buy A BRAND NEW CONSOLE AGAIN @_@ instead of making it multi platform.

i mean seriously what kind of voodoo money did sony give square to keep that as an exclusive. was really hoping on only having a wiiu and pc this gen but i guess ill have to buy either a ps3 or ps4.
    Square is making mistakes on their end by switching platforms constantly it seems like >.< I'm waiting on the HD remix and a possible KH3

Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    Square is making mistakes on their end by switching platforms constantly it seems like >.< I'm waiting on the HD remix and a possible KH3
    lol just wait in a couple months "KINGDOM HEARTS DREAMS OF LOVE EXCLUSIVLY FOR VITA AND KINGDOM HEARTS FEELINGS AND JUNK EXCLUSIVE FOR XBOX 9000 BUY ALL TEH CONSOLES"
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I don't consider a lot of those "traditional" JRPGs. For example Pokemon series has very little similarities to a final fantasy game (a true JRPG not simply an RPG originating in part from Japan)

so I only voted for Lightning Returns; Final fantasy XIII

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 06:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

It's probably because you chose a PC and the worst console out there.

It's your own fault really. I looked up outcoming Wii U games for this year its all either multi platform titles, garbage Wii U exclusives and Pikmin 3.

Then when PS4 and Xbox720 or whatever come out they are gonna blow Wii U outta the water. Wii U barely comes out ahead of the consoles in the Generation before it (worse in my opinion since it can't play Blu rays or even DVDs)

Ill be doing Pokemon X/Y and PSO2. I got a feeling that the new pokemon games will be a tad shorter in length due to the graphics overhaul. I hope not though.

I did play the PSO ep1 and ep2 from jp beta to server close and have to say I absolutely love the series. My only hope is that they slightly increased the drop rates for rates (Im not joking, if you think some items are rare in wow, you have never met a 12 star rare in PSO). They did fix the drop and dash issues though. And they added guilds. Should be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post

It's your own fault really. I looked up outcoming Wii U games for this year its all either multi platform titles, garbage Wii U exclusives and Pikmin 3.

Then when PS4 and Xbox720 or whatever come out they are gonna blow Wii U outta the water. Wii U barely comes out ahead of the consoles in the Generation before it (worse in my opinion since it can't play Blu rays or even DVDs)
    you say worst console i say one of the best consoles in a long time. you say crap games, i say first time a console has had more than one or two games i want at launch, you say weak console i say your expectations for next gen are going to be crushed when you realize it isnt nearly that big of a jump, you say shitty exclusives i say two new zelda games coming out, smash bros being shown off at this e3, pikmin 3, a new yoshi game, and a new 3d mario all being shown off THIS E3 i also say what exclusives does microsoft have? halo a racing game and gears of war so one genre im totally not interested in at all and two series that i somewhat enjoy but dont find good enough to buy a console for, what does sony have to offer me besides ratchet and clank and kingdom hearts that i cant get on pc?. you also say why use a console that cant play dvds or blurays? i say why do i need ANOTHER machine that does that?

heres the truth EITHER the consoles are only going to be a small amount stronger than the wiiu similar to the ps3 was to the xbox, OR there going to be alot more expensive. either way the only console that gives me a substantial amount of games i cant get on pc is the wiiu.

i say i win O-O

10+ Year Old Account
    OP says JRPGs of 2013 but Ni No Kuni isn't on the list....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    OP says JRPGs of 2013 but Ni No Kuni isn't on the list....
    It's already out...that's why.
    Last edited by Yuuki Asuna; 2013-02-06 at 06:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon X/Y, Fire Emblem Awakening, FF13-3 and Ni No Kuni
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't consider a lot of those "traditional" JRPGs. For example Pokemon series has very little similarities to a final fantasy game (a true JRPG not simply an RPG originating in part from Japan)

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 06:00 AM ----------

Some aren't traditional JRPGs. But they're there, again here's a good source (not where I got this list from). http://games.gamepressure.com/games_...p?KAT=11&CZA=3

Dark souls 2 out of the list. Only other JRPG I have heard of is Final Fantasy

Pokemon is undeniably an RPG, it is also from Japan... so I'd like to know how it's not a JRPG.