H Amber Shaper help

Hi guys, my raid group did some serious attempts on Heroic Amber shaper for the first time yesterday

We were trying a strategy that consist to nuke the boss on his 8th Amber scalpel/Reshape. We were able to bring him to 18-25% most of the time.
    We enter P2 with the 4 new adds from the 8th amber scalpel and 4 other adds that we kept alive to make sure we had enough to keep a Perma construct person. This perma-construct person keep attacking Amber monstruosity and eat globules to stay alive. We dps out the others that are reshaped during P2
    I based this strategy on some videos i saw on youtube but we have some questions:

1. Sometime (most of the time), The 8th respape (right when we nuke the boss) is still reshaping a tank. In all videos i saw about this strategy, it was never a tank that was reshaped. Does anyone know why he is still reshaping a tank on the 8th reshape ? and sometimes its a dps/heal.

2. Entering P2 with 4 additional adds is enough? how many of em do you keep alive when you enter P2 using this strat

3. I was planing to switch the Perma-construct to start stacking debuff on the Boss when Monstruosity reach 20%

ty for your answers and sry for my grammar (english is not my first language)

1. You want the tank to be in on the 8th reshape and he stays in for the rest of the fight

2. 4 pools is what we do

3. stack on boss after 2nd monstrosity explosion

4. there's like 5 other threads on this subject

We push the boss to 70% when the 3rd reshape starts casting and phase 1 already feels boring. I can't imagine sitting through 8 reshapes just to die in phase 2 because someone missed an interrupt, sounds frustrating. If you're doing a perma construct strat why don't you just keep stacking during phase 2 and come out with ~50 stacks in phase 3 and kill the boss in 30 seconds and have a shorter phase 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    If you're doing a perma construct strat why don't you just keep stacking during phase 2 and come out with ~50 stacks in phase 3 and kill the boss in 30 seconds and have a shorter phase 1?
    Because P1 is easy and we want to run trough P2 quicker (perma construct applying stacks to Monstruosity till 25%) then we enter P3 with Boss at 15% and 5-10 stacks... he die quick as in your strat... only difference is P1 is longer for us while P2 is shorter for us

Quote Originally Posted by Heiros View Post
    Because P1 is easy and we want to run trough P2 quicker (perma construct applying stacks to Monstruosity till 25%) then we enter P3 with Boss at 15% and 5-10 stacks... he die quick as in your strat... only difference is P1 is longer for us while P2 is shorter for us
    Not to mention, burning the boss to near 0% in less than 20 seconds is fun enough to make up for all of that boredom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heiros View Post
    Hi guys, my raid group did some serious attempts on Heroic Amber shaper for the first time yesterday

We were trying a strategy that consist to nuke the boss on his 8th Amber scalpel/Reshape. We were able to bring him to 18-25% most of the time.
    We enter P2 with the 4 new adds from the 8th amber scalpel and 4 other adds that we kept alive to make sure we had enough to keep a Perma construct person. This perma-construct person keep attacking Amber monstruosity and eat globules to stay alive. We dps out the others that are reshaped during P2
    I based this strategy on some videos i saw on youtube but we have some questions:

1. Sometime (most of the time), The 8th respape (right when we nuke the boss) is still reshaping a tank. In all videos i saw about this strategy, it was never a tank that was reshaped. Does anyone know why he is still reshaping a tank on the 8th reshape ? and sometimes its a dps/heal.

2. Entering P2 with 4 additional adds is enough? how many of em do you keep alive when you enter P2 using this strat

3. I was planing to switch the Perma-construct to start stacking debuff on the Boss when Monstruosity reach 20%

ty for your answers and sry for my grammar (english is not my first language)
    1. you must have 3 tanks in order for a tank to always be hit by reshape life in p1. So if you use a 3 tank strat, a dps will never be reshaped in p1.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    1. you must have 3 tanks in order for a tank to always be hit by reshape life in p1. So if you use a 3 tank strat, a dps will never be reshaped in p1.
    We don't have any trouble having a tank always geting hit by reshape life in P1

My concern is: When we Burn the boss on his 8th Scalpel/Reshape... sometime he Reshape a tank and sometime he respahe a DPS... i am wondering why, because we want our 2 tanks out of construct during P2. We adapted our strat to have me (ret pal) taunting boss 4 sec before Fling so the boss don't one shot a clothie dps when tank get's flinged)... but i would prefer if the perma construct was a dps rather than a tank

Edit: just to clarify... when we burn him during his 8th scalpel and reshape... only 1 tank is in a Construct and he is below 20% HP so he can leave anytime, he try to stay in the longest he can so he can apply more stacks and make some insane melee hit dmg as a construct
    The problem is that sometimes, a DPS is Reshaped on the 8th reshape (when boss is geting Burned) and sometimes its a tank
    My main tank was pointing out that "he think" the reshape may be applied to a DPS if he leaves the Construct before the 8th reshape happen, the 2-3 times we were able to get a DPS reshaped on the 8th scalpel, he think he was out of the construct before the reshape

I would rly appreciate someone that have experience with this strategy to let me know how to manage to get a DPS reshaped on the 8th Reshape, and not a tank again
    Last edited by Heiros; 2013-02-05 at 06:58 PM.

Why do you want to get a DPS reshaped on the 8th reshape, out of curiosity? This is the strategy we used to kill this, and we did it with 3 tanks, and one was always the 8th reshape. The only way for reshape to go onto a DPS is for there to be nobody in tank spec that isn't already tanking either the monstrosity or Amber Shaper.

You want a tank to be reshaped, because you want all of your DPS available for the burn. Use 3 tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Why do you want to get a DPS reshaped on the 8th reshape, out of curiosity? This is the strategy we used to kill this, and we did it with 3 tanks, and one was always the 8th reshape. The only way for reshape to go onto a DPS is for there to be nobody in tank spec that isn't already tanking either the monstrosity or Amber Shaper.

You want a tank to be reshaped, because you want all of your DPS available for the burn. Use 3 tanks.
    you can do this fight a variety of ways. the way they described is perfectly fine. the end result is they have more dps for the burn. also the reshape happens after the burn.

in my experience it seems that ambershaper reshapes tanks when the monstrosity is not out. Now when you burn the boss from 70-20 during the scalpel probably creates some issues as to when the monstrosity becomes active (takes a few seconds when he comes out of the pit) and when he casts reshape. I'd recommend just dealing with the flings with taunts and defensive cds on other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    you can do this fight a variety of ways. the way they described is perfectly fine. the end result is they have more dps for the burn.

in my experience it seems that ambershaper reshapes tanks when the monstrosity is not out. Now when you burn the boss from 70-20 during the scalpel probably creates some issues as to when the monstrosity becomes active and when he casts reshape
    I know you can do it a variety of ways, but if you're doing a strat that involves burning the boss during the 8th scalpel, there's no need to make it harder than it needs to be.

In any case, with 3 tanks, we've always had (100% of the time) a tank be the one to be reshaped just after the 8th scalpel and just as the monstrosity is coming out. We always make sure to get the previous tank down to 20% before the burn starts so he can break out without us having to do more damage to him, and gets to sit there and help burn in the construct.