Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoL and Increased Asian Ilvls

I don't only raid to rank, I raid to progress. But part of what drives me to play my best after progression is done is rank 1 parses. Before my recent transfer to join Aftermath on Mal'ganis I had multiple rank 1 parses. Since transferring a few weeks ago I've paid less attention to parsing as we've been working on progression. Empress, then Sha. We killed Sha and ended progression for the tier on Monday. On Wednesday I found myself looking at WoL to see what I'd need to be doing on fights get rank 1.

This is what I saw when I looked at 25 man heroic.

At no point in time have ranks ever been so one sided. Is it just me, or is competing with players that have an advantage of 8 item levels a little bit fucked up? Anyone else a little bit irritated?

Deleted
    I already made a thread about this (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Asian-players) and there's already a thread on WoL where the admin says that they are trying to separate the rankings. Don't know how long it'll take them but hopefully they'll be done soon...

As what Zelos said...also asians are different type of players thats why the items have a higher item level. Also 10 and 25 man has a diferent lockout compared to america and europe. America and Europe complains about everything while asian prefer to do everything the hard way. WoW is a bussiness and there goal is to please the customers making there decision mostly a majority rule. Same goes in asia, majority wants to make things hard so there worthy for such rewards. Bosses in asia has higher HP, higher iL, Higher armor and higher damage. Thats facts.

My bad, should have searched before I made it.

Yes, You have missed the blue post saying the diference between west and asian wow. Scroll a litle and you might find that old blue post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    Yes, You have missed the blue post saying the diference between west and asian wow. Scroll a litle and you might find that old blue post.
    I know about the post and the difference.

I really wonder with that much gear advantage Asians have, how are non-asians making it to the top100 list. Lots of US, EU players there would expect none.
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    I really wonder with that much gear advantage Asians have, how are non-asians making it to the top100 list. Lots of US, EU players there would expect none.
    Clearly we're better

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it's just them asians living in EU and US

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Deleted
    Blizz will do anythign to keep the asian market satisfied. Sad reality I guess.

It is a bit disappointing if you like seeing high ranks etc. Be good if they could separate it for regions.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    I already made a thread about this (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Asian-players) and there's already a thread on WoL where the admin says that they are trying to separate the rankings. Don't know how long it'll take them but hopefully they'll be done soon...
    Just because i am curious not because i really care

But the same advantage should reflect on the speed at which the next raid tier gets consumed. Will there be a split between world firsts between eu/us and asia as well? Because, again i do not care really, the two are not on equal footing at all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Just because i am curious not because i really care

But the same advantage should reflect on the speed at which the next raid tier gets consumed. Will there be a split between world firsts between eu/us and asia as well? Because, again i do not care really, the two are not on equal footing at all
    they will have more hp and deal more damage in asia to compensate for the higher ilvl. But yes, comparing will be hard, like comparing 10 man to 25 man, you can allways argue if the change to boss was to high or to low

Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    As what Zelos said...also asians are different type of players thats why the items have a higher item level. Also 10 and 25 man has a diferent lockout compared to america and europe. America and Europe complains about everything while asian prefer to do everything the hard way. WoW is a bussiness and there goal is to please the customers making there decision mostly a majority rule. Same goes in asia, majority wants to make things hard so there worthy for such rewards. Bosses in asia has higher HP, higher iL, Higher armor and higher damage. Thats facts.

You are slightly wrong.
    #1 their are quite a few Americans who would love separate lockouts and take advantage of being able to do both
    #2 Americans have been screaming about getting harder content since wrath yet blizzard continues to nerf heroic modes.

Simple fact is the moderate American player still claims he/she is overburdened by raiding/dailies/pvp w/e while the more hardcore progression oriented type still claim the game as been dummied down to the point that they spend on average of 2-3months waiting for new content to be released.

The only real difference is that blizzard felt the need to cater to the lesser players by crippling the more hardcore players in the U.S
    Their was no need for shared lockouts, The more time someone spends the more they should progress, it really is that simple.

People who only play for a moderate amount of time have no footing to demand that walls be placed in front of more serious players so those lesser players themselves can catch up without putting in more effort.

So who knows at the end of the day maybe it isn't that Asia has better raiders (in fact given the history of world firsts I would say they don't) but just ones who bitch less about falling behind because they wern't raised by a society that rewarded them for being slower than their peers.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    The only real difference is that blizzard felt the need to cater to the lesser players by crippling the more hardcore players in the U.S Their was no need for shared lockouts, The more time someone spends the more they should progress, it really is that simple.

People who only play for a moderate amount of time have no footing to demand that walls be placed in front of more serious players so those lesser players themselves can catch up without putting in more effort.
    This. The fact that valor point gear is locked behind daily reputation grinds is undeniable proof: instead of being able to get more valor points and thus gear up faster if you're a raider, now the game forces you to level up as fast as xxarthasdkxx the blood elf death knight does because everyone can get valor capped for the week in just one day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Articuno View Post
    This. The fact that valor point gear is locked behind daily reputation grinds is undeniable proof: instead of being able to get more valor points and thus gear up faster if you're a raider, now the game forces you to level up as fast as xxarthasdkxx the blood elf death knight does because everyone can get valor capped for the week in just one day.
    Never been hard to Valor/Emblem cap.
    And if you are truly "hardcore" that is so awesome at this game, you dont really need the valor gear do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    I don't only raid to rank, I raid to progress. But part of what drives me to play my best after progression is done is rank 1 parses. Before my recent transfer to join Aftermath on Mal'ganis I had multiple rank 1 parses. Since transferring a few weeks ago I've paid less attention to parsing as we've been working on progression. Empress, then Sha. We killed Sha and ended progression for the tier on Monday. On Wednesday I found myself looking at WoL to see what I'd need to be doing on fights get rank 1.

At no point in time have ranks ever been so one sided. Is it just me, or is competing with players that have an advantage of 8 item levels a little bit fucked up? Anyone else a little bit irritated?

When i was hardcore, i would rank top 10-50 on every fight.

Now im casual, i am 10 ilevels behind most top geared players and rank in the top 200 on some fights.

Are people STILL dis-illusioned to think that they are special snowflakes when it's blindingly obvious they are ranked by gear level?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like an optional setting to turn on 'Asian mode' for all bosses in any instance for the remaining lock out. I don't think you should be able to turn on individual bosses, but an entire raid would be interesting.

Can't see them agreeing to this though, because players would kill normal / hc modes and then set it to the harder setting for further loot gain, where as Asians have it harder from the outset I believe? (They can't bridge the gap with normal and HC gear before pulling the harder normal and HC bosses?)
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    I'd like an optional setting to turn on 'Asian mode' for all bosses in any instance for the remaining lock out. I don't think you should be able to turn on individual bosses, but an entire raid would be interesting.

Can't see them agreeing to this though, because players would kill normal / hc modes and then set it to the harder setting for further loot gain, where as Asians have it harder from the outset I believe? (They can't bridge the gap with normal and HC gear before pulling the harder normal and HC bosses?)
    Blizzard can't add this because it would defeat the purpose of their original change to merge 10 and 25. Think about it, if you had the 'option' to pursue harder content, you'd feel 'obligated' to pursue said content if you wanted to join good guilds etc. Basically adding an Asian mode would 'unmerge' 10 and 25.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    #2 Americans have been screaming about getting harder content since wrath yet blizzard continues to nerf heroic modes.
    This statement leads me to believe you don't know what you're talking about.