Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    No, I mean I come out of the arena gates, move towards the enemy team, and get picked out of stealth by a unit-targeted ability before I'm even near them.
    Oh, this. This is them predicting where you are in stealth. In Blades Edge for instance, 90% of people will just run straight up the ramp and start walking across the bridge. If you time it right you can AoE the bridge as they would get to that bit. Same in Nagrand, people generally run straight from one side to the other.

This generally stops at high rating because stealth classes start doing weird movement patterns and going different ways every game so they can't get predicted out of stealth. Another tactic is to stay unstealthed and mounted when gates open, start running one way and then stealth after about 5-10 yards, then go a completely different way and 'fake' a direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Go troll somewhere else. This isn't funny in the least. And it's not just hunter pets but mostly warlock ones such as the imp swarm who aren't controlled directly and just aggro to whatever they feel like completly ignoring stealth/vanish and such.
    Wow lighten up. He was obviously speaking in jest.

On topic, as a feral druid I have noticed I get picked out more easily for sure. Don't have a max level rogue so can't compare, but I imagine it's the same and an overall stealth issue.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Oh, this. This is them predicting where you are in stealth. In Blades Edge for instance, 90% of people will just run straight up the ramp and start walking across the bridge. If you time it right you can AoE the bridge as they would get to that bit. Same in Nagrand, people generally run straight from one side to the other.
    No, I didn't mean aoe. I said unit-targeted; the abilities in particular are usually charge and scatter shot. They probably had a decent guess and knew where to look for me, but I'm still adamant that I've been seen from too far away. You'd think if it were a prediction and not a bugged stealth that I'd be found by heroic leap or flare rather than those other abilities. I mean those happen too and I daresay slightly more often, but I'm not complaining about them because that's how those spells are supposed to work.

Come to think of it though, it has been a while since I've been seen through stealth from that far away. Admittedly I haven't been playing very much lately, but maybe it was something to do with being lower-rated and and players there having latency problems. I wouldn't imagine latency could be beneficial, but it could be possible. Whatever the cause, it sounds like the OP was describing a similar situation and I've had it happen to me too. Regardless of everyone else's experiences, I've had a few spots of trouble with it. It's not an overwhelmingly broken mechanic, but to answer the original question: Yes, stealth appears to be unreliable at times.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Maybe they're hacking.
    I don't know how that would work, but if that's possible I really don't doubt it. IIRC it was mostly pretty braindead teams that it would happen against, so it's not like it caused an instant loss or anything. It usually just kind of weakened our opener, but it always felt like it shouldn't have happened.
    Last edited by asb; 2013-02-03 at 02:55 AM.