Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Read on AJ that there are lots of priest bugs on PTR, that combined with battle fatigue bug :S.

Now they are saying 2 weeks (3 depending on your interpretation) until live. I have hope for 5.2 being balanced, but my guess would be lots of things are going live to be hotfixed in the first 2 weeks.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 09:21 PM ----------

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23...0#entry3848133

Interesting read on AJ. Probably the most constructive thread I have seen on there in a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    Read on AJ that there are lots of priest bugs on PTR, that combined with battle fatigue bug :S.

Now they are saying 2 weeks (3 depending on your interpretation) until live. I have hope for 5.2 being balanced, but my guess would be lots of things are going live to be hotfixed in the first 2 weeks.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 09:21 PM ----------

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23...0#entry3848133

Interesting read on AJ. Probably the most constructive thread I have seen on there in a long time.
    Sarcasm right? Every time I read PvP forums anywhere I bust a blood vessel in my Brain. People just see buffs in patch notes and ASSUME Disc will be strong. I've seen more Disc priests on PTR than any other healer, which is 100% understandable. The problem is, people are watching people stream PTR Disc, seeing them flash heal for 11-billion due to no fatigue, and screaming OP.

I still think there's not much Disc has that other healers don't have. Fear has become one of the weakest CCs in the game with the number of abilities that specifically immune or break it (short Tremor especially). AoE fear is still a plus, but it also requires us to move pretty far out of position to use effectively, unlike almost every other healer's CC. We also lack the followup CC that other healers can provide.

In terms of utility, what do we have? Body and Soul/Feathers in 5.2. Fear Ward. Leap of Faith if used offensively. Mass dispel will be useful in 5.2 because we can glyph it 100% of the games we need it, but still has a prohibitively high mana cost, discouraging as liberal use as we have in the past. Plus, with the prevalence of Shadow Priest this season, people have gotten very used to the concept of locking down the priest to stop MD. Is any of that notably strong?

While Disc mana will be better, i'm not sure it will be on par with Druid/Paladin/Shaman. I'm fine with my mana being weaker in long games. I hate long games. However, we need offensive pressure to be able to keep games short.

I feel like the demise of Mana Burn was the last nail in the coffin for our offensive pressure. We've lost our double offensive dispel, every healer gained defensive magic dispel (good thin, for overall game don't get me wrong) and our damage has been nothing special since Wrath. Mana Burn got a lot of hate, but I feel like it gave us a niche and allowed for a unique style of play.

Don't get me wrong, i'm glad for the buffs we've got, and I think 5.2 will be very decent. It just seems like there are underlying issues that aren't being addressed. This is just my 2c. You don't have to agree, in fact, I welcome debate and discussion.

Deleted
    ^I agree entirely. Even if they fix our most glaring issues (survivability and possibly mana) we still won't have any significant advantage over the other healers (and several drawbacks), even if you will be less screwe using a disc this won't change the fact that another healer will be a better option for almost every single setup.

I wasnt really linking for the poll, more the comments (well some of them). As a whole, the comments are that priests bring nothing to the table beyond what the other healers bring, which is exactly what we are saying.

Deleted
    I feel like they should really fix our mana issues in PvP.
    Everytime disc priests oom and opponent shaman or paladin still +80% mana np.

Deleted
    I feel like they should nerf every healers mana down to disc level, unless there's a priest n the arena I pretty much feel like mana is a non-factor right now and I honestly think healers making spell decision based not only on output, but also on mana cost, was very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    1) Divine Aegis now works differently. It causes any critical heal to proc a bubble for 100% of the heal instead of doubling the heal. In other words, a crit for Holy is a 200% heal. A crit for Disc is a 100% heal + a 100% bubble. The bubble however benefits from mastery, so it's more likely a 100% heal + a 130% bubble.
    2) Power Word: Shield can now crit for Discipline.
    3) Mastery now boosts shields by 1.6% per point (down from 2.5% per point) but now also increases all healing by 0.8% per point
    Another mixed bag. Bubbles critting is long overdue and a cool change/PvP buff. The new crit math is a huge, huge nerf in PvP and makes us even more vulnerable to dispels. A net nerf to Disc in PvP. Another nail in the coffin.

Deleted
    Seems like a net nerf for pvp but hardly that significant either (for me at least), crit is being nerfed while mastery is being buffed (for pvp), and I use quite little of both.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-02-15 at 03:27 AM.

How is it not a significant nerf for pvp?
    You won't be able to bomb gheal crits to quickly heal someone up.
    If you are, your DA will most certainly be capped. 1 crit gheal will probably cap it. If DA is uncapped you can ignore this point.
    DA is dispellable. So even if it is uncapped, 1 offensive dispell and poof there goes over half of your healing!

It is a giant nerf to the worst pvp healer

Maybe (hopefully) I'm misinterpreting the changes.

Edit, DA cap changed to 60% from 40%, still a concern if bombing heals to heal someone up from near dead.
    Last edited by Meaks; 2013-02-15 at 07:05 AM.

I agree disc mana is an issue but survivability is not. Focused will grants 30% damage reduction which is just nuts. Take Angelic Bulwark against healer zerging teams and you can Bulwark the first burst, Pain sup the second burst, and Bulwark should be back up by then.

Divine Star is the only viable final tier choice it seems. Cascade breaks CC and Halo is over a tenth of my mana bar and doesn't break stealth.

I'll probably switch between phantasm and body and soul. I like feathers but I don't like how it takes so many globals have to use, one out of every four globals to maintain it. I'll maybe use it if the speed boost from body and soul isn't long enough to catch healers.

Will probably take mindbender for mana returns if teams go out of their way to stop shadowfiends. I don't want to have to use fear ward on it instead of myself.

Glyphs will be swapped between: death, MD, penance, inner fire.

In 5.2 Disc will probably have to change talents and glyphs more than any other spec based on opposing teams. Every other spec has much less choice and a clear winner in most tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    I feel like they should really fix our mana issues in PvP.
    Everytime disc priests oom and opponent shaman or paladin still +80% mana np.
    Disc Priests OOM like there's no tomorrow and Shamans/Paladins are still sitting there pumping out humongous heals without dropping below 80% mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant View Post
    I agree disc mana is an issue but survivability is not. Focused will grants 30% damage reduction which is just nuts.
    Disc is probably the best healer to play if you get steamrolled. In BGs on PTR, my Disc can't really heal for jack, but I have the easiest time getting away from 2-3 man focus with bubble and fear bomb.

Now that Holy gets Focused Will too, maybe Holy will be worth a shot. Especially since Holy has big heals like Shamans/Paladins without going OOM like Disc.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-02-15 at 07:06 AM.

Deleted
    Holy has decent damage and an additional CC. It's playstyle is garbage though. And I hear Guardian Spirit doesn't even work half the time.

DA: Too complex a change to make up my mind on without testing. I have very little crit in PvP gear so I don't depend on DA at all, it's an RNG bonus. Crits are great if they happen at the right time. It's sort of double RNG in that regard. Mastery nerf means PW:S Weaker, direct healing buff from mastery might offset, more throughput during weakened soul. Also gotta bear in mind that not every DA is gonna get purged before it's consumed.

Forgot about PW:S crits: Nice bonus, but again.... how much can we depend on crits? Need to see how much crit I can get by reforging. Still, occasional shield absorbing well over 100k is nice.

Update: 13.75% crit in Tyrannical, reforged crit, spirit offset. 9.87% w/ Mastery reforges. +5% from Windwalker/Mage (if not purged) or Feral.
    Last edited by mmocc88f087fc1; 2013-02-15 at 09:01 AM.

Making everything undispellable is dumb, but increasing DA/PWS reliance makes us more reliable to purging. They should make is so that if DA is dispelled, it converts it 100% into a heal, and maybe a portion of PWS into a heal.

I dont understand these stupidly complicated changes. IMO, Disc mastery should be like a blood DK's. Heals are normal, and the higher % of mastery = % heal (ie base mastery 5% = 5% healing tacked on as a shield). No crit reliance, straight throughput.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Making everything undispellable is dumb, but increasing DA/PWS reliance makes us more reliable to purging. They should make is so that if DA is dispelled, it converts it 100% into a heal, and maybe a portion of PWS into a heal.

I dont understand these stupidly complicated changes. IMO, Disc mastery should be like a blood DK's. Heals are normal, and the higher % of mastery = % heal (ie base mastery 5% = 5% healing tacked on as a shield). No crit reliance, straight throughput.
    That is literally the Holy Paladin mastery, so that will probably never happen. They want different specs to have different masteries.

Damn, didnt consider that.

I guess having a pvp mastery that is very crit reliant isnt optimal, but is somewhat unavoidable.

Someone just made my suggestion on the PTR thread to make DA shields heal though, so that is promising.

DA is undispellable now on PTR.

GC blue post: We are going to make the new Divine Aegis undispellable.

u mean like holy pala.

Da will cap at 60% hp up from 40% and undispellable like ss. Disc will be effecient as hell in pvp.
    On live with holy spark I can get a huge heal but sometimes with a lot of overhealing.
    No heal will ever go to waste with changes. You can essentially have 250k shield from da, 250k shield from ss,
    Another 160k sheild from pws crit. 660k sheild for at least 15secs. The potential if played
    in the right hands is ridiculous.