Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What would your opinion be on account bound gold & bank?

Something I have experienced in other MMORPGs is gold shared accross all characters and an additional account shared bank. What would your opinion be if Blizzard implemented said features into WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Something I have experienced in other MMORPGs is gold shared accross all characters and an additional account shared bank. What would your opinion be if Blizzard implemented said features into WoW?
    Gold would be nice, honestly not sure why they don't have it. It sucks having to mail my gold to my alts. Though considering they can't even get BoA across realms that's likely the reason.

And I'd kill for more space, I only have 4 slots free in inventory. Bank is totally full as is void storage. Damn Blizz for constantly giving us new useless vanity items that I must keep.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I'd love it, though I'd prefer a combo more like the current system with an account bank like the guild bank rather then a Diablo 3 like system where all storage is lumped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies if I'm not understanding what you mean... but considering you can send every piece of gold/silver/etc to any toon you have, isn't that technically about the same thing?

Although, I guess that is limited to server/somewhat to faction, so yeah, I agree it'd be nice. I play like 99.99% on one server, and I'm alliance only, so I don't even think about other stuff in that regard, sorry. :x

I agree wholeheartedly on the bank space though. I'd kill for a central, huge account-bound storage space.

Come to think of it, just ignore this post. lol
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2013-10-02 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    Would make my life abit easier i suppose

Deleted
    I'd hate it. as you can exploit it so easy just by buying stuff for low prices on high pop servers and sell it for cheaper on a lower pop were it's harder to get. or reverse it.

Farm stuff on a low pop sever, sell it on high pop and this would be the new thing.

This would only work if you had 1 big AH for every single server. gold would lose value but it would stop the exploiting.

- - - Updated - - -

account bank would be hell as how many slots would you have o.O that would mean you cant put BoP gear in there thus less space :/

Deleted
    You can't transfer gold (easily) across faction or server. The shared gold works wonders in GW2... Not only does it remove unnecessary mailing but it also puts all our gold into any character and for those with lots of alts it will be a pleasant surprise to see actually how much gold your combined characters actually have

- - - Updated - - -

You could rectify it by limiting it to server only

You can't transfer gold (easily) across faction or server. The shared gold works wonders in GW2... Not only does it remove unnecessary mailing but it also puts all our gold into any character and for those with lots of alts it will be a pleasant surprise to see actually how much gold your combined characters actually have
    It also helps you realize just how truly destitute you are... there's no gold hiding on some other alts you haven't checked yet. =)

Deleted
    I'm gonna agree with T Man, because on top of what he mentions, how are gold and items being handle when you transfer a character if its serverbound ?
    Since D3 isn't serverbound, they can do it there, too late for wow, but hey...maybe ESO will do it

That would be one small much needed step toward making WoW feel like a more modern game.

I'd say the account-bound bank is a good idea, even more with how many space problems there are right now. Though, for the account-bound gold, I don't think it's too much of a great idea. A couple of reasons could be:

1. My personal case, I share my account with my little brother, and as much as I appreciate him and know he doesn't play with my characters, I don't think I would like it at all if he could access my gold without even knowing what he's doing. I mean, I can easily see how that would end badly. And it's the same for all the people who share their account with their little children/siblings or whatever.
    2. Say the gold is shared between all characters, cross faction. This, I think, would make it too easy for a realm's economy to become unbalanced.
    3. Say the gold is shared both cross faction, and cross realm. Pretty much the same as the point above, just that instead of unbalancing one realm, you get to unbalance many realms at the same time. Not sure if this would be completely true though.

So overall, I don't think they'd ever implement the shared gold function, at least not on the way I mentioned it on points two and three, maybe just cross characters on the same realm and faction, no so sure about it though.

Would love it if I could get the gold off of the server I no longer play on
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    In answer to your 3 issues with the gold(bank is more of a problem logistically believe it or not). 1) you aren't supposed to be sharing your account with your little brother since you aren't his guardian. 2 and 3) it would be quite easy to make it only share with a faction on a single server completely avoiding any balance issues with the economy.
    Okay, I agree to what you answered to my first point, and yes, it leaves my personal scenario out of the question. Though still, what if he was my son? Same problem, and now there's nothing against me sharing it. For two and three yes, you can limit it that way, never said they couldn't, though that'd still leave you with problem one. Though maybe they'd add an opt-out system for it or something to leave it as-is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    In answer to your 3 issues with the gold(bank is more of a problem logistically believe it or not). 1) you aren't supposed to be sharing your account with your little brother since you aren't his guardian. 2 and 3) it would be quite easy to make it only share with a faction on a single server completely avoiding any balance issues with the economy.
    Then there is really no point to change it at all. There are many addons that can show how much gold a character has as long as you have logged into it once on that server. Putting in all on one character would take a max of a couple of minutes. This isn't enough of a reason to go through and recode it all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    And I'd kill for more space, I only have 4 slots free in inventory. Bank is totally full as is void storage. Damn Blizz for constantly giving us new useless vanity items that I must keep.
    Yes, more space is very much needed, I have filled the banks of all of my four characters, as well as void storage on my main. I recently cleared my bags, and hitting a grand total of 20 free slots was incredible! So much space! Too bad it's almost filled again

I'm not opposed.

Shared gold across all characters (at least all characters on the same server) like in Diablo 3 would be great. I can't really think of any reason not to implement that.

Bank might be a little tricky, because I'm a pack rat who keeps just about everything. I actually have three different characters with their banks almost full. I still have stuff like the Ghostbuster gun from old Stratholme, the trinket that lets you talk to ghosts in Caer Darrow, item for summoning that optional demon boss in UBRS, flag for summoning the arena boss in BRD, all the items used for the Warlock epic mount quest in Dire Maul, and so on. I'd need a massive bank for all my packratted shit to be shared across all characters.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-10-02 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    I'd hate it. as you can exploit it so easy just by buying stuff for low prices on high pop servers and sell it for cheaper on a lower pop were it's harder to get. or reverse it.

Farm stuff on a low pop sever, sell it on high pop and this would be the new thing.

This would only work if you had 1 big AH for every single server. gold would lose value but it would stop the exploiting.

- - - Updated - - -

account bank would be hell as how many slots would you have o.O that would mean you cant put BoP gear in there thus less space :/
    you miss the point though. if EVERYONE did it, then eventually the economy would assimilate and it would be a normal price for the amount of gold people would have...and overall not much would change at all

OT: i like the idea of mass storage, there are a lot of armor pieces and weapons i wish i could transmog on characters that dont have them. gold i feel would be a touchy subject only because i like not being able to see ALL of my money, so i dont spend it...but thats just a personal quirk
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Shared gold would be nice but they would have to increase bank space by a whole lot if they were to share that.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Deleted
    For the gold yes, I think it would be a good idea.
    For bank space, like someone said before, if something like a guild bank but on an account level could be made, it would be fantastic.
    As of now I have 2 guild banks to keep all my comps hoarding, and it's a pita to transfer something from one to the other