Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

umm, ok? When are the Draenei, Forsaken, Dwarf, Worgen, and Gnome joining the story?

I mean they are a part of the Horde/Alliance and yet have been pushed aside. I would of thought that at least the forsaken and dwarf would get a litle sympath and join in, but not even that. It is also sad that Velen isn't even taking a part of the fight. When are the worgen to match strength with the mogu? where are the gnomes in the story, at all?!

I love Blizzard's story telling, but it gets annoying that the same (dominant) races always come first or "shine brighter" than the rest of the racial leaders. I mean the Humans and the Orcs are nonstop (which is alright since wow is based off of HumansVSOrcs) BUT when are we ever going to see conflict involving the racial leaders left aside? Better yet. When are we EVER going to see any Alliance leaders other than Varian get any spotlight? The horde has its ups and downs but it works, the alliance has yet to see anything about the gnome leader, the worgens or even the damn draeneis! The blood elves are geting a ton of shit and draenei are getting shit (lol.).

If I am missing something please tell me, but MOP has been the greatest for me but its always going to have that little spot missing the other ALLIANCE leaders actually doing something other than just being there.

We're just one patch into the expansion, hold your horses.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Forsaken got a love story via Riko and Kiryn. Who do you think built those airships for the Alliance (Gnomes). Those tanks (Dwarves). That's all I got really. They're underrepresented this expansion, but honestly the Forsaken had the last two with a big spot light, and Draenei had BC. Dwarves especially need love.

10+ Year Old Account
    lots of Draenie at the alliance base arent there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I think that the forsaken will appear in 5.3 seeing how wrathion called it the climax of the pandarian war. I know what you mean about the constant barrage of the orcs vs humans theme and I think that the problem would be solved on the horde side if the warchief is not an orc but then again the horde doesn't suffer from this problem as badly as the alliance does. I primarily play alliance and I am tried of waiting for my toon's race time to shine or see a hero from my toon's to do some badass things. I think that we will seee major draenei development in the burning legion expac but knowing blizz Turaylon/Anduin will get all the glory and the draenei will get the night elf treatment.

Metzen or who ever it was at blizzcon said Sylvanas was gonna get some love prior to SoO.

As it hasn't happened yet, just have to wait and see.

Worgen probably wont see anything since they had cata (as did goblins), blood elves hadnt had anything since TBC, thats why they got a revisit in 5.1.

With Magni still being incased in diamond I assume blizz has some plan to either free him, or have his next male heir take over, which is Moira's son. Which is actually something Magni wouldnt ever allow, he isn't fond of the idea of a Dark Iron on the throne of Ironforge. Kinda why the council was set up, so a Dark Iron (which Moira is now the Queen of) couldn't rule alone.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2013-02-02 at 06:04 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

You do realise that the Alliance and Horde forces have just landed on Pandaria?

Give them some time to get mobolised and then we can watch the fun and games begin

To me gnomes are only in the story at all just to fill a race slot. Velen plays a bigger role in the books so far then he does in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I think he is talking about actual development with a notable character, I am kinda tried of people "going oh draenei got lore look at all the no name cannon fodder npcs at lion's landing" I mean come on know we know what real development looks like.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonheart327 View Post
    You do realise that the Alliance and Horde forces have just landed on Pandaria?

Give them some time to get mobolised and then we can watch the fun and games begin
    Most people are going on the assumption 5.3/5.4 will be SoO, that's why they're panicing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Yes, but what he is talking about is obviously relevant story participation, not token presence through mute and nameless NPCs.

There were some dwarves, gnomes and draenei characters though, as part of Stormwind Intelligence, Operation Shieldwall and the Explorer's League. But it is true that their respective racial political entities have done nothing so far.

Deleted
    I agree with you completely. Ever since Wrath the story has been about Humans and Orcs. Whenever there's another racial storyline starting, it just ends abruptly with no further development (ingame, I don't give a stuff if it's some book or short-story somewhere, I WANT TO SEE IT INGAME):

Dwarven Civil Unrest, Magni's "Death", Council Formation; what happens afterwards? They all just become friends and the racial tension disappears? No-one's trying to find a way to bring Magni back?

Gilneas survivors; After the start zone what have they done? Sweet F-A. We know there are still Worgen in Gilneas, the Forsaken never actually won. Why are Genn and Varian not providing assistance there? Are they doomed to be Gnomes 2.0 and be refugees in other Alliance cities for 6 years?

Draenei? Lol who are they? After crashlanding on Azeroth, what have they done? Velen trains priests but can't even feed his own people and the refugees from the surrounding areas. Why is the Exodar not fixed yet? Will it ever be fixed? What OTHER Draenei heroes are there? At this point, the Draenei basically have no story. For all intents and purposes they may aswell not even exist.

Gnomes? Lol Gnomes. STILL don't have full control over their own city. There are no interesting or relevant characters there. They again, may aswell not exist for all the influence they have in the story.

Night Elf? The character arcs have gone thusly; Malfurion turned into a giant wuss that can't even help his own people - see: Ashenvale, Darkshore. Meanwhile Tyrande has turned from useless into a bloodthirsty idiot that even Varian facepalms at, see: A Little Patience. The only story the Night Elves have been involved in ingame has been as backup for Thrall and Varian in Cata and MoP respectively. Night Elves and Tauren are like the posse of the Main Guy.

Pandaren... Who were those two opposing idealists again? *shrug*

Goblin; their leader isn't even present in the game world, nuff said.

Trolls; probably the only other race besides Orcs to get some love this expansion via Vol'jin's scheming and attempted assassination. It's also fairly obvious he'll have some role to play in SoO, but what have the Trolls as a people done since taking their island back? Why are we not seeing more notable Troll heroes come to the fore (this applies to basically every race besides Human and Orc, who have plenty of recognisable NPCs)

Tauren; Can't rly comment cos they are completely uninteresting to me anyway. I've seen the Sunwalker guy around a bit, as an equivalent to Anduin but other than that... meh.

Blood Elves have had a bit of love; or rather, a faction within the race had a bit of love - namely the Sunreavers. It's a shame the Dalaran conflict was presented so badly, could have been a lot better. We're getting the next part of that conflict in 5.2... The Blood Elf leader has been sat idle since they were introduced though.

Forsaken had a good amount of development in Cata via the whole procreation issue they were facing. Sylvanas kinda just turned super bitch though and again a lot of the story was just cut off without resolution; what happened to Koltira? Why is Thassarian not doing anything about it? Sylvanas had 4 Val'kyr left as of the Battle for Andorhal; has she lost any others since? What are her long-term plans incase they should all die? We're getting more Lilian Voss development right now than we are any other Forsaken character.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-02-02 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Draenei? Lol who are they? After crashlanding on Azeroth, what have they done? Velen trains priests but can't even feed his own people and the refugees from the surrounding areas. Why is the Exodar not fixed yet? Will it ever be fixed? What OTHER Draenei heroes are there? At this point, the Draenei basically have no story. For all intents and purposes they may aswell not even exist.
    Just to put it out there: apparently the Exodar IS repaired (Though it still seems totalled in-game :P ), but it was only told in one of those short stories on the Blizz website, in-game the Draenei have done nothing of importance since their starting zone, BC endgame content was mainly a blood elf deal (Not really counting the Aldor as "Draenei lore" TBH)

10+ Year Old Account
    the worgen will join.... when im done making tea

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Metzen or who ever it was at blizzcon said Sylvanas was gonna get some love prior to SoO.

As it hasn't happened yet, just have to wait and see.

Worgen probably wont see anything since they had cata (as did goblins), blood elves hadnt had anything since TBC, thats why they got a revisit in 5.1.

With Magni still being incased in diamond I assume blizz has some plan to either free him, or have his next male heir take over, which is Moira's son. Which is actually something Magni wouldnt ever allow, he isn't fond of the idea of a Dark Iron on the throne of Ironforge. Kinda why the council was set up, so a Dark Iron (which Moira is now the Queen of) couldn't rule alone.
    I think Magni might have actually approved it, though he wouldn't have liked it. The quest back in vanilla has him saying something along the lines of "So after all these years, <insert dark iron leader's name> won." He'd also had a desire to reconcile things with Moira, regretting how he'd treated her. So maybe he would accept her son.

But I don't think they set up the Council of Three Hammers just to have the dwarves go back to a single leader anytime soon.

seriously dont post info about every race if you're gonna spout ignorance and include actual events that the races have been involved in. Some points are valid and the races should be getting more screen time but you're ignoring a lot of places they are present.

Krasarang wilds was exclusively night elf alliance side before the war parties arrived. that "tauren guy" was there and he's appeared in many places since then from Kun-lai temple and resides at the horde base in the vale (his NE equivalent Lylia is at our base) and they're both appearing in 5.2

the blood elf leader was personally involved in the rescue of the sunreavers.

Plus theres lots of books and stories out of the game on blood elf stuff, the dwarves conflicts between each other due to the leaders (nice tie in with where that last egg game from that was given to the wildhamemrs in Cata)

I personally dont see the need of many races to be right at the forefront.

Gnome npc's and their tech is all over. The helicopters, the missions causing horde wolves to be flown away. The draenai seriously need more Velen involvement and Nubundo was there in Cata but didnt have a role he performed infront of us (though it was a big role, we never interacted with him).

Worgen do need more lore love. I do like the different gilnean camps around the continents, its somewhat similar to the situation of the draenai camps set around. Quest hubs. But end game involvement to some levle would be nice beyond soldier npc's. Like missions the races are pushing forward, We already have dwarves (explorers league) in krasarang and most of the quests. how about gilnean hunt squads? Draenic cleansing teams dealing with mogu and sha currupted areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    >_<..... You been making tea for two years...

10+ Year Old Account
    I refer you to Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans. The entire Warcraft lore was built off of that game. All the other races were added in as tertiary entities that enhanced, not stole, the story. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Maybe we should elect Darius Crowley to be our new Worgen leader!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Krasarang wilds was exclusively night elf alliance side before the war parties arrived. that "tauren guy" was there and he's appeared in many places since then from Kun-lai temple and resides at the horde base in the vale (his NE equivalent Lylia is at our base) and they're both appearing in 5.2
    Yeah Night Elves are present in Krasarang, but do you know what they're doing and what we're exploring? MOGU AND PANDAREN LORE. Big surprise eh? There is no Night Elf development, no Night Elf Heroes present in the current lore/war story whatsoever besides Tyrande yelling "COME AWN LET ME JUST KILL ONE WIDDLE AWKKKK??" every 30 seconds in A Little Patience before Varian berates her at the end for being a dumbass. The Night Elf heroes are simply devices to make the Orc and Alliance ones look better.

The blood elf leader was personally involved in the rescue of the sunreavers.
    Uhhh, no he wasn't.. He didn't even know what was happening. Rommath leads the uncaptured Sunreavers to safety and when you arrive in Silvermoon, Lor'themar asks "What's going on in Dalaran?"

Plus theres lots of books and stories out of the game on blood elf stuff, the dwarves conflicts between each other due to the leaders (nice tie in with where that last egg game from that was given to the wildhamemrs in Cata)
    Books and short stories should not be the main delivery method of the story. This is a roleplaying game; the story should be unfolding in the game.

Gnome npc's and their tech is all over. The helicopters, the missions causing horde wolves to be flown away.
    That doesn't make Gnomes relevant to the story. Did them flying wolves away on helicopters or whatever have any lasting effect that we can observe? Nope; it's merely a comic relief questing mechanic and nothing more. We haven't seen any racial or political development since the attempted retaking of Gnomeregan.