Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    I refer you to Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans. The entire Warcraft lore was built off of that game. All the other races were added in as tertiary entities that enhanced, not stole, the story. /thread
    I get that blizz should pay some homage to the original game however the game needs evolve from that. The horde doesn't seem to have the problems that the alliance have, horde leaders are out and about and doing things(besides Gallywix) while the alliance has races that are seemingly forgotten or the racial leaders don't do jack. So far the night elves did something but they needed a big strong human to hold their hand to do it while the blood elves are doing things on their own without a big strong orc holding their hand. Another example would be that quest in jade forest where allys get to paint a freakin picture of the alliance or Anduin and the horde equivalent to that quest is a race specific family tree type thing. There's a good chance that the next warchief isn't going to be a orc so the orcs vs human thing would be a thing in the past at least on the horde side that is. All I am saying is that the homogenization of the alliance needs to end it is not enjoyable for someone who is a fan of a non human race to always have human lore shoved down their throats and their race/racial leaders don't do anything or are forgotten but then again it is our fault that we prefer a non human race and must be punished for not choosing to play the master race. /rant

they can`t just give every race a huge ass major storyline like what they did with humans and orcs. I would take 1 major story over 10 small ones for each race.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Books and short stories should not be the main delivery method of the story. This is a roleplaying game; the story should be unfolding in the game.

That's exactly what a lot of people feel and what also Blizzard wants but doing an interesting and fun questline for all these small stories is hard. As said by someone the Exodar is already repaired and the Draenei could leave if they wanted. Is that reflected in-game? No, because Blizzard had to redo the starting zone. Same goes for Silvermoon which is supposed to be more fixed up than we can see in-game.

They are all things that everyone wants to see in-game but it's impossible to do it all at the same time it happens chronologically. Blizzard has only a limited amount of time to make new content and has to develop key characters for the main plot. They need to give Humans more love because people have to accept that Varian will be the Alliance big boss for the next time. Orcs need the love so that people who liked Garrosh will hate him and Trolls need the love because there's a book about Vol'jin coming out and he will probably replace Garrosh so all Horde players need to like him so that they will accept him as the new leader of the Horde.

It would be interesting to see what progress the Dwarfs made with Magni or what the Gnomes are doing and all but people want to see this progress and not read about it in a book in-game or a short story or something like that. But as said it would take a lot of time Blizzard just not has.

Better they stay out of the story lest cdev ruins them as bad as they ruined the Night Elves in MoP. I mean do you really want to see Varian outdrinking a dwarf, teaching a gnome how to build machines or lecturing the Draenei on the Light? Bad enough he has to teach a Night Elf how to lay an ambush -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because races are apart of a certain "alliance" with one another doesn't mean they have to be in everything one does. I perosnally would like to see more of the race leaders represented but like others say it's only 1 patch in so far.

Or

Someone needs to watch the house when Papa's gone...

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Edit: crap, it didn't quote the person I wanted to quote. One sec while I fix this.

Edit 2: Here we go,

"The wealthiest, best staffed PC gaming company in the world doesn't have enough time or resources to make a few less crappy dailies and a few more fulfilling storylines in-game? Yeah, I call bullshit."

This. Would have said a bit nicer though.
    Last edited by Psychotrip; 2013-02-02 at 09:12 AM.

I would like to see the mentioned races involved more as subfactions within an expansion. So maybe a series of quests involving the acquisition of Mogu reanimation artifacts for the Forsaken. Maybe a missionary quest line with the Draenei where you are the ambassadors trying to recruit more into the order...Worgen...I dunno But that would be my idea of integrating those races into the story so they don't feel left out.

Sorry, they're too busy making night elves look bad and giving humans all the story. Oh and high elves, they're there because they're totally an important playable race and high elf players would get mad if they weren't a part of the story.

Folks, we have no idea where we're going with Draenei. I mean... really. #takingoverfromfargo
    I know it's a joke, but you know how they say, every joke has a bit of truth in it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I know it's a joke, but you know how they say, every joke has a bit of truth in it ^^
    Or I could make the complete opposite interpretation and say he's really thinking something along the lines of "We know exactly what we are doing with the Draenei and it will be spectacularly epic", and is simply poking fun at the current, uninformed, impression players have.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Velen was a major figure at the sunwell.

Jaina has been all over.

Anduin is hanging out with the legendary guy.

QQ more alliance fanboys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    lots of Draenie at the alliance base arent there?
    Quest mobs, no story integration whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    We're just one patch into the expansion, hold your horses.
    This is a very, very, very bad argument. It was said so often and in the end nothing whatsoever came out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Metzen or who ever it was at blizzcon said Sylvanas was gonna get some love prior to SoO.

As it hasn't happened yet, just have to wait and see.

Worgen probably wont see anything since they had cata (as did goblins), blood elves hadnt had anything since TBC, thats why they got a revisit in 5.1.

With Magni still being incased in diamond I assume blizz has some plan to either free him, or have his next male heir take over, which is Moira's son. Which is actually something Magni wouldnt ever allow, he isn't fond of the idea of a Dark Iron on the throne of Ironforge. Kinda why the council was set up, so a Dark Iron (which Moira is now the Queen of) couldn't rule alone.
    An even worse argument. Sylvanas and the forsaken had an awesome and long story line in Cataclysm completly overshadowing and even taking up parts of the Worgen one. Worgen got an introduction zone and that's about it, they were immediatly forgotten right after. Goblins got places all over the story and were integrated into the game world and do show up in Pandaria quite often even in story.

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    they can`t just give every race a huge ass major storyline like what they did with humans and orcs. I would take 1 major story over 10 small ones for each race.
    Races who got a major story line since Cataclysm: Goblin, Forsaken, Orcs, Humans.
    Races who never got a major story line IN game: Draenei, Gnomes, Dwarfs, Worgen (Goblin starting zone twice as long + Azshara).

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Just because races are apart of a certain "alliance" with one another doesn't mean they have to be in everything one does. I perosnally would like to see more of the race leaders represented but like others say it's only 1 patch in so far.
    We already know what's happening next patch so that's a fairly bad argument. And the problem isn't even being more involved, it's being involved AT ALL. Some races aren't, never were, not even during their "own expansion".
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2013-02-02 at 11:03 AM.

Oh yay, 5 years ago in the blood elf raid helping the blood elves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Oh yay, 5 years ago in the blood elf raid helping the blood elves.
    What do you expect? It was afterall the Blood Elf expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Or I could make the complete opposite interpretation and say he's really thinking something along the lines of "We know exactly what we are doing with the Draenei and it will be spectacularly epic", and is simply poking fun at the current, uninformed, impression players have.
    *looks at the past 3 expansions of draenei lore*
    yeah right, judging by everything we have seen in the past few years, which interpretations seems more plausible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    That was two expansions ago. On top of that Velen restoring the Sunwell didn't progress the Draenei story at all and instead served to only progress the Blood Elf story.
    So not even in TBC was Draenei lore and particularly Velen's that good.

Jaina has been all over.

Anduin is hanging out with the legendary guy.
    Great both are Humans and you're telling me Anduin being neutral is a good thing?

QQ more alliance fanboys
    Grow up and learn the lore before you make posts concerning it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    The way the games story should be structured is with Orcs/Humans as the major stories with the other races getting some what smaller stories. The best example would be the current 5.1 story for the Horde where the Orcs have the majority but Trolls and Blood Elves get some.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    the worgen will join.... when im done making tea
    If that's the case I hope you like it strong .

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 12:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    I refer you to Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans. The entire Warcraft lore was built off of that game. All the other races were added in as tertiary entities that enhanced, not stole, the story. /thread
    Yet you can look at WC 2 and 3 and notice that it's shifted to have other races on the side.
    WC2 had High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves as well for the Alliance, whereas the Horde had Amani Trolls and arguably the Black Dragonflight. WC3 is pretty obvious in it's diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    The way the games story should be structured is with Orcs/Humans as the major stories with the other races getting some what smaller stories. The best example would be the current 5.1 story for the Horde where the Orcs have the majority but Trolls and Blood Elves get some.
    Orcs, Trolls and Blood Elves always have lore going on, Tauren are always left in the dust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Orcs, Trolls and Blood Elves always have lore going on, Tauren are always left in the dust.
    Well I didn't say all race have got attention yet . But yeah Tauren do need some loving, although with Baine on Pandaria we may see that. But at least they're making progress on the racial story diversity front with the Horde, they just need to apply it to the Alliance .

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    *looks at the past 3 expansions of draenei lore*
    yeah right, judging by everything we have seen in the past few years, which interpretations seems more plausible?
    Almost every race has had a lack of story development for an expansion or two, and honestly we did at least get to explore some of the more Shamanistic side of the Draenei back in Cataclysm (the Alliance side of Vashj'ir was pretty Draenei-tastic if nothing else). And while they have mostly retained a token presence in other expansions, even a token presence tells us Blizzard hasn't forgotten the race exists.

If the next expansion is Burning Legion-centric, then that bodes very well for future Draenei involvement. If it's set on Argus, then it'll practically be the Draenei expansion.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost every race has had a lack of story development for an expansion or two, and honestly we did at least get to explore some of the more Shamanistic side of the Draenei back in Cataclysm (the Alliance side of Vashj'ir was pretty Draenei-tastic if nothing else).
    The problem is that the Draenei as a race have consistently lacked involvement on a scale larger than any other race.
    Also I'm not sure what you're implying with Draenei during Cata, they had next to nothing. Are you referring to Erunak? The problem with him is that again with every Draenei is that he's neutral, we also don't know if he's a part of the Alliance Draenei as many Broken don't affiliate themselves with either faction.
    The Draenei need something that actually cements their position as important members of the Alliance and not a race of neutral Shamans and Priests/Paladins.

And while they have mostly retained a token presence in other expansions, even a token presence tells us Blizzard hasn't forgotten the race exists.
    The problem with having a token presence is that it doesn't really add anything to their story besides "they were there". Particularly for the Draenei the question of why they are there in Lion's Landing is an unanswered question, we are not told why they are out in force and what their objective is on Pandaria and their feelings as a people about the current war given their experience with the Orcs.
    To further add to this we've seen no Draenei + Anduin action yet which was something I was very much expecting after Velen's short story.

If the next expansion is Burning Legion-centric, then that bodes very well for future Draenei involvement. If it's set on Argus, then it'll practically be the Draenei expansion.
    I hope it is . My concern though is that while I love Turalyon and Anduin the current process of Humans = Alliance will most likely continue which is my main concern.